• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes is there any difference: Burris XTR ii 1-8 or 1.5-8

longshot2000

Sniper's Hide Dealer: CHARLIE'S
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
  • Feb 19, 2017
    Northern VA
    charliescustomclones.com
    I like the 1.5-8, and it has a beefy 28mm tube and is a little longer and easier to mount. Reticles are similar, but the 1-8x24mm has the no mag 1.0. Is there really any difference? The 1-8x sells for quite a bit more than the 1.5-8x. Many have said they like the Burris over the Trijicon Accupower 1-8x.

I had the 1.5-8 on a SPR for a bit and really liked it. The x1.5 initially is noticeable compared to a MRDS, I had a Docter, but x1.5 is totally usable. Once you spend some time behind the scope it really becomes unnoticeable. I was not crazy about the size, for a x8 power scope it was extremely long. The turrets and reticle were great. Illumination in the dual focal plane was good when it worked. Burris CS is good but expect at least a 2 week turn around. If I hadn't gone all "clone correct" it would still be on the MK12 as opposed to the NXS 2.5-10x24

I had the 1.5-8 on a SPR for a bit and really liked it. The x1.5 initially is noticeable... but x1.5 is totally usable. Once you spend some time behind the scope it really becomes unnoticeable.

Good commentary. To be clear, I have and use and like the Burris 1.5-8x. My question is really about how different this scope is from the 1-8x, and part of the reason I ask is that the street price on the 1-8x is significantly higher. I am trying to figure out why the price difference, and what might be making that cost go up (if at all).

My understanding is getting to absolute 1x costs quite a bit which is why a lot of 1-_ scopes are actually 1.1 or 1.2x on the low end. That's likely what your paying extra for but as the previous poster stated, with time its not terrible.

The 1-8 is made by LOW in Japan. The 1.5-8 is made in the Philippines.

I ran the latter for a couple years in 3 Gun and really liked it. I switched a couple of them over to the 1-8 and do like it a little better. The true 1x is nice and a LOVE the capped turrets.. I still have a 1.5-8. I like it a little better as a DMR type of scope, and I think Burris is headed that direction with it. But it's still a great AR15 scope.