• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Sidearms & Scatterguns Is there anyone here who is an FN pistol expert?

Re: Is there anyone here who is an FN pistol expert?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: King of Battle</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Don't get a 45tactical.. </div></div>

Please tell...I'm wondering if you had a bad experience personally or if your info is more anecdotal in nature.

I'm not trying to pick a fight here (<span style="font-style: italic">really!</span>). Its just that my experience with a FNP45 USG, on which the tactical is based, has been overwhelmingly positive. Reliable, accurate, eats everything I feed it without complaint, great ergos IMHO, especially for such a large pistol, in general just a very "shootable" sidearm.

I certainly wouldn't call myself an FNP expert, that's why no PM, but I am a very happy FNP owner. As with anything in life: YMMV!

OP: I'd suggest you check out the FN Forum. There are sub-forums dedicated to all of the various FN firearms offerings. I did a ton of reading there when researching my purchase 1.5 years ago.

Re: Is there anyone here who is an FN pistol expert?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: King of Battle</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Dont get a 45tactical.. </div></div>

Why? Had another member explain his bad experience with one but it seems only early ones had those issues. Even with his issues he said the gun was very accurate and soft shooting. Granted mine is still new but I have a couple hundreds rounds through it now and have not had any issues.

One issue I have heard that some people have with the FNP-45 Tactical is ejection pattern going straight back into their face. Mine ejects almost straight out to the right and a little back behind me, perfect. Have heard the mags are tight as well, all 5 of mine function just fine and I can get all 15 rounds in. Rounds chamber smoothly and eject nicely, no feeding or extracting problems.

Things I like about it: Feels good in my hand, nice sights, good upgradeability (MRDS slide cutout and threaded barrel), very soft shooting, 15+1 rounds of .45 ACP, I love the controls (safety/decocker) and it looks cool/different.

Dislikes: Kinda big/heavy (not a big deal, just not a concealed carry gun) and the thread protector comes off easily (fixed by using a small o-ring between the protector and the barrel).

Handguns are very much a personal preference thing but I absolutely love my FNP-45 Tactical and don't regret the purchase one bit. Just don't see why people put down a firearm and then don't give a reason.