• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Is this good to fire?

CF_Smith

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 13, 2013
East Coast, Canada
I'm not sure if this is the right spot for this thread, or if there's any that already pose this question. If so, I apologize.

Anyway, I was at the range with some people who just got some SKS's and there was a few that a feed ramp issue (due to the way that the magazine is pinned, which is required here), and long story short the result was a jam where the round would get caught between the bolt and front of the receiver. The guns have been since fixed and the jam is rectified.

However, there were a few rounds that did not get fired, they must have fallen into the range bag and when I got home I noticed that one of the bullets had been pushed into the casing. I think it's safe to conclude that it was from the jam. However, I'm concerned that the round may not be safe to fire, if so, there may have been some that were fired, a little scary to be honest.

So I guess my question is, is this round safe to fire?

That is a lot of set back, I would not fire that.

I would PERSONALLY skip the one pictured in the middle (the one that's set back 1/4")! That said...and again, I wouldn't do it...from an SKS or AK, it'd probably fire just fine and may even find the target. ;)

Disassemble the rounds, dump and burn, baby, burn the powder and cases/primers in a safe manner, and quit worrying.

Last edited:
The setback causes MAJOR pressure spikes. I wouldn't even want to be on the range when someone touched the middle one off.

I wasn't comfortable firing this off due to the set back, I thought that there would be pressure increase that could be dangerous. So I came here for confirmation. Thanks guys, the round has already been disposed.