• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Is this what I think it is?

The non-snark place to look would be how to calculate the velocity of a sling. The radius and RPM would be needed I'd think, not readily finding a formula for it though.

Brick. You can see the glass folded in, so it was low velocity. Anything center fire would have just punched through and left a clean hole.

Some faggot threw something from an overpass and now somebody's dead, welcome to '21
No overpasses on that road... it’s a narrow A-road near Hereford. Brick thrown from hedge possibly. But police are saying no. But I think the cobblestone theory is a damn good one.

Brick thrown from the side might smash glass... but kill the guy? Not unless the ambulance van was traveling really fast.

Cobblestone thrown from between a set of tires, tho. Makes a lot of sense.

Sirhr

It did say they were responding to a call so high speed is possible. A chunk of rip rap or a cobble falling off a truck at highway speeds through your too thin for safety because light weight for mileage glass and you are going to have a bad day.

The authorities have to know what killed this person. It probably had to be removed from the body, so someone knows.

Had a truck driver deliver some material from a few states away with a cobblestone stuck between the wheels.
Driver broke his ass getting the thing out.

Ok all you Math students what would be the velocity of the stone if it let go at 75mph ???
The surface of the tire is moving at 75mph. The only thing changing is the angle. The stone comes out at approximately 75mph at some angle. But if you think about it from an outside perspective (pedestrian standing still) it’s moving horizontally at 75 also. So...at the very top of the tire’s rotation it would be going the same speed as the truck plus 75mph (150 mph to the observer). At the bottom it would be going the same speed as the pavement (zero mph). The release speed would be a sinusoidal function between zero and 150 mph.

75 * cos(x) + 75. x is the angle in degrees starting at top dead center = 0.
Pick the angle it comes out and that will tell you the speed.

seat could have been empty, since this is uk, right-hand drive.

Oh I think not.
The van is obviously not explodicated by the massive shock wave that emanates from the massive 50bmg projectile.
This is what the trasinfibulated shock wave from a 50BMG passing though a closed van looks like. Note how the pressure wave moved backward expanding the van and blowing the back doors off, but leaving the front doors intact. There is a lesson to be learned there. Like a tornado a 50 bmg may pass by one person and leave them unscathed, while passing another and ripping them asunder. Science is a mysterious bitch. 🤷‍♂️

1619405132054.png

• Haha
Reactions: armorpl8chikn
The only bullet that would have done something like that would be a sabot round from a damn tank -- and since you don't see liquified people sprayed around the interior -- it wasn't that.

Looks, as others have said, like a rock or similar object. People get killed by objects kicked up off the roadway all the time. Sometimes it's a rock or other object kicked up by another vehicle's tires -- sometimes it's just a piece of shit human throwing it because they think it's funny.

Remember McDonald's "You deserve a break today" ads? Supposedly folks were throwing bricks through McD's windows with notes tied to them saying "You deserve a brick today!!" Or maybe just a pre-internet "meme."

I got hit in the helmet (full face helmet) by some stupid bird white I was doing about 60 down a back road. My friend riding behind me said it was a wonderful display of exploding feathers he got to witness.

I didn't get hurt, but i did get knocked into the other lane which was on coming traffic, lucky for me no one was there. I swerved back into the right lane and went about my way. I have always worn a full face helmet ever since.

We had a fatal last fall.

Truck/trailer going east lost a set of dual wheels.

Wheels bounced over guardrail and crushed windshield/roof of Cherokee going west killing mom doing some shopping for kids.

Happens pretty regularly, most often hitting nothing.....
A set of truck duals will definitely fuck shit up. We lost 3 sets at prior employers. They never hit any vehicles but they will destroy extremely heavy built snow fence and go for another 1/2 mile across the prairie.

Wife had a wheel/tire off a truck bounce over her car and nail the one behind her.
Saw that working 911, got it on the dash cam.

Big rig tire through the windshield than it hit our rig.

Destroyed the drivers neck and the passenger was her sister.

The non-snark place to look would be how to calculate the velocity of a sling. The radius and RPM would be needed I'd think, not readily finding a formula for it though.
It comes out at the same speed the truck is moving. That wheel is moving the truck 75mph. It can’t move something else faster while turning the same rpm. The answer is in the original question.

20190509_172456.jpg

Posted this a few years ago, this is my little commuter truck.

20190509_172545 (1).jpg

This is what came through the window while I was going 65 mph. If there was anyone in the passenger seat they'd have been decapitated.

• Wow
Reactions: BikePilot
I caught a bird to the helmet on my sport bike once. Wrung my bell pretty good but didn’t go down or cause me to really change course at all. I was probably doing 75-80mph, no idea of the bird as I didn’t see it until just before impact. A different time I caught a squirrel to the foot at 80-90mph. Thought my foot was broken but turned out to be just a bunch of bruising, and that was through my alpinestars boots. The squirrel didn’t fare so well.

We had a fatal last fall.

Truck/trailer going east lost a set of dual wheels.

Wheels bounced over guardrail and crushed windshield/roof of Cherokee going west killing mom doing some shopping for kids.

Happens pretty regularly, most often hitting nothing.....

Happened again.

Only some broken legs for the operator of the vehicle that got hit this time.

Hey mechanics.....when changing wheel bearing make sure you have the fasteners/locks put together right please!

Reactions: Average guy