• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

IS THE PRIMER SCARE ENDING??

oldgrayone

Sergeant
Minuteman
Sep 28, 2008
South East Georgia
It seems like primers are starting to hit the shelves again in small batches. They are still selling as fast as they show up but at least they are out there now. In the last 2 weeks Bruno's, Midway twice and Sinclair has had some. They have been different brands such as Winchester, Remington and S&B so this may be a sign of inventories are building. Wolf is also expecting a large order in June so maybe we are seeing the light at the end of the tunnel finaly.

Re: IS THE PRIMER SCARE ENDING??

I saw the S&B at Sinclairs last night. Both small and large rifle primers.

Lets hope you are correct. On a related note it is encouraging that you can now find Pmags for pre-freakout prices without too much trouble.

I don't know......seems like our local stores are still getting drawn down......

there are small amounts of some primers in some brands but obvious gaps seem to be more apparent and generally less stuff on the shelves. Could be just that the store is hiding stuff out back and only showing a bit on the shelf in an effort to limit buyouts.

Pistol primers seem to be fine. Magnum LR and small rifle seem to be around. Match anything is scarce.

Small and Large Pistol primers have both shown up in the last week or so at Cabelas locally for 33 bucks a 1000 which is a lot better than the 6 dollars a 100 the local reloading shop is charging provided you buy powder from them and then the number of primers you can buy is based on how much powder you buy .

185 bucks for 8 pounds of powder and 6 dollars a 100 for primers as well as the price of brass and bullets doubling in the last year or so almost makes loaded ammo seem like a bargain .

The prices here in California, bay area for primers is still going at 60 to 70 dollars per thousand. None of the local shops have any printers except for shotgun. I still cannot find 22lr bulk packs for less than 30 dollars a piece. The local gun shops here go to walmart every morning, buy most of the ammo they put out and then mark it up and re sell it in their stores. It is crazy here still. If the rest of the u.s. is slowing down we should also slow down in a couple more months.

I found both small and large pistol primers at the Bass Pro in Mytle Beach last weekend. They were $2.99 per hundred. Picked up a thousand of each. The Gander Mountain in Grand Rapids, MI had some large rifle primers but not pistol primers on Wednesday. They are starting to show a little more.

As a side note, the Gander Mountain in Grand Rapids has a 50 cal BMG single shot for $1,800. It is built by a local gunsmith and the barrel and action looks pretty good. The stock is so-so at best. But for $1,800,??????????

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I found both small and large pistol primers at the Bass Pro in Mytle Beach last weekend. They were $2.99 per hundred. Picked up a thousand of each. The Gander Mountain in Grand Rapids, MI had some large rifle primers but not pistol primers on Wednesday.</div></div>

Long drive for primers.
smile.gif

Where is that Bass Pro. I don't remember one when I was last there.

Small pistol primers are scarce as hen's teeth in my neck of the woods.

Lets Hope so, heard from a guy, who heard from a guy that said the CCI is almost up to par and should be good to go as far as "Normal Shipping" in the Middle of July... Perhaps all the Gun Broker primers will drop as well...

Something better give... I was just telling a buddy the other day, that if that madness didn't stop soon, I was gonna lock down the safe and wait it out.

the problem is that if you find them your paying the shipping and hazamat fees that add $40.00 to an order quickly
I know that its been said only take 1000 at a time but that would cost you $70.00 a / 1000

5k makes it more resonable.
Bill

I agree with Bill I try to order in lots of 5k minimum but usually 10k.I dont have a store within 20 miles.I do the same with powder 15-20lbs at a time.It's the only way to offset the high fees.