• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hunting & Fishing Is On-X mapping worthwhile in Florida?

Mike Casselton

Team Beer and Donuts.
Minuteman
  • Nov 25, 2007
    Lithia, FL
    Been trying to find some private land in eastern Hillsborough County, Polk and Manatee counties to hunt hogs and coyotes.
    I'm not opposed to branching further out into Pasco, Hernando and even eastward.

So much of the land is either crop land, or it's owned or controlled by Mosaic Mining.
    Lots of landowners have hogs, but their proximity to crop land prevents them from giving the go ahead.
    Some, lease land use rights from Mosaic, but cannot allow access in the lease lands.

Would on-X help me to find properties or is it better suited to other states?

I have On-X. Love it for western hunting. I have the premium so it's nation wide. I think it's worth looking into. You can sample it for trial period. Use "Randy" for a discount I think.

“Meateater” gets you %20 off. Use the free trial. Absolutely hands down the best app on my phone. I’m in south central WI and there is 20 acre parcels all over the damn place that nobody knows about or bothers walking into.

Reactions: drew_235
    Been trying to find some private land in eastern Hillsborough County, Polk and Manatee counties to hunt hogs and coyotes.
    I'm not opposed to branching further out into Pasco, Hernando and even eastward.

So much of the land is either crop land, or it's owned or controlled by Mosaic Mining.
    Lots of landowners have hogs, but their proximity to crop land prevents them from giving the go ahead.
    Some, lease land use rights from Mosaic, but cannot allow access in the lease lands.

Would on-X help me to find properties or is it better suited to other states?
    Mike: Hit me up on a direct message. I'm on a lease that straddles Hillsborough/Pasco counties. Lost my thermal night hunting buddy to long range shooting this year. We've got tons of hogs and yotes. Hell, heading out this Friday night. Always welcome to join. 5500 acres of heaven 30 minutes north of downtown Tampa.