• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

ISO: Remington 700 Short action.

Dvando20

Private
Minuteman
Sep 8, 2017
I am looking for a remington 700 short action. Just action (no barrel). I am looking for mostly a used one that i can refurbish to save myself the money of having to buy new. Thank you

A new or used Remington 700 action will often set you back the same, or nearly the same, as buying a complete rifle from a big box sports retailer (academy, dicks, gander mountain, cabelas, etc). Check pawn shops and local gun shops for used rifles. They usually don’t have much invested in them so there may be room to dicker. Brownels sells bare actions, but they are really not deals. If you are not in a rush, holidays are a good time to look for budget rifles at sale prices- can be less than what brownels charges for bare actions... beyond that, the for sale section on the hide is a good place to look. The bolt action forum is a discussion forum, so you will have better luck in the exchange if you are looking to buy.

Take off actions show up here with some frequency. Pretty sure I remember someone here has a group buy going on actions w/ good prices.

Reactions: Dvando20
A new or used Remington 700 action will often set you back the same, or nearly the same, as buying a complete rifle from a big box sports retailer (academy, dicks, gander mountain, cabelas, etc). Check pawn shops and local gun shops for used rifles. They usually don’t have much invested in them so there may be room to dicker. Brownels sells bare actions, but they are really not deals. If you are not in a rush, holidays are a good time to look for budget rifles at sale prices- can be less than what brownels charges for bare actions... beyond that, the for sale section on the hide is a good place to look. The bolt action forum is a discussion forum, so you will have better luck in the exchange if you are looking to buy.

Thank you. Im new to the site. Still trying to figure out how everything works in here. I appreciate the input

I have an action.

It's a Lester Bruno trued CM tube with a PTG 0.200" lug that I had John Pierce pin for me. The bolt is a brand new (literally no barrel yet) 0.697" PTG stainless one piece with SFP, M16, and a firing pin group I put together with the PTG light pin, a J&P chrome silicon spring, and stainless steel bolt shroud. I also have a mini-Tactical Badger knob for it along with a 20 MOA steel Nightforce rail...both of those are new as well.

No, it will not be $300, but it won't be $1,000 either.