• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Is the Leupold custom shop just closed forever or something?

TheGerman

Oberleutnant
Minuteman
  • Jan 25, 2010
    the Westside
    They've been closed since basically the end of 2019 from what I can tell.

Was considering a reticle change instead of selling an entire optic and well, they're still closed.

Have emailed twice and no reply either time. Not sure if this is God's way of telling me to just buy another Nightforce or if the custom shop people at Leupold just dont give a shit about re-opening it.

Was considering a reticle change instead of selling an entire optic and well, they're still closed.

Have emailed twice and no reply either time. Not sure if this is God's way of telling me to just buy another Nightforce or if the custom shop people at Leupold just dont give a shit about re-opening it.

I think it is.

and I think you hit the nail on the head there.

Reactions: ilikebmxbikes
    I thought I read something about a new shop. Not sure. Maybe the current situation has delayed reopening.

1587598213413.png

Maybe their spam filter thinks you're a poor......:ROFLMAO:

Another Nightforce?
    What’s with this poors shit?

38D4CA83-D58E-46C1-A2B4-7C89AE5BDEF1.gif

They were retooling.

Depending on the scale that may mean new conduit and power drops, new panels/service, new concrete, walls, etc.

I'd call regular cs and ask them if they have a time frame.

I think that Leupold is just over whelmed at this time. Their president CEO Bruce Pettet just sent a message out thanking their customers and explaning some of what they are going through. I see the same thing happening with Geissel. I cannot get phone call or email from Geissel for the last few months. Everything seems to be out of stock. We just have to be patient for good products.
    We embrace our duty as a true American manufacturer to support our country, our troops, and our neighbors. But none of what we do every day would be possible without your relentless spirit and support.

So here's a message just for you from Leupold CEO Bruce Pettet.​
    YOUR QUESTIONS ANSWERED.
    LISTEN TO THE Q&A PODCAST.​
    Last week we asked you to submit your questions for our upcoming podcast, "Embracing The American Spirit". We received hundreds of great questions about our manufacturing process, how we are addressing the current crisis, and what new products are on the horizon.

Available wherever you get your podcasts.

CUSTOMER SUPPORT

SCOPE FINDER | FAQ | MOUNT FINDER

Just a S.W.A.G. on my part, but maybe Leupold is reconsidering the whole custom shop thing. Vortex seems to just fine saying "nope" to requests for a custom shop. I was hoping Vortex would do the custom thing, but maybe they're having an influence.

Had a scope worked on back in October 2019 and spoke to them again in January about another one, at that time they said it will open again after retool and some re-organization. I think you can sign up on the custom shop sight to get updates.

I think that Leupold is just over whelmed at this time. Their president CEO Bruce Pettet just sent a message out thanking their customers and explaning some of what they are going through. I see the same thing happening with Geissel. I cannot get phone call or email from Geissel for the last few months. Everything seems to be out of stock. We just have to be patient for good products.

Geissel? If you mean Geissele it’s because they’re still working on putting together that email Bill promised right after 2018 shot show on their bendy rails.