• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

It this Rangefinder package worth it?

The LRF is a bit dated, but works well out to 1k or so for steel, further for reflective. The Kestrel is the exact same hardware in the 5700 Elite, but with the lower end software loaded. I bought the same combo a while back, and I was pretty happy with it. I upgraded the Kestrel to the Elite software in short order (hint: get the optical cable - upgrades over BT suck), and eventually switched from the ConX to the new Nitro 1800 LRF.

$479 is a pretty good deal for the combo, however. If you don't already have a LRF or Kestrel, I'd say buy it.

Reactions: Zackary
The LRF is a bit dated, but works well out to 1k or so for steel, further for reflective. The Kestrel is the exact same hardware in the 5700 Elite, but with the lower end software loaded. I bought the same combo a while back, and I was pretty happy with it. I upgraded the Kestrel to the Elite software in short order (hint: get the optical cable - upgrades over BT suck), and eventually switched from the ConX to the new Nitro 1800 LRF.

$479 is a pretty good deal for the combo, however. If you don't already have a LRF or Kestrel, I'd say buy it.
Thanks!

I paid 350 for conx rangefinder a few years ago when they were blowing them out and considered it a steal. Like hollywood said, I get out to around 1k yards on my full size ipsc and out to a mile reflecting off a house or truck depending on which end of the firing line Im on.

I did notice that recently it seems to range properly at the bottom of the aiming circle instead of the center but thats fine with me for the price. I dont really use it that often though anymore unless Im changing a targets position and even then its just to confirm my phones satellite gps target dot is reading the right distance.

Anyone else notice that it says that it comes with the Kestrel elite upgrade?

According to sig the 2200 isn’t compatible with kestrel. You would need a 2400 or the 3000 binos. Either would put you over that combo price.