• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

issues with AI AX chassis w/ jewell trigger

uracowman

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 6, 2012
Houston, TX
I just picked up an AX chassis to drop a rem 700 clone action into. I'm having a bit of trouble and I have no idea what it could be.

The gun has a Jewell HVT trigger on it, but I am unable to engage the safety on the gun. I took the gun apart again and noticed it was rubbing against the side of the chassis. Is this common for an AI AX/AW chassis with the jewell trigger installed?

Re: issues with AI AX chassis w/ jewell trigger

Some aftermarket triggers do cause some issues with the AI Chassis that requires a small bit of clearance in the chassis. This sounds like one of those cases.

-Sean

Triggers come in all shapes and sizes, I've had clearance issues on McMillans, Manners and AI stocks using Timney, CG and Jewell triggers. All issues were quickly resolved using my friend Mr. Dremel. Just remove a little bit of the stock, you'll never see it once the skins are back on and the action is bolted in place.

The Timney clearance issue is well known with the AICS chassis, I was hoping they would have fixed this for the AX chassis but I guess not. It's a simple though with a little machining / massaging. I have an AX chassis waiting to be put together so I will keep this in mind also.

Easy fix though.

PM with your phone number. I have a smith here in Houston that can take care of the problem.