• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Issues or 'Things to Know' SDN6 on precision 6.5 creed?

topslop1

Private
Banned !
Minuteman
Dec 18, 2010
I know that Thunder Beast Arms suppressors seem to be the desired suppressors for precision bolt guns;

I've already got an SDN6. Any issues or caveats with shooting it off of a 6.5 creed rig?

What advantages would a TBAC 30 run over the SDN6?

Weight
even TBACs massive 338 cans are lighter than a SDN6.
an Ultra 7 is less than half the weight

suppression
probably almost every TBAC can suppresses sound better

will a SDN6 work on a 6.5 bolt gun? yes

is this a good reason to pick up a TBAC? absolutely yes

I think I'll work on the rig itself first ;) but I appreciate the feedback; very helpful.

What mount will you be using? Repeatability might suck, causing you to constantly rezero and/or modify zero offsets (or miss targets if you aren't checking). Converting to a direct thread might be worth it. I agree with the above post, and a TBAC or similar suppressor would be worth the upgrade.

They come loose. A couple clicks. You can modify the break to let it lock up tight.

The ratchet system leaves a lot to be desired. I have an sdn6 and a aac 556.

The 556 aac can was tack welded onto the mount as it’s a single rifle can.

The sdn6 will be going ti Ecco machine to get a direct thread put on.

TBAC is all pros. Minus cost. And not sure if they are full auto rated. But doesnt sound like that’s an issue for you.

I have a sdn6 and it's still a solid can. Poi shift is a non-issue since every can will have a poi shift and you are accounting for it anyway. Doesn't matter if you dial .8 mil or 1.6 mil. On the other hand you might need to try a couple mounts to get one that locks up solid. Maybe 25% of my mounts lock up acceptable. I also have the m4 2k and there are more modern cans now, but the sdn6 is still serviceable.

So I guess unless you absolutely need to save weight and the only place to do so is your can then go for it.

All in all, if you have a mount that locks up where it's supposed to I don't think you are going to gain anything going to tbac.

The issue I had was the ratchet mount, it blows, even if you get it to lock up tight it wont stay that way. The result for me was lovely patterns almost as good as my 14" benelli at 100 yds... mine is slated to go to ecco and get a reliable lock up with new mount...YMMV. If precision is what you are after save your change and plan on a TBAC. YMMV

100% agree ymmv. The 51t is the downside, but I haven't had a mount fail. The majority of the ones I have don't lock up tight, but the ones that do seem to stay locked up.

I have other cans that I prefer, but since you already have one try it and see if the accuracy is there.

You can also send the can off to Ecco machine, they can change the mount type and put new guts into it. It'll be a new can that has a better mounting interface and sounds better.