• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Is this really what it has come to for S&B?

Everyone says they want a tree reticle, but unless a MD makes you do a no-dial stage nobody uses them. Why? If they were really that beneficial, why are we all still dialing elevation? And if we are dialing for elevation, why put up with all of the distraction and clutter below the aiming point?

I use holdovers on every stage with targets at multiple different distances, because it's faster during the stage than dialing for each and every target. It gives me more time to build a stable shooting position and make a clean shot, rather than worrying about time because I have an extra step between each target. I don't have issues spotting my misses, but that likely has something to do with the fact that where I'm at (Colorado) all the misses are just hitting dry dirt and are pretty easy to see anyways.

Different people have different preferences, but I personally like using holdovers. The majority of people do seem to prefer to dial, however.

What is up with the horrible resale prices on S&B right now?

Now is the time to stock up. I'm seeing scopes going for well below the highest tier stocking dealer pricing. Whatever company that blew them out for low $2000s new definitely lost money on that deal.

One of the reasons I love the SKMR - floating dot, .2 mil wind holds, extremely uncluttered

Just bought a Kahles with a SKMR1 reticle for this very reason, can't really do a reticle with all the stuff blocking my view.

From what I've read it's much easier to see misses here in the dry west than out east, maybe that's why you struggled to see where the misses went??

Totally! Right now I am shooting into frozen dirt at best (which doesn't move) or worse yet into deep snow (shooting in snow is like shooting a self healing target). In the summer it is grass or scrub trees and under growth. Here on the East Coast the best way is to have a spotter and watch trace, otherwise you stand a good chance of not seeing anything. It can be difficult by yourself...

Reactions: steve123
FinnAccuracy lists some S&B's (5x25 PMII and 3-20 US PMII) for sale with the MSR2 but I'm not sure they are available in the states yet...
https://finnaccuracy.com/collections/msr-msr2-rifle-scopes?page=1

- Carl

Also, FinnAccuracy has licensed the MSR2 to S&B for the following models: S&B PMII 5-25x56, 3-27x56, 3-20x50 Ultra Short and 5-20x50 UltraShort

- Carl
About 3 weeks out for the Schmidt’s with MSR2 according to eurooptic, Schmidt Germany is awaiting export approval

Thanks Bill. I can see myself buying another S&B for the MSR2 reticle. They look nice (to me anyways).

- Carl

If (and could be a big if) Zcomp stands the test of time, they are going to take a huge chunk of the $2500-$4k market. Purely on their reticles and overall fit and finish.

I loved the several k525i's that I owned with skmr/skmr3. But my zco blew it away.

Schmidt and Kahles make great products and will always have a following, but if they don't update some things such as their reticles......there won't be a ton of reason not to spend an extra few hundred.

I use holdovers on every stage with targets at multiple different distances, because it's faster during the stage than dialing for each and every target. It gives me more time to build a stable shooting position and make a clean shot, rather than worrying about time because I have an extra step between each target. I don't have issues spotting my misses, but that likely has something to do with the fact that where I'm at (Colorado) all the misses are just hitting dry dirt and are pretty easy to see anyways.

Different people have different preferences, but I personally like using holdovers. The majority of people do seem to prefer to dial, however.

Almost a decade ago, it used to be in the tactical matches I went to that there were hardly any stages requiring holdovers and most of those the steel weren't that far apart from each other(planned that way obviously) so aim bottom of steel, middle, then top for holdovers. Now it can be from 200Y to 1000Y or more. Also it seemed that the time allotments were longer then.

The last match I went to a few weeks ago there were plenty of fast stages with shorter time limits that were hard to get done in time dialing, watching the rest of my squad, I saw most were holding over on those stages. I held over for half the stages but the fixed distance ones I dialed, on a few of them I dialed for the main distance we had to come back to during the stage, and held for the other targets.

Probably what's happening is that the MD's that design the stage layouts and time limits vary quite a bit in their philosophy's throughout the nation. Most guys will dial as much as they can get away with and unless the stages are designed with shorter times forcing holdovers people will dial.

Reactions: MarinePMI
I still believe they're the gold standard.

I'll be switching back from my TT Gen3XR to an S&B 3-27 with MSR2

I still believe they're the gold standard.

I'll be switching back from my TT Gen3XR to an S&B 3-27 with MSR2
I have to say that's the first I've heard of anyone switching away from a TT after trying it out for any reason besides disliking the Gen2XR, but if you don't want to keep your TT lying around I'm certain you can find plenty of interested parties for the Gen3XR.

I have to say that's the first I've heard of anyone switching away from a TT after trying it out for any reason besides disliking the Gen2XR, but if you don't want to keep your TT lying around I'm certain you can find plenty of interested parties for the Gen3XR.

Same. I’m running zco because I prefer the mpct reticles and the 25m parallax.

Otherwise I’d be running TT. Just not a fan of their reticles unfortunately.