• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

It better not snow this weekend!

joshudavid

Private
Minuteman
Nov 29, 2008
Portland, OR
Finally got my scope today (great deals at optics planet!). After a lot of reading on here, I decided to use my low budget to get the tasco 6-24 mil dot. I haven't had a chance to shoot it yet, but I've been looking through it a lot and I love it so far for the money.

I know that 24x is overkill, but I like the option, especially when I'm shooting alone and/or don't have a spotting scope.

I also picked up this bipod at Joe's Sports for $50. For a .22, I can't think of any reason to spend more, this one did nice when I used it a few weeks ago.

So here it is for now:

SAVAGE MARK II-FVXP (removed stock scope)
AccuTrigger
21" Crowned heavy Barrel
Tasco VAR624X42M
6 - 9" Bipod (can't remember brand)

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

Re: It better not snow this weekend!

I just bought the same scope for my .22LR. I was using the 2.5-10X but needed more magnification.

Re: It better not snow this weekend!

+1 on the Tasco. I've got the same model on two of my .22's. Pretty positive clicks and so far are holding up well.