• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Night Vision Is the Armasight CO-Mini the poor man’s UNS-SR?

mikefraz

Private
Minuteman
Dec 24, 2013
Looking for night vision clip on options for my suppressed 300 BLK rifle and love the idea of getting a UNS-SR, but don’t love the idea of paying $8k+ for one. While searching for alternatives, I stumbled across the Armasight CO-Mini. It has a bunch of different tube grade options, which I’d go with either the 2000+ FOM or the 2376+ FOM Elbit WP options. I’d be using it with 3x magnification the vast majority of the time.

Does anyone have any experience with the CO-Mini that can give their opinion? Are there other shorter range clip ons that fall in the $5k or less price range that are worth looking at?

Last edited:
Almost everyone in this space has since moved onto thermals. Especially for hunting.

The NV style clip ons are expensive and mostly used for the niche task of target shooting at longer ranges these days. Its very hard to pick out steel on thermals since it usually cools to room temp.

The Bering Yoter-C is very good in this space.

While I don't have the mini I fo have the CO-X that I bought from a vendor here about 10 years ago. This clip on is outstanding for the money. Mine is a Gen 2+ photonis and it's performance is on par with US Omni VII tubes.

I've used mine out to 500 yards at 8x in a rural environment on a partially overcast night without illumination. I was stretching it on that particular night, I should've backed down to 5-6x. I believe the CO-X has a much larger objective then the mini and I would bet it has better performance.

I paid around $2200 for mine, I see the same spec or higher pop up for sale here from time to time $1500 on up.

Reactions: mikefraz
Thank you for sharing your experience. It seems like no one is buying the Gen 3 versions of these.