• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Is there a mount that meets these requirements?

JRM83

Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 4, 2011
NoVA
I have been thinking about how I want my rifles and optics set up and have decided I want to run a Vortex 2.5-10x32 and 6-24x50 between 3 rifles. I have a POF P415, POF P308, and an SSG 3000. Because of the high rail on the two POFs I need a mount that is lower than the standard 1.45+ on most one-piece QD mounts because they just make the cheek weld way too high. I currently have a pair of Seekins 1.25" rings on the 6-24 PST that is the perfect height to fit the objective bell of the scope into the area without the top rail on the POF. These rings also work well enough on the Sig not to complain about. I would prefer to use a QD mount instead of rings to make it easier to switch the optics between rifles. So my question is: Is there a QD mount that returns to zero reasonably well, holds zero, has a height close to 1.25" from the rail to centerline, 30mm, and won't take much/any fiddling to adjust the tension on the mount to fit all 3 rails?

Also, if my math is correct, a 32mm objective bells requires 9mm (.355") less clearance on the bottom than a 50mm (18mm difference halved). So if 1.25" height mount fits a 50mm PST perfectly on the POF, then a 0.90" height mount is ideal for the 32mm PST? Is there a mount with the above requirements with a height near 0.90"?

Thanks for any help you folks can provide.

American Defense Mounts AD Recon-SL 1.10" high American Defense MFG, LLC | Browse | Scope Mounts | AD-RECON-SL Scope Mount

GG&G Accucam QD Base w/30mm Rings 1.060" High http://www.gggaz.com/accucam-quick-detach-base-with-integral-30mm-rings-for-bolt-guns.html

ARMS #22 Throw Lever Low Rings 0.925" high A.R.M.S., Inc.[hsh]22%20L

LaRue Tactical 30mm QD Rings LT123 1.28" high LaRue Tactical 30mm 2 Piece QD LT123 | LaRue Tactical

That's all I can think of off hand in the QR world that means your requirements. I know 2 of them are QR rings and not one piece bases, but your height and QR requirement limit the pool of candidates.

May be others....but this is the best I can do.

Last edited:
American Defense Mounts AD Recon-SL 1.10" high American Defense MFG, LLC | Browse | Scope Mounts | AD-RECON-SL Scope Mount

ARMS #22 Throw Lever Low Rings 0.925" high A.R.M.S., Inc.[hsh]22%20L

LaRue Tactical 30mm QD Rings LT123 1.28" high LaRue Tactical 30mm 2 Piece QD LT123 | LaRue Tactical

That's all I can think of off hand in the QR world that means your requirements. I know 2 of them are QR rings and not one piece bases, but your height and QR requirement limit the pool of candidates.

May be others....but this is the best I can do.

Thanks for the input. I must have missed the ADM mount when I was looking through their site, that would work well for the 2.5-10. I will have to measure my PST when I get home. I have a little bit of clearance left, but I am not sure there is .15" of it.

Why not just spend a little more for a third scope and not have to deal with the clusterfuck called musical scopes? It's not like you're buying $3k scopes that break the bank, or you have 5 rifles and one scope. You're only short one scope.

If you insist on staying with the musical scope game, standard rings work just as well. They return to zero well and if you use the same rings you can use the same tool. Chances are going from rail to rail you are going to need to make some adjustments to the QD sight anyway. The ADM can be done by hand but the Larue needs a tool that you would have to carry along. I've found that when I have played musical scopes there is plenty of time to swap the even at the range.

Why not just spend a little more for a third scope and not have to deal with the clusterfuck called musical scopes? It's not like you're buying $3k scopes that break the bank, or you have 5 rifles and one scope. You're only short one scope.

If you insist on staying with the musical scope game, standard rings work just as well. They return to zero well and if you use the same rings you can use the same tool. Chances are going from rail to rail you are going to need to make some adjustments to the QD sight anyway. The ADM can be done by hand but the Larue needs a tool that you would have to carry along. I've found that when I have played musical scopes there is plenty of time to swap the even at the range.

A couple reasons why I want to do this. Its not about having 1 scope that goes to 1 rifle. It is about having optics that fulfill different roles at hand easily and quickly. Doing a load workup and want max magnification - stick on the 6-24 and go shoot. Shooting steel for fun or going hunting - toss on the 2.5-10. Also, I do have other rifles that I wouldn't mind being able to swap an optic on to if I needed for some reason. I could buy a third optic, but I'm not convinced it would add enough utility to justify its cost. When I hit the range I don't generally bring a trunk full of guns with me, it is just the rifle I came to practice on and a second to shoot while waiting for the barrel to cool or to work on a different skill set. I have thought about it a fair amount, and it seems like two optics will accomplish what I want. I don't have a problem using rings to accomplish this, but if there is a qd mount out there that meets my requirements it would make things a bit easier.