• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

It started with a bang.

Ha. Thinking I'm gonna keep my bladder as long as possible.

The "mass" was removed Thursday. It was about 2cm on the cat scan but in reality was mostly a blood clot and tissue according to the pathological report. My bladder was "distended", being closer to a 2 liter than normal. Pissing is now an extreme sport, hopefully for the short term.

Good luck on your recovery. After the diagnoses, the recovery should be a breeze.

Reactions: Halfnutz
Pissing is now an extreme sport, hopefully for the short term.
Ask the doctors if cranberry juice is allowed. With my repetitive kidney stones it is a blessing to have.

I keep a half to gallon on hand at all times. Not sure how it works but it does because when you have stones invariably you have a uti.

Only relief I ever found worth a damn.

The "mass" was removed Thursday. It was about 2cm on the cat scan but in reality was mostly a blood clot and tissue according to the pathological report. My bladder was "distended", being closer to a 2 liter than normal. Pissing is now an extreme sport, hopefully for the short term.
God is good. Thank you, God.

Hey, that is good news. But keep us informed on your progress.

Thoughts and prayers.

Whew! Good to hear! I lost lefty to cancer about 11 years ago, had chemo and all that jazz. Any weird pain or issue certainly makes the agent orange flare up. :)

Whew! Good to hear! I lost lefty to cancer about 11 years ago, had chemo and all that jazz. Any weird pain or issue certainly makes the agent orange flare up. :)
You had it a bit more difficult than me. No chemo or radiation 14 years ago.

Glad you made it through! Stay up on the checks and keep it beat!

An update with some questions. Didn't want to start a new thread.

So it's been 2 months or so.
Prostate and bladder are cancer free but I can't pee. I have to use a catheter 3-5 times a day.
It isn't as bad as it sounds. It's more of an inconvenience and a months worth of "straws" costs the insurance about 2k.
2 days ago the doctor said 70% of people respond to medication. (Flowmax and Proscar)
(Flowmax helps you pee and Proscar shrinks your Prostate to help you pee.) I'm a 30%er

Options are a TURP or a Urolift to get my Prostate outta the way so I can piss.

I don't really want to air all this in public, but I've only met a handful of you face to face and I know there is more than a couple older guys on here that may have been dealing with something similar. The doctor said 1 in 3 men will have some kind of issue with an obstructive prostate. So consider this a PSA (pun intended).

On the plus side. I haven't smoked at all since the day before my surgery and my caffeine intake has dropped from 2-3 Monsters a day to I tried coffee a couple times (and in my forest Gump voice), I had a couple, (not 15), Dr Peppers in the last 2 months.

On the plus side. I haven't smoked at all since the day before my surgery and my caffeine intake has dropped from 2-3 Monsters a day to I tried coffee a couple times (and in my forest Gump voice), I had a couple, (not 15), Dr Peppers in the last 2 months.
Keep on keeping on brother. I would highly recommend prayer, regardless of what you believe, I'd recommend doing it. Out of all of the bad things I've done, habits I've kicked, and awful decisions I've made, smoking is by far #1 the worst and hardest to quit. Stay off of that crap and keep doing well for yourself.

Reactions: Familydude
Prayers sent. I don't know your ao, but based on family experience, I would go somewhere other than Obici.