• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Is Yoga Gay?

Re: Is Yoga Gay?

My Wife is not Gay and she goes to weekly Yoga classes.

smile.gif

Do it in the comfort (and protection) of your own home. Flexibility benefits, plus, even if it is gay, you stay in the closet
laugh.gif

Seriously, its only gay if you do it in public with other men... being the only guy in a class full of women doing stretching excersizes in tights is probably totally not gay.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: diggler44</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Well honestly my wife has been trying to convince me to do yoga with her, but i feel like it is totally gay. </div></div>

It's a gay as you decide it is. Yoga can have many benefits. There's also a lot to be said for being the only guy and or only straight guy, in a room full of women.

Back in the day I danced at the NY School of Ballet. As far as I know, I was the only straight guy in the classes, maybe the entire school. Of course my friends all made fun of me. Meanwhile, I had more babes after me then a rock star, and when I showed up to a party with one of my teachers (who was a professional dancer for the NY Ballet and drop dead hot) they never said a damn thing again. I was like 16, she was 22 I recall.

So, I say go for it, enjoy it, try not to let wife catch you looking at all the cute chicks bending in ways that are...ummm....distracting.

I do Yoga Sunday nights, some times with the GF, some times without. It's all good.
cool.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: phlii</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If you find the following site offensive, you might be gay:

Is Yoga Gay?

ETA: Couragewolf beat me to posting this site
frown.gif

Oh well. Enjoy the site again. </div></div>

Some things are worth repeating
laugh.gif

Its probably viewed by most men as gay because its done on padded mats, in a "studio" type environment, and doesn't use any weights.

I'm a huge believer in yoga. It greatly improves flexibility and strength in your inter-muscle stabilizers. When both those are improved, you are much less prone to injury. Yoga also gets you really tone and works a lot like high rep weight work outs.

I'm very far from gay

Not gay. I do it. It is great for back issues.
Rickson Gracie does yoga. Go tell him he is gay...

Definitely not gay, but it is boring as hell. I tried doing the Yoga portion with the rest of P90X, and it is one heckuva workout, but I just can't do that "getting in touch with my inner spirit" stuff! Not for me.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sierra2</div><div class="ubbcode-body">but I just can't do that "getting in touch with my inner spirit" stuff!</div></div>

Neither can I. Its cheesy, but the main reason is that I'm dead inside so there is nothing to get in touch with

Gay, not gay; who cares? I do what I do for my own reasons, not because of any concerns for what others think. I have <span style="font-style: italic">[no</span> conrol over their thoughts. Wouldn't want any if I could.

All I can say about gay is I don't really think gay is for me. Just unappealing, is all...

Others may differ.

Inner spirit? Dang, I have so much trouble nailing down spirits. Check with that Josh guy...

Greg

you get flexible with what will generally be some very fit, and certainly flexible women.

or you get testosterone filled and sweaty with a bunch of half-naked dudes in a room...

tell me, which one sounds more gay to you.
plus, you have a wife, so who cares, you know at the end of the day what you're getting and where your manhood ends up, so why should what anyone else think actally matter to you?

Dont be scared to open up a little bro. I will make you stronger for sure. Yoga is very good for you. If you were going to do yoga with a buddy then YES it gay, your wife, nope your good to go then.

Hell no!,WTF oh wait, I thought you were asking if<span style="font-weight: bold"> YODA</span> was gay....

I have done yoga for years, I am not spiritual. There are many benefits to practicing it. Like proper breathing, helping calm yourself down, retaining proper eye sight, patience and being quiet. All of these traits make up a good sniper, so should you practice yoga? yes probably, it will help your sniping for sure. I don't see what's gay about that. Hot girls in tights and better sniping. sounds like an easy decision to me.

Agreed, yoga is definately NOT gay. There are many types of yoga out there, all serve functional purposes. And besides if you feel a little whimpyish doing it. Just try to finish the P90X Yoga first try. If you take all of the options, they work about 400 pushups into that damn thing. Most men have pretty s**tty balance and even s**ttier flexibility. And I'm willing to bet the "gayer" a man thinks yoga is, the worse he probably needs it.

I am 6'6" 300 pounds, I wrestled for 15 years. I love Yoga. Does that make me gay? Who cares? The Yoga room reminds me a lot of the wrestling room, cept it smells like sweaty-cooter instead of sweaty-balls. So I got that going for me.....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: EventHorizon</div><div class="ubbcode-body">wanting to fuck men makes you gay. If Yoga does that to you then you're... </div></div>

Do you mean Yoda? He's a Jedi Knight, fer Goodness sakes!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Joel.B</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I am 6'6" 300 pounds, I wrestled for 15 years. I love Yoga. Does that make me gay? Who cares? The Yoga room reminds me a lot of the wrestling room, cept it smells like sweaty-cooter instead of sweaty-balls. So I got that going for me.....

</div></div>

The scenery is quite a bit better as well.

I would never try it but it seems a lot of women do it so that might be a good way to meet chicks.

Where is the moderator...? Aren't they suppose to limit the gay content...could have swore I read it in the "terms of agreement".

Do Tai Chi if you dont want to roll around on the ground like a homo. Works great for flexibility and muscle tension, and strength. I follow the Naked Warrior routine. Grease the Groove.

Okay,so we have no yoga instructors out here so I've been using videos. Go to collagevideo and they have a bunch of yoga dvd's you can purchase. Check YogaJournal they have a bunch of article and also see totalvid,you can down load workouts to your computer. Good luck

No way. You should try it sometime-It is amazing for stretching and getting your mind right. Plus, if you are single it is a great place to meet the ladies.

Does a bear shit in the woods?

P90X YogaX is about as close as I can get to doing "Yoga" and the only reason I can stand it is because it's hard as hell and 9/10 average people wouldn't make it through. I feel like it's a challenge every time.

Your a fucking moron.<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Crazy Horse</div><div class="ubbcode-body">m14er is a creep. He goes there to meet ladies and then peeks around the corner at some young kids because he sucks. Pederast</div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: The_end</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Does a bear shit in the woods?</div></div>

apparently-does-bear-shit-woods-demotivational-poster-1290004376.jpg

Don't have time to read through this whole long post so I'll just skip to the answer:

It's totally gay.

It is absolutely gay... However, my girlfriend makes me go every once in awhile ( couple times a month) and now I hit drives are about 20 yards longer and my handicap went down to a 4.2. I feel a bit stronger, but more so my back doesn't hurt as much as it used to.

I do feel a bit gay while I'm there, and when I'm leaving

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Shaman</div><div class="ubbcode-body">no its not </div></div>

If it makes you feel better? It's Ghey

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Toddcal13</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It is absolutely gay... However, my girlfriend makes me go every once in awhile ( couple times a month) and now I hit drives are about 20 yards longer and my handicap went down to a 4.2. I feel a bit stronger, but more so my back doesn't hurt as much as it used to.

I do feel a bit gay while I'm there, and when I'm leaving </div></div>

Your girlfriend "makes" you go? That may be even more gay than the yoga itself.
cool.gif

Just saying..........

Ok I seriously recommend doing Yoga. If you take your training seriously then go for it! If you do cardio and and weight training then its a must. Even if you don't do Yoga for 90mins you'll still reap benefits.
Whats going to happen is when you tear up your muscles from lifting or whatever it takes time to heal, and they're going to tighten up on you. I think everybody knows that morning after soreness.
Stretching not only lengthens the muscles, but also helps with healing time. It makes for a good warm up before working out, and a good cool down after a workout. And if you study up on your physiology you'll know that a longer muscle is a stronger muscle, but if that isn't good enough for you then I'll tell you its also good for picking up on guys
wink.gif
or staring at girls asses when in session. Whatever floats your boat....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Erud</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Toddcal13</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It is absolutely gay... However, my girlfriend makes me go every once in awhile ( couple times a month) and now I hit drives are about 20 yards longer and my handicap went down to a 4.2. I feel a bit stronger, but more so my back doesn't hurt as much as it used to.

I do feel a bit gay while I'm there, and when I'm leaving </div></div>

Your girlfriend "makes" you go? That may be even more gay than the yoga itself.
cool.gif

Just saying..........

</div></div>

Hahaha no shit this guy doesn't even go by choice he just does what the woman tells him what does she make you wear to yoga buddy did she pick you out a nice outfit?

Yoga, aerobics, an ything that works you out is better than dying of a heart attack or obesiety.

Nothing is gay unless you already are..

I tore a disc in my lower back this year. I went to physical therapy. A lot of the exercises I did are yoga based. It really helped. As for gay; sounds like a personal issue.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MrLowandSlow</div><div class="ubbcode-body">1. Yoga makes you stronger.
2. Yoga makes you more flexible, which can prevent injuries.
3. The girl to guy ratio in any given yoga class is like, 6:1.

I'm no mathmetician, but I'd say the odds of yoga being gay are pretty slim. And if I'm wrong, whatever, I'm still doing it. </div></div>

Well said. 'Nuff said.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JW Snydes</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MrLowandSlow</div><div class="ubbcode-body">1. Yoga makes you stronger.
2. Yoga makes you more flexible, which can prevent injuries.
3. The girl to guy ratio in any given yoga class is like, 6:1.

I'm no mathmetician, but I'd say the odds of yoga being gay are pretty slim. And if I'm wrong, whatever, I'm still doing it. </div></div>

Well said. 'Nuff said. </div></div>

The same things could be said for Jazzercize or Richard Simmons' "Sweatin' to the Oldies". Just because you can doesn't mean you should.

Ever see John Wayne doing yoga?

i started this thread mostly for entertainment and it was a success. i know its beneficial but i still can't get myself to try it yet!!! yet being the key word.

LOL it is funny. Yoga is kind of gay only because of the type of people that are too often attracted to it. But it really is not gay and is really good to add to a workout. Just don't get too caught up in the Yoga culture and give yourself an Indian name.

I had my own martial arts schools and used to teach Ki exercise and meditation. Many of the Ki exercises are like yoga. But the Ki exercises, especially the stretching and breathing really help a person gain skill in the Martial Arts.

Yoga is not gay but I think it attracts them and if that is all you do for exercise, it might mean you are gay - but don't ask and don't tell.