• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Is scope mounting rocket science?

dbsinh2o

SSgt
Minuteman
Jan 29, 2011
VA & RI
Both pics from current listings on the VA Gun Trader. The pistol scope is mounted backwards, and the rifle scope is rotated 90 degrees CCW. Both are decent firearms, with decent scopes - not Walmart gear.

Are people really this clueless?

83874.jpg

selling%20007-M.jpg

Well...the school photos of the kid in the handgun photo aren't helping their credibility either.
But yeah, there are people that are that clueless out there.

Well...with respect to the revolver...as long as the current owner/seller promises to "test fire" it for me and actually looks through the scope's correct eyepiece while doing so...looks like a win to me!!! ;) Additionally...ownership of a Volvo ain't exactly a credibility booster in my book!! ;) Ok, ok, enough pot shots at the dumb bastard...moving on!

On the Savage...its a "gansta" thing. You know...tilt the rifle 90 degrees to the side to shoot it. Kinda like the "upgraded" side-of-the-slide-mounted Glock sights...guaranteed to bust twice as many caps in asses as the regular sights. ;)

The Volvo Penta is the marine engine manufacturing arm of the company you're thinking about.

The Volvo Penta is the marine engine manufacturing arm of the company you're thinking about.

Oops...you are absolutely spot on. I missed that key element while paying too much attention to all the other "FAIL" that pic had written all over it. ;) I stand corrected.

It makes you almost want to think that it's a practical joke that someone is playing by posting those pics.....

I was watching the Outdoor Channel the other day and Melissa Bachman was hunting deer she had her scope mounted with the elevation turret on te left side like the scope above, and one of the main sponsors was the scope manufacture. I just chuckled to myself thinking that's a great representation of the product