• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

is there a 4-16 scope that is comparable to the Strike Eagle?

Squad51

Private
Minuteman
May 9, 2020
I am very happy with my Vortex Strike Eagle 5-25. I would like a 4-16 that is similar in quality and price. The Viper PST Gen 2 3-15 is more than I want to spend right now. Any other suggestions?

I can get another Strike Eagle (with veteran discount) but was hoping to get something a little smaller/lighter.

Maybe somebody can fill in but had a hard time figuring out Arken

There is one that is "in stock" (ie, taking backorders 8-12 weeks). Any reviews on this one?

12 weeks is like Early-mid March available for SH-4 version.

Arken is "sold out" of the well regarded EP4 4-16x. Anybody know what is going on with them?

Another 'Hide member was saying he was on backorder for EP-4 since early Dec or late November, with nothing expected until late jan/Feb. This would imply the EP4 gen2 (or whatever) won't be ready until Apil/May/June...etc 🧐 You cannot even backorder these any more...maybe its an update in progress?

Reactions: Squad51
Looks like some decent deals here:

Might be worth a look.

I had that scope a couple years ago for my Budget $1k scope review, it was a piece of junk and I don't say that lightly, the glass was really poor and the turrets were as mushy as oatmeal with too much water, the only thing I liked was the DEV-L reticle and the illumination. Tango6 line is made completely different and are much better scopes I am told.

I am very happy with my Vortex Strike Eagle 5-25. I would like a 4-16 that is similar in quality and price. The Viper PST Gen 2 3-15 is more than I want to spend right now. Any other suggestions?

I can get another Strike Eagle (with veteran discount) but was hoping to get something a little smaller/lighter.

Right now you can find far superior scopes in the approximately $700-$800 range:

The Crimson Trace Series 5/Series 3 and Bushnell DMR II closeouts at Midway are a good example.

Personally, I really like the Sightmark Pinnacle 3-18x44. It's made by LOW in Japan and can be had for $799 directly from Sightmark right now: https://sightmark.com/products/2187/sightmark-pinnacle-3-18x44-tmd-riflescope/ . It reminds me of the Sig Tango 6 3-18x Gen 1. I own two of them and can't believe what they are selling these for. If Vortex were selling these they couldn't keep them in stock. Highly underrated and completely overlooked.

Personally, I really like the Sightmark Pinnacle 3-18x44. It's made by LOW in Japan and can be had for $799 directly from Sightmark right now: https://sightmark.com/products/2187/sightmark-pinnacle-3-18x44-tmd-riflescope/ . It reminds me of the Sig Tango 6 3-18x Gen 1. I own two of them and can't believe what they are selling these for. If Vortex were selling these they couldn't keep them in stock. Highly underrated and completely overlooked.
Whoa, didn't even know that one existed. Wish it was lighter but could be great for those who don't mind the heft. What's strange is their Citadel 3-18x50 is considerably lighter, I'm guessing that is their Chinese line.

I'm guessing that is their Chinese line.

I believe that is the case and the Latitude series is the Philippines line. I don't have any of their scopes outside of the Pinnacle line, but I've been very pleased with the 3-18x and the 5-30x. My two 3-18x's are on 18" and 20" Grendel ARs. I have one 5-30x on a 6mm ARC gasser and another is on its way and destined for a 20" Grendel bolt gun. I also just bought the 1-6x TMD and I'm not sure I'm keeping it. Build quality is excellent but the FOV is narrow at 1x compared to more recent designs.

Last edited:
Thank you all for the input. These look like some good options. Now I have to fight my urge to go too cheap; buy once cry once.

Burris makes a 3-15×50 called the RT15. Its 13" and 22ozs. Small and light.

I've had it alongside the Strike Eagle. The glass is better in the Burris. It has locking windage and elevation turrets, the Mil SCR2 grid reticle and 25yd parallax. They can be had in the mid $500 price range.

Burris makes a 3-15×50 called the RT15. Its 13" and 22ozs. Small and light.

I've had it alongside the Strike Eagle. The glass is better in the Burris. It has locking windage and elevation turrets, the Mil SCR2 grid reticle and 25yd parallax. They can be had in the mid $500 price range.

I always thought that was SFP, but I just saw FFP!! Nice, but no illumination :( We need to "illuminate" someone at Burris so they see the "light" (pun intended - hey, I'm a dad) :p I am guessing this is Burris' Chinese line like the Strike Eagle?

• Haha
Reactions: Birddog6424
I always thought that was SFP, but I just saw FFP!! Nice, but no illumination :( We need to "illuminate" someone at Burris so they see the "light" (pun intended - hey, I'm a dad) :p I am guessing this is Burris' Chinese line like the Strike Eagle?

They are marketing these as an entry level competition scope. So they decided against illumination. They clearly aren't going after the crossover crowd. I think they feel like they have bunches of hunting scopes available.

Yes, these are out of China. There's quickly becoming a very big market of these scopes, between Athlon, Arken, Vortex, and now Burris. And I'm sure there are a bunch more.

They're a good gig though. Good features, pretty decent glass. I just got an RT25 to play with. The SCR2 reticle matches my XTR3, so I'm going to drop it on my 223 Ackley trainer.

Reactions: Glassaholic