• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Is the Badger M5 the only 338 game in town???

Goin'Hot

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 14, 2008
Central, Ohio
After running the search function more than once, I gather that Badger M5 is the only game in town for running the AICS 338 mags.

Am I missing something?

If thats it, who here on the hide is the recommended provider of said bottom metal?

Thanks

Re: Is the Badger M5 the only 338 game in town???

I've ordered some stock packs from that fellow
grin.gif

So does that confirm the Badger 338 deal?

I just went to Badger today and stocked up. They were out of the standard 338LM M5 kits. BUT, they did have the just released 338CIP version in stock. Everything has been updated on the Triad site with the link above.

Can I run the CIP system without milling the action or will I need to find the original? Gonna be building a 300 Norma so the additional length for this project is not needed.

I will have to refer you to Badger for gunsmithing questions. Im not a gunsmith, even when I stay in a Holiday Inn.

Also try www.accurate-mag.com they have three diffrent mag box lengths for diffrent actions:
3.715 MK13 length or REM LA for 338LM
3.775 MK13 length or Rem LA @ MAX Intercept for 338CIP
3.850 MK13 Length or Custom Action for 338CIP & Wildcat
Also the new wider DSSF for 300WM & 338CIP in 3.850
If they do not make it, you dont need it.

boottrac,

Aren't you Vinny, owner of Accurate-Mag/BML Tool?

It confuses us when you talk about your company in third person
crazy.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Goin'Hot</div><div class="ubbcode-body">After running the search function more than once, I gather that Badger M5 is the only game in town for running the AICS 338 mags.</div></div>

Have you checked with Surgeon?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: boottrac</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Also try www.accurate-mag.com they have three diffrent mag box lengths for diffrent actions:
3.715 MK13 length or REM LA for 338LM
3.775 MK13 length or Rem LA @ MAX Intercept for 338CIP
3.850 MK13 Length or Custom Action for 338CIP & Wildcat
Also the new wider DSSF for 300WM & 338CIP in 3.850
If they do not make it, you dont need it. </div></div>

Maybe Vinny doesn't want to pay to be a site sponsor...

-David
Edgewood, NM

I'd rather stick with AICS mags. They're solid.

I don't have a stock yet, that's part of my search. I need to know what inlet to tell them.

I like the looks of the Sentinel and the lo-pro bipod mount but, the butt hook seems to be a little further in the rear than I like. I have a B&C A5 clone with a butt hook in the far rear and I had to mod the stock to bring it furter forward.

I like the location of the hook on the A5 McMillan that I have. Also thought about a Manners. I have a T5-A that i'm happy with as well.

Anyone know about the CIP system? If I buy one, do I NEED to have the action opened up?

Thanks

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: CDiPrecision</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> I.got.it all and.better service and prices .. </div></div>

I'll try pm since email didn't work for ya.