• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Is the AX Chassis for 700 SA cut out at magwell?

JayMazee

Student
Minuteman
Oct 13, 2010
Rocky Mountains
I've seen the magazine cut out on the AX chassis so the magazine can be put in at an angle, but can't for the life of me determine if that's in the short action, long action, or just the AX rifle.

Left side, right side?

Anyone?

Re: Is the AX Chassis for 700 SA cut out at magwell?

My short action chassis is cut out on the left side. I would assume they are all the same?

Cool, thanks. It's actually sort of tough finding photos of them on the left side.

As an aside note, how do you guys like yours? It seems to me to be about the same weight as the AICS but more features and better ergos.

Having owned both a LA AICS 1.5 and a SA AX 2.0, I greatly prefer the AX. You can find just the right position on the pistol grip for your firing hand, the magwell cutout is really handy with the longer 10 round magazines, and it's really nice to be able to move picatinney rail fragments pretty much where you need them (the AX rails are very well designed and super easy to move without having to dismount the barrel shroud).

I didnt like the AICS. Couldn't get used to the thumb hole style stock. Just personal preference. However, I could not be mote pleased with my Ax. A lot of thought went into the design and it shows. Has the ability to allow the.shooter to set it up in countless configurations and very comfortable. The.only ling I don't like.is the width of the.cheek piece. It is too wide for me and u find myself having to can't my head slightly to get a good sight picture. Other than that, its the best set up I've ever used and could not be happier.

Welll.... That settles it. I'll be getting an AX chassis then. ... oh snap... well, after new ipad I guess.

Hi HogsLife
"The.only ling I don't like.is the width of the.cheek piece."

If you remove the cheek piece from the chassis and look at it's underside you will see it has two screws.
If you loosen these screws you can adjust the the cheek piece from side to side, this may help you to get the correct position for your cheek.