• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors It has begun. Thunder Beast 50 prototype

If this thing wasn't going to be $5000, I'd love to put it on my 510 whisper just for the absolute lulz

But alas, I own an M82 and the 510 whisper is 3/4-14

Right now we are planning to do mounts for 7/8-14, 1-14, 1-24, and M24x1, with M24x1 being muzzle indexed for the AI (recommend re-facing muzzle for this option). The DTA is M25x1.5 and I'm not sure if anyone else uses that. I guess that one is up for discussion.
Please do a mount for the DT HTI.

Reactions: Farmerbrown32
What are the different modular components in this write up? I get the main can and the brake, but what is the 2 inch or so piece interposed between the brake and the main can in the complete configuration?

What are the advantages of the different configurations and the drawbacks also? What are the preferred configurations?

I mean, obviously, you can make it shorter and lighter by removing components, but how much does that impact the efficacy of recoil and sound reduction?

The best configuration for both sound and recoil is long with the brake, period, end of story. Nobody who has shot it in that config and then tried any other combination wanted to continue shooting it in the other config.

The normal version of this can will ship with the brake front end, ie, you'll get the main suppressor body, the middle module, and the brake.

Zak, I get that but that then begs the question, why make it modular? Since nobody will want to shoot any other configuration?

Zak, I get that but that then begs the question, why make it modular? Since nobody will want to shoot any other configuration?
Might be easier to manufacture that way without needing steady rests. Also there might be times somebody needs it shorter even though they might prefer shooting it longer. Same reason why some people get 5" cans.

Reactions: BurtG
Me every time this thread is bumped without a release date being announced:

b16.jpg

Plus, the main purpose of the Barrett is to just make a bunch of noise and dust to scare the enemy away. Since you can't hit them with it, you may as well put the fear of God into them with it

• Haha
Reactions: Farmerbrown32
Is that the release date or when the release date will be released?

$5500 + Stamp, ouch. Hopefully includes a tube of KY-jelly. First $6-12k for the rifle, then BOHICA for the can

1180 (Ultra 7) / ( 1600 (Sig cross) + 1900 (3.6-18 Mark5HD) ) = 0.34

5495 / ( 14800 (AXELR) + 4200 (ZC527) ) = 0.29

It's actually cheaper, percentage wise... :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Or 1180 (u7) / 2(140 eld match) = 590 rounds

5495 / 10 (750 a max) = less than 550 rounds

With all due respect, there is a big difference between shooting the gun *at all* (no gun, no ammo, no scope) and shooting the gun with a can on it vs hearing protection and a highly effective brake for $400.

I can get a Tangent Theta for that price, or an entire Moots Cycles titanium (hand welded in Steamboat Springs, CO) bike frame plus a wheelset for that price.

Convince me this tube, more or less, is worth more than an entire BICYCLE frame, or a Tangent Theta scope, and that this is not Area 419-style "whatever the market will bear and the gun nuts will pay" mentality.

Last edited:
Noob question
Can a barrel with 1 5/16, 16 tpi, left hand thread be re-threaded to 1-14 or will I have to have the barrel chopped down and then threaded?
I am not sure how deep the threads run so I honestly don't know.

Noob question
Can a barrel with 1 5/16, 16 tpi, left hand thread be re-threaded to 1-14 or will I have to have the barrel chopped down and then threaded?
I am not sure how deep the threads run so I honestly don't know.
You're good. 1 5/16 minor Dia should be around 1.234". 1-14 major is around 1".

Thanks.
Now all I have to do is rob a bank I mean find 6,000 dollars somewhere.

With all due respect, there is a big difference between shooting the gun *at all* (no gun, no ammo, no scope) and shooting the gun with a can on it vs hearing protection and a highly effective brake for $400.

I can get a Tangent Theta for that price, or an entire Moots Cycles titanium (hand welded in Steamboat Springs, CO) bike frame plus a wheelset for that price.

Convince me this tube, more or less, is worth more than an entire BICYCLE frame, or a Tangent Theta scope, and that this is not Area 419-style "whatever the market will bear and the gun nuts will pay" mentality.
If you are or ever thought about being a .50BMG shooter, this can will actually cost you a LOT more in the long run because you will actually want to shoot up a lot more .50 ammo.

No muffs over the best plugs you can get, and still having it feel like you're being punched in the face with every shot.
(There is some scientific literature that suggests that shooting 50BMG, even with earpro, causes incremental TBI https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7396645/ )

No massive recoil like normal .50 cans have. It makes .50 shootable. During the R&D cycles we shot many multi-hundred-round days back to back with no fatigue. If that sounds like something you're interested in, you might want to check out this can.

As people learned about this can over the last year, we've discovered that there are a LOT of 50's out there that are basically never shot for the aforementioned reasons.

The Ultra50 uses about 14 times the amount of raw titanium (by weight) in a Moots frame and probably has more welds. I'm not going to argue against the TT because that's what I shoot, and yes it's worth it.

1) If I walk into a metal supplier and ask for a 2" diameter titanium bar 18" long, I'll likely pay $1200 or so. Haven't yet flipped the switch on a turning center or laid the first weld bead.

2) Companies don't price according to a "cost-plus" model, they price according to what the market will bear. The delta between cost and price establishes the company's gross margins, and they don't owe it to us to make that number any smaller. Take away the profit motive and suddenly we won't have anything fun to buy.

I'm not simping for TBAC but as an occasional consumer of nice things, I owe it to myself to understand how this corner of the economy works.

18''? No, it takes 4' of ti to make this can

Dr James Engail was at an event I was attending. He does a lot of stuff on overpressure for the military. He was blown away when he shot this. He will coming out to Cheyenne with his equipment for some testing.

I will be getting a Moots this year by the way

Yeah, I’ll probably end up with one. I’m just trying to talk myself out of it.

And Ray get the most classic styling moots you can, you’re gonna have it forever and you don’t want to buy the trend/fad. Buy a tried and true geometry like Vamoots

I'm a bit of a bike whore. I built a super sick Evil Shammy Hagar last year. I'll probably end up with a Black Sheep this year too. James is local to Fort Collins and does sick ti also.

Anyone that has been around this can has been very impressed

I'm a bit of a bike whore. I built a super sick Evil Shammy Hagar last year. I'll probably end up with a Black Sheep this year too. James is local to Fort Collins and does sick ti also.

Anyone that has been around this can has been very impressed
I ran into Zac and Ray at the range where they were out testing the 30 cal version a couple weeks ago. Ray had my 65+ year old shooting buddy, brand new to long range, hit the 500yd plate I think, with his second long range shot ever! Off a tripod! And he saw it through the scope! They then shot the breeze with us for 15 minutes. Plus they didn’t even laugh at my Lane Scorpion King can I had! Lol! Someday when I stop being a poors, I’ll buy a hometown can!

Thanks TB!

Reactions: JeffLebowski
What is the dB rating in the “short” configuration?

Also, there are only two configurations right? With and without the center 4” section? Meaning you cannot run it without the anchor brake?