• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Is there any training or matches in S.Oregon or anywhere near?

Yeah it sucks if it’s true cuz I only live 3 hours south and really wanted to go lol

If you think that's far then just stop shooting now. Most of us drive 3-6 hours to shoot matches.

Phil and Caylen do a bunch of classes in Yakima each year.
Yes bend is 5 hours …I was spoiled when I was in Texas where we had at least 2 matches a month between 30 min to 1.5 hrs away. Spending time with my family is more important than spending time driving, plenty of public land out west to shoot👍Yakima is a little over 7

Last edited:
Yes bend is 5 hours …I was spoiled when I was in Texas where we had at least 2 matches a month between 30 min to 1.5 hrs away. Spending time with my family is more important than spending time driving, plenty of public land out west to shoot👍Yakima is a little over 7
There is a guy we shoot with who lives in Kalamath falls and drives to all the matches up north. You are kind of in a dead area for matches. I think the northern most CA stuff is near Monterey and the southern most match I know of is Cossa which will have their first PRS match next month. There are a bunch of PRS, RTC and NRL hunter 2 day matches over the next few months in WA/ID.

Reactions: Sniperwannabee
There is a guy we shoot with who lives in Kalamath falls and drives to all the matches up north. You are kind of in a dead area for matches. I think the northern most CA stuff is near Monterey and the southern most match I know of is Cossa which will have their first PRS match next month. There are a bunch of PRS, RTC and NRL hunter 2 day matches over the next few months in WA/ID.
I need to find out who that guy is cause i live in Medford and we could just car pool 😂

COSSA is awesome. If you've got a trailer or motorhome, bring it out on the last weekend of the month (Fri-Sun) and camp with others at the Great Basin Precision Shooters range there for the Friday-Saturday long-range matches, and the Sunday Gas-Gun match. It's great fun, and a lot of guys go over the hill on Thursday and camp at the range. Check the Calendar and Disciplines pages on the web site for details.

Reactions: earthtrekker1775
I was stationed at the AIr Sta there about 10yrs ago... I also worked for JGS, the reamer makers part time while out there. There are a fair amount of people that set plates and shoot in the hills, or there use to be at least.

Reactions: Sniperwannabee
BLM shooting in Oregon is fine for pistols and rifle-plinking, but not much good for long-range precision shooting practice or match-level work. In the past I've shot about a gazillion rounds on BLM land around Bend, but now I almost exclusively make the short trek to COSSA and either work groups at the sight-in range, shoot matches on the Buffalo range, or work on my distances on the Gong range. There are about 20 pistol ranges too, but I spend 95% of my time now on load development and distance practice/matches. Not sure what the ranges are like on the other side of the Cascades ... I just know that a lot of shooters from there drive over the hill to camp and shoot at COSSA.

I need to find out who that guy is cause i live in Medford and we could just car pool 😂
Wally is actually very close to finalizing a new job that will allow him to move to Ontario. He's pretty happy about that as that puts him 20 minutes from Parma.

I'm the NW Regional Director this year for the PRS. Hop on our Facebook page and you'll see a lot of match information. The Regional Championship for centerfire and rimfire will be in the Tri Cities area this year, with monthly matches there as well.

Reach out to me if you need some help running down a match.

Reactions: rustyinbend
Wally is actually very close to finalizing a new job that will allow him to move to Ontario. He's pretty happy about that as that puts him 20 minutes from Parma.

I'm the NW Regional Director this year for the PRS. Hop on our Facebook page and you'll see a lot of match information. The Regional Championship for centerfire and rimfire will be in the Tri Cities area this year, with monthly matches there as well.

Okay cool I’ll do that thanks I got family in Wenatchee

Reactions: Birddog6424

Parma is an awesome range ... I drive there a couple of times a year for their monthly Varmint Silhouette match. It's really fun, and very challenging.

Reactions: Birddog6424