• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Is there a simple effective strategy for mounting a magneto speed?

tmpugliese

Private
Minuteman
May 20, 2013
Hope everyone is doing well, all things considered. I find myself struggling every time I go to the range with my magneto speed. I shoot a custom bolt 6.5 CM with at TB ultra 9 (with cover). It's kind of a pain to get my strap on my magneto speed set right with the silicone wrap shield and proper alignment and then I usually don't even try to use the strap clamp. I just get it adjusted to where I can spin on or off the little wheel knob to secure it or remove the whole contraption from my muzzle end. And if I need to mount this on a buddy's rifle or another rifle of mind at the range.....well shit......now I'm back to fumbling with little plastic spacers, trying to get the coarse adjustment on the strap right, etc. Ideally, someone has come up with a simple, more effective strategy, that can be employed either only using the parts provided with the magneto speed kit, or with some common easy to find parts, that would make life easier. Bottom line is, every time I go to the range and need to get velocity data, it just feels like I doing it wrong. Any suggestions?

Can you mount a spigot on it?
MPA-RAT-Magnetospeed-a.jpg

MPA-Magnetospeed-Setup.jpg

This has made my life a hell of a lot easier...

See attached photo. My pic rail for attaching my bipod is long enough that I think I can mount my bipod and the extension you sent a photo of. But I think I will need to remove my suppressor because it makes the distance too long.

Attachments

• IMG_5252.jpg
    IMG_5252.jpg
    580.3 KB · Views: 41