• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Is there a tool for ????

o2bwest

Banhammer
Banned !
Minuteman
Oct 18, 2018
Is there a tool made to remove or change the hammer spring easier?? I know the old strut in the vise, use a fork deal. But I thought I'd heard about someone making one sometime ago. It had a base, a small tube you put the strut in,it had a lever that you pushed down on. It compressed the spring,pulled pin out, let up on the lever, changed spring and reversed procedure . It was homemade, not a production item, but it was so neat.
Thanks,

like this?

Since you didn't provide a make and model for the rifle, can we assume you mean a Remington 700 or similar clone?

In which case, a really easy way I've found to break down the Remington 700 firing pin assembly is with a spacer that's 3/4" OAL X 3/8" OD with a 3/16" hole in it, easy to fabricate from nylon spacers at the hardware store. Remove the firing pin assembly from the bolt body using a shoe lace or the edge of a bench and then drop this spacer down inside the bolt body. Reinsert the firing pin assembly and screw it in until the firing pin cross pin is exposed and can be removed. Unscrew the bolt shroud carefully and remove the component pieces from the bolt body. Reassembly is a reverse of that process and the tool costs about $2 give or take.

Reactions: ShtrRdy