• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Rifle Scopes Is this NightForce good?

Is this a serious question? I'm going to try and answer it like it is, because I don't want to come off as a dick. If it were me and I bought a 338 I sure as hell would get a lot more mag then 14x. What's the point in owning a 338 if you can't see out far enough to shoot to the rifles potential. I would be looking in the 25-30x range personally.

Further more why is this in the night vision section?

Just my .02

The simple answer is no. I played with one at SHOT, wasn't impressed, might be ok for hunting but the knobs were crap and you wouldn't want to be dialing them often.

In that price range, SWFA 5-20x50 HD non illuminated. Much better value in my opinion and the SWFA likely has a lot more elevation adjustment though I haven't looked for sure.

25X would be nice as stated above, but not absolutely necessary. Mirage often prevents using much above 20X and the further you shoot the bigger targets you shoot. So if you can ring 5" steel at 500 on 20x then you can see 15" steel at 1500, but ringing it will be harder....but that's not the scopes fault :)

Although some other thoughts have already been raised in this thread that deserve consideration, the SHV line is Nightforce's relatively new "value" line of optics. It's probably a little to early to make a subjective call until I purchase one and put it through the paces. Nightforce indicates that they are cheaper due to different manufacturing processes and limited features but adhere to their quality standards. Don't confuse that with the NXS line.

It's more of a hunting scope so if that is what your looking for then yes it would be a great why to go. If your looking to do long range shooting then look at the NF NXS or the ATACR line. There are a lot of great scopes out there and we sale a lot so if we can be of help let me know and we would love to be able to help you.

Mike CSTACTICAL

It's more of a hunting scope so if that is what your looking for then yes it would be a great why to go. If your looking to do long range shooting then look at the NF NXS or the ATACR line. There are a lot of great scopes out there and we sale a lot so if we can be of help let me know and we would love to be able to help you.

Mike CSTACTICAL

Well put. Or even a BEAST

CSTACTICAL put it about the way I would, I don't have a lot of experience shooting long range target (yet) but for those of you saying 14 isn't enough mag for a .338, I was looking at a .375 last year and i was planning on running irons like I do on most of my rifles (rifle was for bear in dense vegetation at 10-100 yards to replace a 45-70). If you're doing large game, (moose, elk, bear) that's perfect for that rifle and you may even find it sitting at 4x most of the time. If you're doing paper and steel: feel free to circle-file my opinion.