• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

iSnipe vs.Shooter (Ballistic)

sititunga

Sergeant
Minuteman
Apr 20, 2009
Apart from the obvious, has anyone done a review and comparison of these two programs?

Re: iSnipe vs.Shooter (Ballistic)

Shooter for Droid, Ballistic FTE for Iphone. Both are plenty capable and have all the features you actually need.

Had not heard of Mil-Dot-Ballistics but it looks really nice.
<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Ex0nxi65Gu0&feature=player_embedded"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Ex0nxi65Gu0&feature=player_embedded" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lowlight</div><div class="ubbcode-body">iSniper is pretty weak..

Bulletflight
Ballistics FTE
Mil Dot Ballistics

in that order. </div></div> I had bullflight but found FTE better and now use that and shooter for droyd
Ballistics FTE
Bulletflight
Mil Dot Ballistics

in that order

Like bullet flight as well. Nightforce for the desktop

iSnipe has some great features but I'm not sure about its output. Taking the trusted JBM output and comparing it to iSnipe gives different results. I end up having to input falsified data (about 10-15 less MV) into iSnipe to get it match JBM for iPod. I'm not quite sure what is going on with iSnipe. It tends to crash on my old iPod.

Well, I used iSnipe at a match this morning. I think the programmer got his problems figured out with his last update. Difference between iSnipe and FTE velocity output was .002% at 500 meters. With that said when iSnipe provides the option for spin drift zeroed it will but up there along with FTE. Also, both FTE and iSnipe still allow for iOS 3. BulletFlight requires the more expensive "military" version and iOS 4 for the same features as the current to date FTE and iSnipe versions for those with 1st Gen iPods that can't get any higher than iOS 3.

Isnipe works well for me with factory ammo. Bullet Flight hasn't.

If you have good data (exact distance known) Isnipe is good. Plus there was an MSNBC tidbit stating that the U.S. military was picking up Isnipe to use. Back maybe 5 months ago........?

Strelok for droid

It lets you input all the parameters for your rifle and ammo. It shows various companys reticules to allow for exact holdovers or mil adjustments in MIL,MOA, or IPHY to dial in. Slope, wind, temperature, zeroing temperature, and altitude adjustments. Zeroing temperature. If he does not list your reticule send him an email so he can upload it

plus its FREE

also for me, with android:
shooterballistic n°1
strelok n°2

bulletflight now have some problem on android, i think they must work for bugfix.

Shooter App! Customer service is great if you have a problem. Been using it for about one year and it is right on target.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: markv7101</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Shooter App! Customer service is great if you have a problem. Been using it for about one year and it is right on target. </div></div>

This has been spot on, as long as I enter correct data. I don't need anything more for shooting out to 1000yd.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sititunga1</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Apart from the obvious, has anyone done a review and comparison of these two programs?</div></div>

bulletflight is the mutts nuts. Go for the full version. Lot of functionality for the $