• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

It. Is. Finished. M24A2; PCR Build

TheGerman

Oberleutnant
Minuteman
  • Jan 25, 2010
    the Westside
    Retirement present to myself and after the long haul that is a custom rifle, we are 95% of the way there - all that's left is for the Ops Inc suppressor to finally show up and ADCO to do the barrel contour work for it.

Just some halfassed pics I snapped tonight after getting everything together as I was waiting for the stock to come back. I'll take some pics of it outside as well as it wearing its PVS24 sometime later in the week.

Have to thank both Keith and Brad at Phoenix Custom Rifles for doing the build. Both were very easy to work with and walked with me through the entire build process from the ground up. If there was a doubt or something was in question as to how it was supposed to turn out, they were right on the phone with me. We tried to get it as close as possible but some suggestions were made and we altered the build slightly and I am extremely pleased with what we did. Keith does most of the build while Brad does the finish work. Great guys to deal with and I can honestly recommend them.

Stock was done by Branden at Custom Gun Coatings. He does the work for GAP/Manners and the stock came back awesome.

Marty from Badger Ordnance hooked me up with the impossible to find MARS rail as well as the correct spec M24A2 bottom metal. If you don't know Marty, he's the man.

Specs:

- Remington 700 Stainless Steel Long Action Receiver (trued, lugs lapped, spec ground Badger Ordnance recoil lug)
    - Rock Creek 24" Barrel 1:10 (we decided on a 1:10 instead of the spec 1:11.25 request as I am wanting to mess around with the 208AMAX round); can't see it in the pic but the correct M24 target crown was machined by Keith
    - HS Precision PST024 Stock (finished in Polane patriot brown, desert sand, coyote tan, with a matte clear coat and Hello Kitty easter egg on the right forearm)
    - Badger Ordnance M24A2 bottom metal w/ 5 round AI magazine
    - Badger Ordnance (for Remington) 20MOA MARS rail
    - Badger Ordnance 30mm Rings
    - Badger Ordnance bolt knob
    - Timney 510 Trigger (could not find a spec M24 trigger anywhere)
    - Harris BiPod with KMW PodLock
    - Nightforce F1 3.5-15 (also have the Leupold Mk4 3.5-10 but prefer the F1)
    - GrovTec sling swivels
    - Sprinkled with pure sexiness

All metal surfaces were expertly done in Cerakote Coyote Tan by Brad @ PCR to include both the Leupold and Nightforce (took a little convincing for him to coat the NF!)

Total build, with optic and magazine inserted weighs 16.3 pounds.

Attachments

• DSC00388.jpg
      DSC00388.jpg
      86.1 KB · Views: 187
    • DSC00387.jpg
      DSC00387.jpg
      89.5 KB · Views: 185
    • DSC00381.jpg
      DSC00381.jpg
      86.7 KB · Views: 183
    • DSC00380.jpg
      DSC00380.jpg
      79.7 KB · Views: 149
    • DSC00379.jpg
      DSC00379.jpg
      81.8 KB · Views: 175
    Last edited:
    Damn! That is a very handsome rifle, cant wait to shoot it ;) hahahaha. Brad and Keith do great work.

I read your post and was like, wait...what?! And then I realized who it was. haha

It won't come to Utah until April/May but yeah, we def need to see how far it'll go.

ETA - Sun is up, here are a few more in the light and a 3rd picture with my spotter looking through the glass. He's a bit less whiny about cold weather than I am.

Attachments

• phpUqLzioAM.jpg
      phpUqLzioAM.jpg
      103 KB · Views: 100
    • phpVDhfsDAM.jpg
      phpVDhfsDAM.jpg
      102.8 KB · Views: 101
    • phpvH8VkhAM.jpg
      phpvH8VkhAM.jpg
      103.8 KB · Views: 93
    Last edited:
    very nice, who doesn't love a well built M24. Congratulations on your retirement...

btw which AI mags fit that bottom metal? i'm considering adding the same part

AI part number 4267

And thank you, retirement is awesome. Nothing like waking up in the AM to drive the wife to her clinic, drive back home and work out, either go to lunch with the wife or go shooting all afternoon and then do whatever the evening allows. Why didn't I think of this sooner!?!

Sweet stick man!! I always liked the M24A2 configuration - represented a huge improvement over the original M24...

German,

Thanks for the kind words. It was a fun project.

Brad

Looks awesome! Can't hardly see the "easter egg" though. :(

Branden

Its a bit more obvious that in the pic. I had a guy stand next to it for 10 minutes before he noticed it, but he wasnt looking for it but when he saw it, it stuck out to him from there on.

Somehow it gets a bit shaded in the pics, but is a bit more visable than you think it is.

Wow! Nice retirement gift, looks great. Those guys at pcr build one hell of a rifle. Hope you enjoy it...........d-1

Inspirational sir! Congratulations on your retirement, and a master work rifle build.

Its a bit more obvious that in the pic. I had a guy stand next to it for 10 minutes before he noticed it, but he wasnt looking for it but when he saw it, it stuck out to him from there on.

Somehow it gets a bit shaded in the pics, but is a bit more visable than you think it is.

HAHA, I picked that up right away in your pictures above and was gonna ask about it. Good looking rifle you have there. Keith and Brad are working on mine as we speak and I can't wait to get my hands on it. Enjoy your new rifle.