• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Is the PST 4-16 glass really that bad?

I use my 4-16X50 SFP on my remington 700 AAC SD. Glass is clear can see hits at 300 yards. Only compare it to several Burris scopes. Tracks well and one of the best warranties in the business. I would buy again.

I posted this in my initial review on the FFP 4-16 pst comparing it at 8x, 10x and max against a NF 3.5-15x50 and a pre Mk-4 (vari-x III long range) 3.5-10x40. IMO it’s a good scope, my scope does have some CA (Chromatic aberration), but that has not kept me from smacking any targets.
Vortex2.jpg

Well, the Bushnell 3-12x44 Elite with eh G2DMR reticle just showed up at my office. I have to admit looking out the window the glass is pretty good. I will have to get it mounted up and see how it stacks up.

Where the heck did my post count go?!?

I am happy to report that My PST will be home on Friday. I ordered the "Demo" for $769.00 from Optics Planet on the 12th and used the Fathers Day promo code. The next day, I received an email stating that the "Demo" would not be availiable for 3-4 weeks, BUT If I was willing to upgrade to a new unit, they would knock off $100.00 making the sale price $799.00. They re-applied the promo code and BAM! $719.00 shipped. I think I will deal with the marginal reviews for that price. I will report to its clarity this weekend.

Dang, I had high hopes for the PST 6-24 sfp. Have to go look at those Weavers now.?.?.edit...Weaver doesnt support us MOA reticle guys :)

p.s. that promo code "104DADS" is still valid at Optics Planet as of 6/18/13 10pm.....but check availability....some items are 5-7 weeks out.

Tall

Last edited:
Holy cow! That is a sick deal!

I am happy to report that My PST will be home on Friday. I ordered the "Demo" for $769.00 from Optics Planet on the 12th and used the Fathers Day promo code. The next day, I received an email stating that the "Demo" would not be availiable for 3-4 weeks, BUT If I was willing to upgrade to a new unit, they would knock off $100.00 making the sale price $799.00. They re-applied the promo code and BAM! $719.00 shipped. I think I will deal with the marginal reviews for that price. I will report to its clarity this weekend.

While it doesn't resolve as well as my Sightron SIII's or a NF or higher quality scope, it doesn't do too bad for what I paid. Load work up from the other week with my 7mm sendero, vortex PST 4-16x50. 1 sighter and 2 of 5 three shot groups. This is supposedly the worst of the bunch, being that it is an early model and the 4-16 SFP. I was able to resolve down to the smallest dot on my target at 100yds in 90 degree weather with a nice mirage going. I've used this same scope beyond 900yards and anywhere in between with no issues.

null-1.jpg

I've also used a buddies new 4-16 SFP and had no issues holding .5moa 5 shot groups with his rifle. The glass isn't as good as a NF, but it's almost 1k cheaper and works well enough for most people's intended use.

Last edited: