• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Is there a favored magnifier?

Forget everything else, the g33 is the only magnifier. There is no other, if you dont have the money save until you do.

G33 or G45 are going to be the most popular. Unity announced their own 4x, but it’s not shipping yet.

Forget everything else, the g33 is the only magnifier. There is no other, if you dont have the money save until you do.
Why? Are it's specs different? Is it actually different than the same 1 or 2 magnifiers that all the big companies use? Or do you like it because it says EO tech on it?

Honest questions here, genuinely curious.

Trijicon micro 3x for me. It’s not made in America which sucks but to me it has better FOV and eyebox than the G33, Vortex micro 3x, or other options and pretty good clarity, while still fitting well on a Unity Omni FTC mount.

I've not found a lot to differentiate the various offerings from the US-made/mil-contract manufacturers. (Eotech, Aimpoint, Vortex, Sig, Trijicon), Primary arms is quickly catching up to that category, if not in it already, I'll only knock them down a tiny peg for not being US made, but the Filipino glass they use is quite good.

The most interesting one to me from a curiosity standpoint was the Primary Arms ones that had a ranging ladder in the magnifier, but unfortunately that ranging ladder is upside down on most newer high mounts that flip down instead of outwards. perhaps something that @Primary Arms may want to address in a newer model for those mount types

The other big factor is eyebox, with it being less about manufacturer and more about if the design is a compact vs full length design, with the full length types being considerably more forgiving. Personally I prefer the more forgiving nature of the full-length options even if they're a little bigger.