• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Is Sierra 155gr HPBT Palma Match in ARs?

DavidAR10

Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 12, 2010
Dallas, Georgia
Is it known to be inherently accurate from 600-1000yds as in
a dedicated Palma rifle?

Or should I be looking at Berger 155.5 gr Match Fullbore Target bullets?

Any pet loads?

TIA to those that know!!!

Re: Is Sierra 155gr HPBT Palma Match in ARs?

155's in a gas gun to 1,000 is pushing it regardless who makes them.it can be done,but it ain't fun.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: johnnyDL</div><div class="ubbcode-body">155's in a gas gun to 1,000 is pushing it regardless who makes them.it can be done,but it ain't fun. </div></div>

You find me a rifle .308 that won't shoot Varget and Sierras, and I'll find you a man who needs to buy another rifle.

The 175s are definitely more popular, but considering the 155s will stay supersonic at 1k even when launched at 2700 FPS, I have to call BS on your claim unless the barrel is shorter than 20" and/or the handloader has no clue what he's doing.

The 155 palmas are great. Slightly lower BC to the 175 but can be launched much faster resulting in good 1k performance that can surpass a 175.

There's a difference between the 2156 and the 2155 Sierras.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Downzero</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: johnnyDL</div><div class="ubbcode-body">155's in a gas gun to 1,000 is pushing it regardless who makes them.it can be done,but it ain't fun. </div></div>

You find me a rifle .308 that won't shoot Varget and Sierras, and I'll find you a man who needs to buy another rifle.

The 175s are definitely more popular, but considering the 155s will stay supersonic at 1k even when launched at 2700 FPS, I have to call BS on your claim unless the barrel is shorter than 20" and/or the handloader has no clue what he's doing. </div></div>and just what would you like to claim BS on.SO,are you telling me 155's out of a 20" gas gun is just the shit!can't be beat.never said it could'nt be done.I'VE DONE IT(A BUNCH)!!i'm just saying on a winding day at the range,shooting 12" plates,there's funnier guns to do it with.

My first try with 155 grain Sierra's sucked. Neither of my guns like them. I worked up some loads with N140. I will have to try Varget.
These are groups with my Remington 700 using Sierra 155 grian Parma Match bullets.
155grainSierrastartingloadnottrimmed.jpg

MaxloadwithSierra155.jpg

155grainsierrastartingchargetrimmedcases.jpg

i shoot the 155 palma with 44 grs h4895 in two bolt and one semi auto .308 with good results.