• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Is something going on in Ukraine?

Status
Not open for further replies.
1. Russia is not acting against ukraine, it is acting against further nato expansion to Russia's borders.
2. Russia has no plans to occupy ukraine, which is a total shithole, composed of pieces from many countries after WWII.
3. Russia plan is to secure any "points of entry" for US/UK weapons into ukraine, including air fields and sea ports.
4. Russian forces will not occupy uki cities, it's just not practical. But Russians will block whatever they consider important.
5. Russia will take out current uki nazi gov and then make a deal with uki opposition and the remains of the uki military.

I don't see this working in out this way.

1. No way to spin it its acting against Ukraine
2. Yes
3. not viable, Ukraine is close to the size of Texas and Western side is open to traffic with Europe
4. if they are smart yes
5. i do not think that is actually the goal,as puppet government wouldn't last and would just be draining resources for support

From what i am seeing, my impression is that the only realistic goals are to cut off the Ukrainian military engaged in Donbas , threaten Kyiv to force negotiations/capitulation and GTFO as soon as possible in any case it's a bad deal for Russia even if the things go well in regards to military operations and is wrapped up in less than a week .

Reactions: BCP
Is it me or are the Ukrainians winning the social media war? All I see over on Twitter is Ukrainian battlefield success. Hell this morning I saw a long tweet on Russia POWs... 10s of pictures of captured Russians soldiers. Then there are hundreds of tweets reporting '3 Russian vehicles destroyed' 'Russia attack defeated' and 'Such and Such city/town retaken'. Many many reports on 'thank you US, UK, your ATGMs help us kill the invaders'. They even created a 'meme' inspired by the Javelin - "Saint Javelin"-

I thought the Russians were masters of social media? Yet they appear to be losing here badly. Maybe the battle isn't won on social media, but the war might be... ?

At the least, Ukraine has not lost the will to fight after 3 days of very tough fighting and heavy losses. Hoping that @TheGerman 's thesis that Russian logistics suck comes into play. It appears that Red Army is still introducing BTGs, including their heavier armored ones, into the fight, so this thing is far from over. RE @TheGerman statement that there is a good defensive line behind the city of Kiev - maybe, but is the will to fight maintained if they loss Kiev and are forced there?

View attachment 7815982

Lots of conflicting "info" but I read the Ukrainians killed 15 tanks coming across the border.

Yesterday I heard a news report that only 1/3 of Russian forces mobilized to the border have entered Ukraine.

also, US announced deployment of additional 7k soldiers, two bdes, likely one from 101 and the other 1st ABCT from 3ID (Go Raiders!!!!)

I *think* this is the second ABCT we will add, giving us three once they all are there - 1/1, 3/4 and 1/3. Plus the Stryker Sqd, a BDE from 82 and one from 101. Good bit of the 173d has deployed to Baltics. Plus the F35s (great discussion above), F-15s and the stationed F-16.

Brits have put in another Arm'd Battalion TF, given them essentially a Armored Bde in Estonia. Germans are reluctantly moving forward a PzG battalion, putting them close to a PzG Bde in Lithuania. Poles remain at a very high state of readiness (anxiously awaiting those 250 M1A2s they ordered).

3 NATO carriers in the Med, plus probably a USN SSGN (love those old Ohio boats).

Given how fuck'ed Uncle Joe's Red Army is getting in Ukraine, NATO will have enough ground force backed by US airpower and naval power to defeat anything but a full Putin mental nuclear break-down.

I'd like to see Russia lose a few ships in the black sea.

Are you aware of any compact system that could be deployed by Ukraine to sink a ship?

I see you haven’t met the SEALs yet lol
Actually I have met two, one is dead now.

I have also talked with someone that worked on a sf team and they had no names no pictures policy as told to me.

Yeah he’s just a naysaying angry old man.

I’ve seen that before, young guy is trying to be nice the whole time without saying that your stuck in 1985, and have no idea of how we train anymore.

He completely reduces Sprey.

Because I linked to that interview here, in my suggested videos he goes to Canada and spews his crap to a CBC broadcaster and she lapped it up.

Reactions: brianf
Actually I have met two, one is dead now.

I have also talked with someone that worked on a sf team and they had no names no pictures policy as told to me.
I’ve been met several but the joke flew over your head I guess.

They say that but magically there’s helmet cam footage all over the internet, there’s even self filmed videos of snipers from both sides fighting in the Ukraine over the last several years. That’s how we know they run AI stuff.

• Haha
Reactions: Huskydriver
I think China not Russia could take over the world they already crippled the USA by having our government shut down manufacturing to buy all goods from China making us depended on them as we just seen with covid. As for Putin I think the godfather reference rings true... "If anything in this life is certain, if history has taught us anything, it is that you can kill anyone."

We HAVE to decouple ourselves from China.

Either by using friendly nations for manufacturing or more definitively bringing it back to the US.

It's a national security issue.

I say we stop sending our people to die for morons in the government and make the government do it “trial by combat” style. President wants to run his mouth to another you personally get to fight them and televise it and there’s no one to champion you.

Magically they mostly would all stfu.

I'm hoping putin just releases the rest of his troops and ends this quickly. The current gov't in ukraine sucks and Putin warned obama during his color revolution that removed the previous gov't that this would lead to issues. I really don't see Putin as the bad guy here and by the nature of the invasion, he's trying to limit civie deaths. The news is so bad here that no one is looking at the root cause or the failures of oblunder and biden.

Slowly wear them down. This conflict has been going on since 2014 they’re not in any rush.
I disagree. I think Putin is concerned that this could get embarrassing. The Ukrainian insurgence will go on forever if Russia stays there. Afghanistan vs. USSR in the 1980's all over again... I think he will negotiate for Ukraine to become "neutral" like Belarus.

Reactions: KZP
I don’t know who to cheer for at this point.

-I’m American, but have ancestors named Boris with very Russian last name.
-I don’t like communists or globalists.
-Putin’s an asshole, but NATO are assholes for not leaving a buffer zone like they agreed.
-Ukraine kills civilians, Russia kills civilians, NATO kills civilians, puts dictators in power, starts civil wars and lies about it.
-sort of seems like Putin my be fighting against globalists, but I don’t want communists to win ether...
- a lot of the folks in the previously annexed areas wanted to become Russia, and speak Russian..if they want to leave let them.

I guess I’ll just go for all the people who just want to be free and left alone, governments ruin everything it seems. A majority of the world would probably be holding hands and singing kumbaya if it wasn’t for them.
That’s an easy answer it’s the people versus the government and it always has been.

I'm hoping putin just releases the rest of his troops and ends this quickly. The current gov't in ukraine sucks and Putin warned obama during his color revolution that removed the previous gov't that this would lead to issues. I really don't see Putin as the bad guy here and by the nature of the invasion, he's trying to limit civie deaths. The news is so bad here that no one is looking at the root cause or the failures of oblunder and biden.
With all due respect, you are disconnected from reality.

I am having trouble getting accurate battlefield updates from Ukraine. Youtube is full of complete bullshit right now - short videos that show nothing, but have some ridiculous narrative attached to them, which the video does not support.

Here is a guy who in the past has been proven to get accurate info. He is a pro-Russian source though, so if you can get through that, you may see some good hard data.

https://thesaker.is/russian-operation-in-the-ukraine-end-of-day-2/

If you are on Instagram, these pages are some of the best I've found.

@northernprovisions
@donbas.frontliner
@american.gopnik
@oafnation_actual

Reactions: NoDopes
I disagree. I think Putin is concerned that this could get embarrassing. The Ukrainian insurgence will go on forever if Russia stays there. Afghanistan vs. USSR in the 1980's all over again... I think he will negotiate for Ukraine to become "neutral" like Belarus.
how neutral is Belarus if part of the invasion was from their territory?

I'd like to see Russia lose a few ships in the black sea.

Are you aware of any compact system that could be deployed by Ukraine to sink a ship?
Not compact like a stinger or javelin however LRASM would def work. afaik its only launched from ships or aircraft as opposed to ground-based launchers/batteries. It’ll turn ships into impotent, floating paperweights if not outright sink them. Otherwise, Mk48s from VA/LA class subs

Yes, "neutral" is a bit of a joke. That is why I put it in quotes. It is as defined by Russia.
totally
for such a large country, they have a small military per what I've been able to find. I'm surprised the global outcry has not looked at their part in this as well.
Biden not wanting to hit Russia with swift sanctions is telling but on the homefront, this may open up US gas/oil activity as it may force Biden to ignore the greens in the dem party.

I'll also add the outcry against China, which is getting neg press here as well, is not as great as it should be. Any sanctions ought to be directed there for sharing information with Russia which I believe crosses UN guidelines. China needs to be dragged into this bad press quagmire as well

First Brandon needs to hook up IRGC with SWIFT so that Iranian National Guards Oil corp can offset the Russian Oil imports to US :eek::devilish: and add Venezuela for good measure as neither country can really ramp up any time soon.

I’ve been met several but the joke flew over your head I guess.

They say that but magically there’s helmet cam footage all over the internet, there’s even self filmed videos of snipers from both sides fighting in the Ukraine over the last several years. That’s how we know they run AI stuff.

Let's not forget Edward Gallagher. He could've saved everyone a lot of trouble if he had just followed the no photo's rule.

Reactions: Huskydriver
Let's not forget Edward Gallagher. He could've saved everyone a lot of trouble if he had just followed the no photo's rule.
They would have just found something else

First Brandon needs to hook up IRGC with SWIFT so that Iranian National Guards Oil corp can offset the Russian Oil imports to US :eek::devilish: and add Venezuela for good measure as neither country can really ramp up any time soon.
Personally I don’t think giving Iran that money is a better option. Seeing as they call the United States the great Satan

But... Iran currently has over 1 million barrels a day of access capability which could be tapped.

Looks like new echelon entering the fight , til now we have mostly seen V and Z

safe_image.php

This site is the "Sniper's Hide" yet we have no discussion/footage/photos of actual wartime snipers engaging in their craft? I guarantee there are Ukrainian precision riflemen (and women) doing some good work in numerous locales.

I saw one.photo, supposedly of a spetsnaz de-headed with a silenced 9x39.

Personally I don’t think giving Iran that money is a better option. Seeing as they call the United States the great Satan

But... Iran currently has over 1 million barrels a day of access capability which could be tapped.
whenever I hear that phrase, I can't help but think of the opening to The Naked Gun with Frank Drebbin kicking ass when the Ayatolla says it.

Reactions: Davo308
The Truth About the Ukraine

Way back in 2016, President Obama said Ukraine is simply not a core American interest that is worth killing and dying over.

And the American people understand this.

According to the AP, just 26% of Americans say the U.S. should play a major role in the Russia-Ukraine conflict.

Thanks to the stubbornness, arrogance, and incompetence of America’s discredited foreign policy “elite,” yet another entirely avoidable conflict has gone hot.

A diplomatic solution with Russia might have involved something as simple as demilitarization in the Ukraine and a signed treaty promising Ukraine would never join NATO.

The Globalist American Empire and its European client states still have yet to sanction Russia’s critical oil and gas industries, lest Germany face a massive energy crisis, and energy prices go through the roof worldwide, which in and of itself could topple the Democrats in 2022 and the Biden regime in 2024.

In a 2015 lecture, John Mearsheimer of the University of Chicago, described how NATO’s relentless expansion east, support for regime change in Ukraine via color revolution, and repeated decision to double down against Russian opposition had created an unnecessary Ukraine crisis.

Belligerent neocons and neoliberals of American foreign policy have always been wrong.

Again and again, interventionism has led America into avoidable and humiliating catastrophes.

It led to disaster in Vietnam, embarrassment in Iraq, and total national humiliation in Afghanistan.

The War Party destroyed Syria and Libya as stable countries and turned them into hotbeds of chaos and terrorism, in return for absolutely nothing.

Interventionists claim that America must fight to demonstrate its strength, yet nothing has depleted America’s strength more than the trillions of dollars wasted on wars that go nowhere.

If America wants its role in the 21st century to stay on par with its role in the 20th, it cannot afford another Iraq-style error. And that means embracing competent realism rather than the unholy neoconservative/neoliberal alliance that has set US foreign policy for thirty years now.

In other words, put America First.

Back in 2003, George W. Bush and Dick Cheney masterminded a war in Iraq that Hillary Clinton and Joe Biden both voted for.

The war was a total disaster, based on false premises, yet because American elites never face consequences for failure, nothing happened.

Come 2011, when Libya became unstable, Hillary Clinton egged on the war, and then luxuriated in the slaughter that followed.

In 2014, this same unholy alliance cheered on a color revolution in Ukraine that predictably led Ukraine down a primrose path of destruction.

Now, eight years into a disaster they created, these interventionists again want to set US policy, and they again want a position of maximum aggression that will prove useless for the people of Ukraine and suicidally self-destructive to the people of America.

The American foreign policy elite is useless, depraved, and discredited.

They deserve no power and no influence whatsoever.

Ignore everything they say on Ukraine and support the right policy of putting America first.

@KanekoaTheGreat

Excellent Op Ed from Revolver, worth the read.

The Ukrainian president was voted in democratically with 70%+ of the eligible vote. Our current president cannot claim that, even. I'm not familiar with how "legit" the Ukrainian election is, but I do know that Russian's election system doesn't have a stellar reputation. So that places me on the side of Ukraine, although sadly they simply cannot win this fight alone and seemingly have not invested in (couldn't afford) a strong military.

At one point, Ukraine officials requested any able bodied European to come to Ukraine and fight if they wanted to. I'm sure they'd be cool with a bunch of long range shooters from America showing up ready to post up and work out their DOPE cards on their 27 lbs. competition rifles.

All that said, I have to wonder if NATO simply stating they would not allow Ukraine into NATO would have prevented this.

I also have to wonder if Western Europe simply sending in half as many troops as Russia was amassing would have stopped this.

I'm not the one in the strategery rooms making these decisions, but interestingly Russia is having to/choosing to come up with some extreme reasoning and propaganda to justify this action and Russians are buying into it (just check LinkedIn, even... even there it's heated). Seemingly, according to Russia, Ukraine is run/controlled by Neo-Nazis (which isn't true, although they do own quite a few of those types... and so does the US and Germany and Poland and so on). I have a hard time believing Russia actually cares about that but Ukraine has also been active militarily in the separatist parts of the country, but that is to a large degree understandable and arguably justified considering it's land claimed by Ukraine that is pro-Russian separatist and anti-Ukraine government.

To me it was so obvious when Russia took Crimea that they intended to do this at a later date, when global politics allowed. Just look at a map. Crimea is an incredible strategic staging ground to pounce into Europe from and to control water from. The fact we allowed it, I believe, empowered not only Russia but China to fast-motion land grabs. China will take Taiwan next, just watch. I expected, frankly, the US to do something militarily in Ukraine because it is so close to NATO allies, but when China takes Taiwan, I suspect we do absolutely nothing.

Also, I don't know if they expected a pandemic but they knew, based on how we reacted to it, it would wear the Western world down. They certainly knew that once the US finally got out of Afghanistan it'd be a cluster no matter which president did it and the American population (and, in kind, the European population) would be uninterested in more war. Mix pulling out of Afghanistan with 2+ years of pandemic costs/inflation/mental tiredness, and this was the obvious time for Russia to make a move. Russians aren't stupid people -- they're skilled strategists with incredible patience and pay extraordinary attention to Western geopolitics and develop plans for it. As a collective, they are very tough cookies, too.

I don't know what the US should do, but it was obvious to me that the staged waves of sanctions would do nothing. Russia will take what it wants in Ukraine within a month. It will likely install a pro-Russia government and establish a security presence, but otherwise leave. It cannot afford a prolonged war and, just like the US, it isn't good at fighting separatist/terrorist-style wars, which is what a Ukrainian resistance would be. Russia wants its buffer zone from Europe. It's anti-democracy in Western form and it's obvious why, but that country could be a greater superpower than the US and China (potentially combined) if it did join the Western cause. The US is the "Western zenith" economically and militarily. Russia could easily become that at a rapid pace with truthful alliance to the West. It chooses not to because it borders China... and China won't like that one bit.

All in all, I care about what China is doing 10x more than Russia. China has stolen manufacturing with inhumane labor wages, China has stolen technology with a systemic and cultural animosity toward intellectual property rights, China has began spreading its military out into oceans and into neighboring countries. China is the reason North Korea still exists (those poor people). China is the threat. And we have allowed China to gain steam and we have incentivized Russia to partner with China, not the West, and therefore if we do end up in a WWIII with China, I suspect Russia will join China. A combination of Russia and China against the United States, Canada, and whatever Europe can muster will be the end of days.

Last edited:
At one point, Ukraine officials requested any able bodied European to come to Ukraine and fight if they wanted to. I'm sure they'd be cool with a bunch of long range shooters from America showing up ready to post up and work out their DOPE cards on their 27 lbs. competition rifles.
seen that one before. their 'problem' is that many people see through the "Putin's Russians are Communists and want to conquer the world!" BS.

but considering how unoriginal some of this propaganda is, maybe they'll just drag out some old posters and white out the swastikas.

4e2txjz9i7kz.jpg

Last edited:
The Ukrainian president was voted in democratically with 70%+ of the eligible vote. Our current president cannot claim that, even. I'm not familiar with how "legit" the Ukrainian election is, but I do know that Russian's election system doesn't have a stellar reputation. So that places me on the side of Ukraine, although sadly they simply cannot win this fight alone and seemingly have not invested in (couldn't afford) a strong military.

All that said, I have to wonder if NATO simply stating they would not allow Ukraine into NATO would have prevented this.

I also have to wonder if Western Europe simply sending in half as many troops as Russia was amassing would have stopped this.

I'm not the one in the strategery rooms making these decisions, but interestingly Russia is having to/choosing to come up with some extreme reasoning and propaganda to justify this action and Russians are buying into it (just check LinkedIn, even... even there it's heated). Seemingly, according to Russia, Ukraine is run/controlled by Neo-Nazis (which isn't true, although they do own quite a few of those types... and so does the US and Germany and Poland and so on). I have a hard time believe Russia actually cares about that but Ukraine has also been active militarily in the separatist parts of the country, but that is to a large degree understandable and arguably justified considering it's land claimed by Ukraine that is pro-Russian separatist and anti-Ukraine government.

To me it was so obvious when Russia took Crimea that they intended to do this at a later date, when global politics allowed. Just look at a map. Crimea is an incredible strategic staging ground to pounce into Europe from and to control water from. The fact we allowed it, I believe, empowered not only Russia but China to fast-motion land grabs. China will take Taiwan next, just watch. I expected, frankly, the US to do something militarily in Ukraine because it is so close to NATO allies, but when China takes Taiwan, I suspect we do absolutely nothing.

Also, I don't know if they expected a pandemic but they knew, based on how we reacted to it, it would wear the Western world down. They certainly knew that once the US finally got out of Afghanistan it'd be a cluster no matter which president did it and the American population (and, in kind, the European population) would be uninterested in more war. Mix pulling out of Afghanistan with 2+ years of pandemic costs/inflation/mental tiredness, and this was the obvious time for Russia to make a move. Russians aren't stupid people -- they're skilled strategists with incredible patience and pay extraordinary attention to Western geopolitics and develop plans for it. As a collective, they are very tough cookies, too.

I don't know what the US should do, but it was obvious to me that the staged waves of sanctions would do nothing. Russia will take what it wants in Ukraine within a month. It will likely install a pro-Russia government and establish a security presence, but otherwise leave. It cannot afford a prolonged war and, just like the US, it isn't good at fighting separatist/terrorist-style wars, which is what a Ukrainian resistance would be. Russia wants its buffer zone from Europe. It's anti-democracy in Western form and it's obvious why, but that country could be a greater superpower than the US and China (potentially combined) if it did join the Western cause. The US is the "Western zenith" economically and militarily. Russia could easily become that at a rapid pace with truthful alliance to the West. It chooses not to because it borders China... and China won't like that one bit.

All in all, I care about what China is doing 10x more than Russia. China has stolen manufacturing with inhumane labor wages, China has stolen technology with a systemic and cultural animosity toward intellectual property rights, China has began spreading its military out into oceans and into neighboring countries. China is the reason North Korea still exists (those poor people). China is the threat. And we have allowed China to gain steam and we have incentivized Russia to partner with China, not the West, and therefore if we do end up in a WWIII with China, I suspect Russia will join China. A combination of Russia and China against the United States, Canada, and whatever Europe can muster will be the end of days.
Here's the deal no one is talking about regarding NATO membership: The Ukraine isn't a member, but NATO seems to be gearing up to defend them, at least with assets. So in some abbreviated way they ARE loosely in the NATO orbit, for some reason, for now. The reasons are debatable. This is a contrarian statement for sure, but the NATO weapons keep a comin. If the Ukraine wasn't an asset of some importance to NATO the arms wouldn't keep being shipped to them.

This detail is not lost on Putin or his commanders.

seen that one before. the problem is that many people see through the " Putin's Russians are Communists and want to conquer the world!" BS.
I think those glasses are changing, at least there is more ambivalence since we now clearly are able to see unprecedented degrees of corruption, deep state antics, propaganda and questionable elections ourselves. Hard to say "Putin - bad" when our own is destroying the once great Republic from within.

Status
Not open for further replies.