• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Is this a joke?

RTO

Sergeant
Minuteman
I received a supressor on form 3 today for a customer that another local dealer referred to me. The customer said he had purchased a supressor and asked if I would do the transfer for him. The supressor came in today on form 3. I opened the box to log it in and couldn't help but think this was a joke. Keep in mind this is a .22 can. It measures 13" in length and 1.25" in diameter. The tube wall thickness is .052" and seems to be made of a very low grade aluminum. The finish appears to be rattle can of some sort. Threads are sub par at best and I am not 100% sure it even is aligned with bore from just glancing at it.
While logging it in I noticed there was no model number on the supressor. I double checked the form 3 and no model number on the paperwork either. I called to speak with my examiner today and waiting to hear back. As I understand it, all supressors have to have a serial number and a model number. I'm surprised it even cleared the form 3 but I will know more once I hear back from ATF. I thought I would post this so that if anyone is thinking a supressor is just a tube with baffles and it doesnt matter what you buy you may think twice after seeing this. There is a lot of design and quality craftsmanship that needs to go into building a quality supressor. This is truly a testament to you get what you pay for. The first photo is the .22 can that came in today and some Thunder Beast cans I have in inventory. The .22 can that came in today is a QuickSilver Manufacturing shown on the bottom followed by a Thunder Beast 30 P-1, Thunder Beast 22 L-1, and top is a Thunder Beast 22 S-1. The second shows the threads, and the third is showing baffles.
These should provide a good comparison for size.
Before anyone asks about the threads, I do not know the purpose for this supressor if it is a one off or what due to the threads for the barrel being reversed. I am just the middle man here so I have no idea what the purpose or use this is for.

Enjoy...

2jdns6p.jpg
[/img]

2zi0mqc.jpg
[/img]

23r5vf8.jpg
[/img]

Re: Is this a joke?

Model name is not required. On the Form it should have had N/A in the blank though, if not it nots a big deal.

That looks like one of the sad baffle stacks we are recoring from some small manufacturer in TX.

Quicksilver, as in the company that makes all titanium suppressors? The company in southern Idaho?

If I recall correctly, his only .22 suppressor is all titanium, mono core baffles, and costs like 600 bucks. I had him do some threading for me a few months back....I'm curious if we are talking about the same company.

Edit: this guy? His only 22 suppressor right now is 6". http://www.qsmsilencers.com/22%20suppressor%20stats.html

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Maelek</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
155jhpd.jpg

well..its one step above this one </div></div>

That looks like a Mag-lite flash light?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RWSGunsmithing</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Maelek</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
155jhpd.jpg

That looks like a Mag-lite flash light? </div></div>

That's just some post-apocalyptic home-spun shit for face-shooting zombies.

Great show by the way.....

Yes same company, it is stamped QuickSilver Manufacturing QSMS. I havent dealt with them before so I dont know their typical quality but this one definately isn't their best showing.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RTO</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Yes same company, it is stamped QuickSilver Manufacturing QSMS. I havent dealt with them before so I dont know their typical quality but this one definately isn't their best showing. </div></div>

I thought that baffle stack looked familiar. That isn't the prettiest thread job either. Would be interested in seeing what it mates to, looks like an integral like one of the poster above said.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ddd oo7</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I found it! It looks like an integral for a GSG-5.

http://www.qsmsilencers.com/22%20GSG-5%20suppressors.html </div></div>

Looks like thats what it is. It sad that they didn't add some volume to it to make it look like a silencer instead of the shroud.

I have seen .22 cans made from AR15 buffer tubes and they work well. A lot of volume.

I think you are right ddd. I will update with more pics when I get back on Monday. The aluminum tubing was not contoured or turned, it appears to just be rough aluminum tubing from the local farm and home store.

I would think that it is that long to make the barrel length >16", but that would mean that it would have to be permanently attached. For the costs associated with this (dedicated suppressor, stamp and pinning/welding), seems to me that SBR'ing the GSG and using a standard thread on can would be the way to go.

I used to own a GSG and considered SBR'ing it and running a muzzle can on it, but decided that the quality of the platform didn't justify the costs IMO. Different strokes though...

Not even close to 16" without the fake can on it. I have an SBR version around here somewhere. I'll take a photo and post it.

Here you go. I'd say barrel is about 4.75"
photo-2.jpg

But I run it with a 22L-1 on it so it looks like this
photo2.jpg

I guess mine is the K version. I think you are correct that if you remove the fake can the barrel goes all the way through on the MP5 version.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Maelek</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
155jhpd.jpg

He better watch out for the ATF zombies.

I hear maglights really are very quiet as well as reduce felt recoil of a .22, but are still very bright.

155jhpd.jpg

well..its one step above this one</div></div>

Does that come with batteries....?

I have used that can before, my old boss had one on a range/rental gun. Its nothing short of an abomination and should be melted down, poured into ingots, and dumped in the deepest hole you can find.