• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Is there anyway to make a zero stop for a Bushnell

JacobWilliams

Private
Minuteman
Nov 3, 2009
Gainesville, Texas
I have an elite 3200 fixed 10x on my FN is there any way to make a zero stop for it? If there is can someone give me detailed instructions and or maybe some pictures?

thanks in advance,
Raider

Re: Is there anyway to make a zero stop for a Bushnell

I took a piece of PVC pipe and cut/sanded it down and placed it under the turret cap of my Falcon. Turrets look similar on the 3200. I can post pics tonight if you would like.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: cjgemm</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I took a piece of PVC pipe and cut/sanded it down and placed it under the turret cap of my Falcon. Turrets look similar on the 3200. I can post pics tonight if you would like. </div></div>

If you give me the ID and OD of what you need, i will cut you out some plastic spacers in different thicknesses. You can then play with those to get your zero stop.

As long as you understand that some whinny ass companies dont appreciate you using them in your scopes specialy if they have a 200.00 alternative.

Julian

I never would have thought of that as a field expedient zero stop. A great idea and a simple solution!

Yeah some pictures would be nice, I never would have thought of PVC, I might have some small shims or washers that i could stick in there.

308 Newb, thanks for the offer but I dont have a set of calipers to get the diameters you would need.

I used a piece of copper pipe on a Super Sniper.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mscott</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I used a piece of copper pipe on a Super Sniper.

</div></div>

This is what I did, but just with PVC. The Menace inner operation will not allow washers/spacers, so I stop the turret cap on the outside of the tube.

That copper on the outside looks like a good idea if I cant do an internal stop on my 3200.

Thanks,
Raider

Great now you got me thinking of doing the same
confused.gif

I read on another forum that this can cause damage to the internals. But of course the poster had no facts to back up that claim. It looks like it would be ok to me but what do I know...Very little.

Anyone heard the same or had complications with this kind of zero stop fix?

BTW here is the other forum posting.

http://www.longrangehunting.com/forums/f18/leupold-zero-stops-48829/

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: baschu</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Great now you got me thinking of doing the same
confused.gif

I read on another forum that this can cause damage to the internals. But of course the poster had no facts to back up that claim. It looks like it would be ok to me but what do I know...Very little.

</div></div>

Well, If Leupold is providing them there shouldnt be a problem using them... Most of the bitching in the past came from NightForce..... Maybe Leupolds are built tougher
smile.gif

Or the fact that Leupold doesnt offer a 200 dollar alternative.....

If anyone has pics of the ones Leupold provides, I would be interested to see them... Just curiosity.

Julian

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 308 Newb</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: baschu</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Great now you got me thinking of doing the same
confused.gif

</div></div>

Well, If Leupold is providing them there shouldnt be a problem using them... Most of the bitching in the past came from NightForce..... Maybe Leupolds are built tougher
smile.gif

If anyone has pics of the ones Leupold provides, I would be interested to see them... Just curiosity.

Julian </div></div>

Julian, I have your set up. It is great. You crack me up about the NF vs Leupold. Too funny.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 308 Newb</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: baschu</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Great now you got me thinking of doing the same
confused.gif

</div></div>

smile.gif

Julian </div></div>

HAHAHA...Too Funny...But True

+1 on pics of the Leupold provided product.

Does NF use the same method of using plastic shims for their zero stop or the locking mechanism as in the Razor HD video in the link below?

http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1499530&nt=5&page=4