• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Is something going on in Ukraine?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You will eat nothing and like it.
1648667631874.jpeg

holy shit Ted Knight was a prophet?

To be clear I am merely hi-lighting the strategy Russia is trying to employ, and has employed in some key locations.

However Russia has made some large strides. But to answer your question - Chernehiv, Sumy, and Zaporzhia are all besieged, as is Kiev to a lesser degree, but once the formentioned territories are done all energy will be set on Kiev probably. Mariupol was the strong hold of Azov, so massive plus for Russia there. Yes Russia has underestimated things greatly, and Ukraine forces have been impressive, but it looks like Russia has figured some things out and is switching tactics.

If you have telegram I recommend Michael De la Brocks channel and live streams, he's one hundred times more accurate and knowledgeable regarding the war in Ukraine then any MSM pundit.

Seem that you can officially add Izyum to that list. Western Reporters speaking with people who are fleeing saying that the Russian completed the encirclement. Russian Media showing reports from towns surrounding it confirming the same. Both sides now agree. Appears that this had occurred either during or shortly before we were discussing this earlier.

The river was a natural barrier. With the west now open to the Russians, I am interested to see how long they hold out or if the Ukrainians can relieve them.

Reactions: Sako man
Russia now wants most of the EU to pay for gas in rubles or else. This is perfectly understable, as sanctions are preventing Russia from using US dollars and euros for all kinds of purchases from the West. As a side effect of these sanctions, Russia may likely stop all major exports to EU, as getting dollars and euros for Russia lost any practical sense. Anyhow, those SH members who reside in Europe, how do you see it and how much you're concerned that EU economy may take a really big hit, causing all kinds of political and social turbalence in EU? I am hearing about this possibity from German, Austrian and Russian sources, but hearing from "experts" is one thing, and getting feedback from SH members residing in EU is another. Please share your thoughts, if you wish...

I have only heard of Russian forces destroying oil production, or siezing nuclear plants. From what I know, and that's limited, Russia has laid off the food supplies.

Separate question for you: There is a lot of talk about grain shortages here, Biden has mentioned it, other leaders have mentioned this. So, knowing this can we not mobilize our own wheat growing capacity quickly? I know there are probably a lot of farmers out in Montana and North/South Dakota that would have the capacity.
IF Russia is going to Russia - (in my opinion)
Russia will take the wheat back to the motherland, before destroying. Remember all the China railroads and industry that were disassembled as the Russians pulled back.
That's $$ sitting in those grain silos.

Last edited:
I have only heard of Russian forces destroying oil production, or siezing nuclear plants. From what I know, and that's limited, Russia has laid off the food supplies.

Separate question for you: There is a lot of talk about grain shortages here, Biden has mentioned it, other leaders have mentioned this. So, knowing this can we not mobilize our own wheat growing capacity quickly? I know there are probably a lot of farmers out in Montana and North/South Dakota that would have the capacity.
There is enough wheat stockpiled in Australia to last the world at least a couple of years

I get it that we are exposed to major information war over Ukraine, but it seems things in virtual space are clouding the reality on the ground.

War is now one month old, by any standard of wartime draft Ukraine should by now have a multi-million strong army with 2-3 week of basic training +300k or so they had under arms for 8 y before the War . Even when it all kicked off Ukraine held a considerable numerical advantage in every sphere , tanks, armors, artilery, except air.

Media war says 200k or so inept Russian troops stretched thin over the long front line with overstretched logistics and 600+k Ukrainians but more likely well over a million with an unlimited supply of arms, that are often more modern than those fielded by Russians, unlimited budget curtesy of US and EU taxpayers, absolutely unrivaled intel capability courtesy of NATO and safe havens to train and equip in Poland, jet Ukrainians are still absolutely unable to maneuver and bring any numbers to bare . For all intents and purposes, they still losing ground on all fronts with taking an occasional village or two in the north while having at minimum 4-5+:1 numerical advantage.

Where are you coming up with this?

Other than the number of humans within its (prewar) borders, Ukraine was overmatched in every capability area since it kicked off. Well, maybe not every area. Ukraine had more, (and better) light ATGMs, and seems to be using night vision better. The flow of weapons from the West in to Ukraine is not actually that much in absolute terms.

This whole thing has strong Winter War vibes. Russia (then USSR) attacking and enemy that they (by all estimates) should have steamrolled, performing badly, and adjusting to figure out what they’re doing.

The risk is (as in the Winter War aftermath) that they are underestimated and a miscalculation occurs. I’d argue that this time Russia’s latent power relative to its competitors is significantly lower, and it’s fundamentals weaker, but there are nuclear weapons on the table this time so it evens out.

That's called a 'caltrop' and has been in use since medieval times.
Granted they are larger....it's still the exact same thing.
Caltrops and tank traps aren't the same thing and don't share the same name.

Caltrop comes from the old English word for heel-trap.

The tank traps are Czech Hedgehogs (Tschechenigel)

Last edited:
So it's made from a completely different material ?
It's a totally different shape ?
There are not alike in what they are supposed to do ?

The only difference is size.
So they are the same, one is just larger than the other (exactly as I posted before).
They are both still caltrops by design, purpose, and execution.

A caltrop (also known as caltrap, galtrop, cheval trap, galthrap, galtrap, calthrop, jackrock or crow's foot) is an area denial weapon made up of two or more sharp nails or spines arranged in such a manner that one of them always points upward from a stable base

emil-norrman-czech-hedgehog.jpg

220px-Caltrop.jpg

never mind the kadyrov nonsense. scroll down to the civilian interviews of how the ukro-nazis were using civilians as human shields and often murdering them.

Reactions: khel

So they are the same, one is just larger than the other (exactly as I posted before).

View attachment 7839641
View attachment 7839642
That’s doesn’t mean a hedgehog is called a caltrop. You don’t call a tank a rifle because they both shoot projectiles. a dog isn’t a cat because they have 4 legs, a tail, and lick their ass.

Also originally yes they were different materials, hedgehogs started as concrete. Caltrops stab feet/hooves hence the name, while hedgehogs lift vehicles trying to go over them.

Do you call Honda civics Lamborghinis because they are both automobiles?calling something the wrong name because it’s similar doesn’t make it correct.

Last edited:
Reactions: babyguppy
Russia now wants most of the EU to pay for gas in rubles or else.
and we are still buying it.

Reactions: khel
That’s doesn’t mean a hedgehog is called a caltrop. You don’t call a tank a rifle because they both shoot projectiles. a dog isn’t a cat because they have 4 legs, a tail, and lick their ass.

Also originally yes they were different materials, hedgehogs started as concrete. Caltrops stab feet/hooves hence the name, while hedgehogs lift vehicles trying to go over them.

Do you call Honda civics Lamborghinis because they are both automobiles?calling something the wrong name because it’s similar doesn’t make it correct.
You really have a difficult time with reality don't you ?
I even posted pics like I would do for a child.
Could you grasp it even then ? Nope.

You pose that a rifle and tank share similarities, yea, kinda, very remotely I'll give you that.
Are they made of the same material, shaped the same, designed for the same purpose only on a different scale ?
Nope.
Same with your Lambo vs. Honda scenario.....apples and oranges.

Try again swifty, your credibility as an adult slips further and further.

View attachment 7839641
View attachment 7839642
While they look alike they are fundamentally different in purpose. The caltrop was/is a small tool designed to injure the feet of horses, men or the tires of vehicles. Hedgehogs are designed as a barrier device. It isn’t small, nor is part of its design to be impaled in the target. About the only things they have in common is that they are always upright and are designed to impede forward movement.

View attachment 7839641
View attachment 7839642
Reread the end of the definition. The hedgehog does not have a point that always points upward. The definition also states sharp points. Hedgehogs aren't sharpened. Also caltrops are sized such that it is approached from above. Hedgehogs are sized so that they are approached from the side. If you had a small enough hedgehog with a shoe on you won't puncture you will have a small platform or will crush it.

For all of those reading this thread and coming in with your msm talking points about the conflict, I'll leave this here for your education. You know who you are.

Good read from a speech in 2014 about what was bound to happen.

"This EU empire, ever seeking to expand, stated its territorial claim on the Ukraine some years ago. Just to make that worse, of course, some NATO members said they too would like the Ukraine to join NATO. We directly encouraged the uprising in the Ukraine that led to the toppling of the president, Yanukovych, and that led, of course, in turn to Vladimir Putin reacting and the moral of the story is if you poke the Russian bear with a stick, don't be surprised when he reacts.

Now, just to continue with that, today we are rushing through an association agreement at undue speed with the Ukraine and as we speak, there are NATO soldiers engaged in military exercises in the Ukraine. Have we taken leave of our senses? Do we actually want to have a war with Putin? Because if we do, we're certainly going about it the right way. "

You pose that a rifle and tank share similarities, yea, kinda, very remotely I'll give you that.
Are they made of the same material, shaped the same, designed for the same purpose only on a different scale ?
Nope.

Here's a little more help with pictures. the pictures are labeled so you can see the difference.
Hedgehog - used for tanks and amphibious landing vehicles
5437678.jpg

These tank traps are also known as Czech Hedgehogs, and their use dates back to the 1930s. Here's how they work​

Caltrops - from roman times
d75ea13e4ee96b0134e5255fb12836c6cd358c1a83dbce2f4488c2f6a894f941_1.jpg

Caltrops were also used to defeat and slow down (force multiplier) infantry. Castles often had these at the bottom of moats.

Last edited:
Can a hedge hog actually stop a modern battle tank? 40-60 ton machine in motion?

I personally think they would be pushed into the ground(dirt/Asphalt) or bend( thick steel reinforced concrete. I’ve personally seen dump trucks jacked up with bottle jacks push the bottle jack through asphalt. And they were static unloaded.

Nope.

It’s actually not difficult for me at all to grasp the fact they aren’t called the same name.

You can’t grasp the fact I’m doing exactly what you are. Similar idea/use but vastly different in the end.

Can a hedge hog actually stop a modern battle tank? 40-60 ton machine in motion?

I personally think they would be pushed into the ground(dirt/Asphalt) or bend( thick steel reinforced concrete. I’ve personally seen dump trucks jacked up with bottle jacks push the bottle jack through asphalt. And they were static unloaded.
Why couldn’t it just be scaled differently it’s steel, use thicker stuff to start off with.

Why couldn’t it just be scaled differently it’s steel, use thicker stuff to start off with.
I hear ya. Just curious if there’s any examples of them actually working against a MBT.

Other vehicles like trucks and light armor I could see it being affective but a main battle tank cruising along at 20 mph. That is a lot of energy.

I hear ya. Just curious if there’s any examples of them actually working against a MBT.

Other vehicles like trucks and light armor I could see it being affective but a main battle tank cruising along at 20 mph. That is a lot of energy.
I think ideally the shape catches the running gear and jams itself in there, but even if it just slowed them down it’s still buying time I guess.

Supposedly, they started as concrete until they started chipping away at them with machine gun fire until they could drive over them. Take that for what it’s worth..

Last edited:
Reactions: GreenGO Juan
I really feel sorry for the hunting dogs that pick these up. Had a beagle in West Texas once. He'd be hot on the trail of a rabbit and get one stuck in his paw, drop down and start picking out with his teeth. Sometimes, I had to help pull them out.
Seems like the purple colored ones hurt the worst. At my family’s place when I was a kid if you fell running you’d have these mofos head to toe lol

Reactions: Longshot231
2nd time they tried to evacuate them. this time Russia let them land then shot them down when they took back off.

Wonder who they are trying to exfil out of Mariupol that would be worth risking so many crews in what seems like a downright suicide mission, so far 3 helos down in 2 days trying to get someone out of Mariupol.

Last edited:
Reactions: Emerson0311
I believe these are worse. 'Jumping' cactus; aka cholla... nasty stuff. Cholla makes the great outdoors freaking dangerous. The worst is the TINY needles that 'jump' into your skin when you get close.

373609812_2b920f34e2_b.jpg
Oh hell, I HATE that shit.

I believe these are worse. 'Jumping' cactus; aka cholla... nasty stuff. Cholla makes the great outdoors freaking dangerous. The worst are the TINY needles that 'jump' into your skin when you get close.

373609812_2b920f34e2_b.jpg
Definitely, just don’t have experience with them. We mostly have prickly pear.

For some insight check out Patrick Lancasters videos on youtube....pretty much unedited stuff..

Oh for fucks sake are you really so retarded?? This antitank obstacles are linked via thick metal wire or chain and always placed in a group with mines and if tank goes through the idea is that maybe just maybe a part of the steel gets stuck in a track and damages it, takes it off and makes a tank sitting duck. Its more of a show pauser than show stopper....

Status
Not open for further replies.