• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Is this the best deal on AR10 buffer kits now?

Hydraulic buffer?!?

1698033733172.png

1698033702091.gif

I run the Kynshot in two AR10s and one 20” 556 along with a Tubbs flat wire spring. It’s my go to setup for gassers. It really smooths out the rifle.

Reactions: bfoosh006

Seems like this Aero Precision is a good deal. Well made for a great price. Is it worth going to a hydraulic buffer?
As per the Hydraulic buffer... I would wait and see if your rifle functions well first.
GP sizes seem to be kinda all over the place... so it is hard to tell.

FWIW, if you wanted a heavier 308 rifle buffer weight, Midway seems to be selling the KAK Heavy 308 rifle buffer.
https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1021956833?pid=814615

I can’t find just the buffer tube…

I have a rifle-length AR10 and want to run the below buffer

Any quality AR15 rifle length buffer tube will work. FWIW, I prefer one made from 7075 Alum.

Reactions: Krugermeier
I just looked around, I don’t have anymore ar10 rifle buffers tubes.
I’ve got two carbine AR10 buffers tubes. You might have to throw the spare parts in the drawer, kinda how I ended up with two carbine buffer kits. Lol

Last edited:
I run the Kynshot in two AR10s and one 20” 556 along with a Tubbs flat wire spring. It’s my go to setup for gassers. It really smooths out the rifle.

Any quality AR15 rifle length buffer tube will work. FWIW, I prefer one made from 7075 Alum.
I’m looking at the VLTOR buffer tube but it says it will only work with VLTOR A5 buffers and spring? Is this true cause I wanted to get a tubbs spring and hydraulic buffer

I’m looking at the VLTOR buffer tube but it says it will only work with VLTOR A5 buffers and spring? Is this true cause I wanted to get a tubbs spring and hydraulic buffer
I believe that is the case. KAK has a buffer tube that doesn’t come with buffer or spring, but it’s out of stock on AR15Discounts.com. It could be in stock elsewhere .

I believe that is the case. KAK has a buffer tube that doesn’t come with buffer or spring, but it’s out of stock on AR15Discounts.com. It could be in stock elsewhere .
The VLTOR spring kits are out of stock everywhere, anyway. The kit comes with a spring and buffer. Guess I’ll stick to the original plan of the aero

The RE kit that you linked in the OP is rifle length and is for fixed stocks. The intermediate (A5) length is for collapsible stocks. Maybe you should specify which stock you intend on using.

The RE kit that you linked in the OP is rifle length and is for fixed stocks. The intermediate (A5) length is for collapsible stocks. Maybe you should specify which stock you intend on using.
Magpul PRS Lite

I’m building out an 80 lower I finished perfectly on a CNC machine. For that reason I don’t mind going cheap on parts like a bear creek armory upper.

Magpul PRS Lite
The PRS Lite will will not work with a rifle length RE, like you linked in the OP. It will work with either a intermediate (A5) or carbine length RE. The PRS Gen 3 will work with all three RE lengths. The PRS Lite can be finicky with some brands of REs. The UTG PRO AR-10 #TLU002 is one of the better deals for an intermediate RE, but I have not used one on a PRS Lite. Your buffer and spring selection must be compatible for the intermediate RE when used for an AR-10/308. Do not use an A5 buffer or AR-15 spring.

The PRS Lite will will not work with a rifle length RE, like you linked in the OP. It will work with either a intermediate (A5) or carbine length RE. The PRS Gen 3 will work with all three RE lengths. The PRS Lite can be finicky with some brands of REs. The UTG PRO AR-10 #TLU002 is one of the better deals for an intermediate RE, but I have not used one on a PRS Lite. Your buffer and spring selection must be compatible for the intermediate RE when used for an AR-10/308. Do not use an A5 buffer or AR-15 spring.

Thanks for the info! This is the upper I'm using. https://www.bearcreekarsenal.com/30...-gas-system-15-mlok-nrail-sch-gen2-upper.html

It has a rifle-length gas system. Will an intermediate RE be compatible with this? Sounds like I should just get a shorter or heavier buffer?

This needs to be made more clear.

With a LFAR, and its longer 308 sized BCG, the travel into a buffer tube will be deeper than a AR15 BCG, so... for standard'ish buffers... Not sure about the Armaspec )

With a AR15 length carbine buffer tube, you must use a 2.5" buffer length.
With a Vltor A5 / Armalite length carbine buffer tube, you must use a 3.25" buffer length ( Standard AR15 carbine buffer size )
With a AR15 rifle length buffer tube length ( LFAR's use the same size ) , you must use a 5.25"ish buffer length. ( Shorter than a AR15 Rifle length buffer )

The various systems do not inter change.

Reactions: LRRPF52 and mtrmn
This needs to be made more clear.

With a LFAR, and its longer 308 sized BCG, the travel into a buffer tube will be deeper than a AR15 BCG, so... for standard'ish buffers... Not sure about the Armaspec )

With a AR15 length carbine buffer tube, you must use a 2.5" buffer length.
With a Vltor A5 / Armalite length carbine buffer tube, you must use a 3.25" buffer length ( Standard AR15 carbine buffer size )
With a AR15 rifle length buffer tube length ( LFAR's use the same size ) , you must use a 5.25"ish buffer length. ( Shorter than a AR15 Rifle length buffer )

The various systems do not inter change.
The Q&A on the buffer says it will work with a fixed A1 & A2 stock. Why 'fixed' I'm not sure, because the tube doesn't collapse, the stock does. I do not know if I what I posted will work with eachother.

The armspec is a sell contained buffer/spring like the JP silent capture set up. It’s completely stand alone unit, nothing else is needed. Just make sure you get the right one for the buffer tube length you have.
You need a different buffer if you want to use the flat wire spring. Do not get the fixed stock buffer if you plan on using the buffer tube you listed. I do recommend spending the money on the kyn shot. But I’d also add an adjustable gas block. You can really make a nice shooting rifle with all those components. I haven’t seen too many 308 ars that didn’t need an adjustable gas block.

Kynshot and the Tubbs Flatwire are use at the same time?

Kynshot and the Tubbs Flatwire are use at the same time?
That’s what I was about to ask. Does the Kynshot need a spring?

I’m gonna try this

What about this KAK tube? It says A5 components only?

I was referring to the standard rifle buffer tube, early in this thread I thought you were referring to the A2/rifle buffer tube. But then I seen you clarified that you are using a carbine buffer. Lots of confusion early on. Lol

This buffer you referenced is 3.25" long, which is the same length as a standard AR15 carbine buffer. This means on a 308 you have to use the "A5" length buffer tube. This is also the Armalite "308 carbine" length tube. The tube internal depth should be 7-5/8".

This buffer will NOT work in a 308 with an AR15 carbine or collapsible stock length tube, which is 7" internal depth.

This buffer will NOT work in a rifle length or "fixed stock length" tube.

I tried the Kynshot 5006 Rifle length buffer for LR-308. It weighs 7.35 oz

It's a no-go in my LR308 WSM. I'll try it at a later date in my 6.5 CM

I'm sticking with the HeavyBuffers.com buffer with my WSMs

Last edited:
I would like to ask you guys a question about the Magpul PRS Lite stock.

So I bought a PSA 556 upper with a 20" barrel and a rifle length gas tube. Which buffer tube, spring, and buffer am I supposed to use?

Thanks in advance. Just a little confused

I would like to ask you guys a question about the Magpul PRS Lite stock.

So I bought a PSA 556 upper with a 20" barrel and a rifle length gas tube. Which buffer tube, spring, and buffer am I supposed to use?

Thanks in advance. Just a little confused
The PRS lite only works with the carbine buffer system I believe.

Reactions: lash
The PRS lite only works with the carbine buffer system I believe.
I'm not familiar with the gas systems but if I have a rifle length tube doesn't that mean I'm supposed to use rifle length tube spring and buffer? I thought I read that the A5 tube was in the middle of carbine and rifle length.