• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hunting & Fishing Is this a Russian Boar

livetohunt

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 24, 2006
wichita falls tx
Have not seen a pig like this before.

HE2114.jpg

HE2113.jpg

Re: Is this a Russian Boar

That does appear to be a true Russian Boar. Though I have only seen pics of one before. Never actually seen one in person.
B

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: STRICK9</div><div class="ubbcode-body">strong european strain for sure. </div></div>

Agreed....doesn't look full blown Russian to me though.

Ok fellas, obviously some of you are better at telling the breed better than me. Can you help me out and point out what makes it where you can tell European?
B

I think the head is to round for a russian boar, and the snout is not long enought.
How far apart are those steps on that ladder.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: txfireman</div><div class="ubbcode-body">man, i will bet that thing stinks so bad you couldnt pay someone to cut the backstrap out of it!!!</div></div>

...you could pay me..........

it looks like it has some domesticated pig in it. a russian's shoulders are a lot taller than the rear. it looks fairly square. it looks real fat... the russians we have are big but they are leaner than that. his snout looks short as well... might be the extra weight also...its a biggin tho. and i will second the smell. it will taste like a bucket of piss and crap.

There is a lot of wild blood in that one,

hard to say of there is or has been any interbreeding with dom pigs,

still that is tasty tucker and ought to be put down and made in to sausages and steaks.

Best regards Chris

Well if the steps are 14" then he's about 40" tall X 60" long,
thats a big-n.
I will put my money on 482 LB anybody else.

I shot one In Baylor County. I didn't know any different until I went to the processor and talked to the game warden. He said something about the profile, the fact he came in alone and that he smelled like he wallowed in piss piss. I processed the meat into smoked sausage anyway but that didn't help the taste. I ended up tossing it all.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BOLTRIPPER</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: txfireman</div><div class="ubbcode-body">man, i will bet that thing stinks so bad you couldnt pay someone to cut the backstrap out of it!!!</div></div>

...you could pay me.......... </div></div>

I tried one time. Used a shovel. Still couldn't handle it. Remember, drag em to a tree. Otherwise the farmers get pissed off because the ribs will puncture the tractor tires.

Not that it really matters but in Sweden a wild boar looks like this and has 100% pure wild blood.

IM000025-2.jpg

I am gunning for him during the next full moon phase.

Best regards Chris

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: livetohunt</div><div class="ubbcode-body">This one is in Baylor county also right outside of Seymour </div></div>

Interesting....that is where I use to hunt. Ranger Creek Ranch, Randy and Ranell's place. I brought the boar to the processor in Seymour and mounted him at Shumate Taxidermy.

We have a place next to Randy and Ranells north of Vera with alot of pigs but this is right outside of Seymour.I know Greg Shumate well and he does all of my Taxidermy work,he has my sons Aoudad from last year.The processor is Bayco and Jerry Don Barton is the owner.I use to live there before I retired 5 years ago.

Haha...that's it...Bayco, I couldn't remember the name. They do have a sense of humor. I harvested a fairly small deer and they wrote "Bambi" on all the packaging. When I went to pick it up they came to the window to watch
my reaction and teasing from my buddies. I think we may try and get another lease out that way next year. I loved it out there and everyone is great.
I was going to have Shumate do my Idaho black bears but they told me they don't get a lot of bears in, if any so I went local.

Yep hes got a lot in him i'd say but maybe not full.Like the other guy said the shoulders are usually way brauder and taller than the rear,it is here but not as much as a full breed.

well if he tells you this.... &#1089;&#1074;&#1080;&#1085;&#1100;&#1103; &#1088;&#1091;&#1089;&#1089;&#1082;&#1086;&#1075;&#1086; im ...... then yes he is russian. translates to im a russian pig
smile.gif

ok so you cant type russian writing in ubb forum
frown.gif