• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

It was all George’s Fault

gosh... I tought you were mentionning another george.

SNL hasn't been funny since.........EVER.

Could have been with Shane Gillis, but he got canceled.

1707318500368.gif

Yeah yeah yeah..."the code" was metric...

But all the nuts, screw, gages, ECT were in imperial...thinking mans measurements...

We built our rockets out of good American imperial units....the Jack Daniels of measures....and we landed on the moon several times 50 years ago.

The Japanese use that watered down bud-lite metric bullshit, and they "landed" upside down

Coincidence?....I think not....
I wonder why we cannot land on the moon now? Heck, no one has yet been able to get a probe to successfully land there. Computers back then filled up a building, no joke. My mother worked as a key punch operator around 1970 for Phillips 66 in California. So, I know how big the computers were back then.

That much computer now fits on your laptop.

So, why no more moon missions?

because the species is not smart enough to know that to survive as such we need to get off this planet. yea,the greens have some things close. we're monkeys,not cats. we are always gonna piss upstream from where we drink and shit where we sleep. but their understanding and solutions are beyond retarded on many levels. some of their elites are potential mass murderers and that won't work well for anyone or for the species. resources are and have always been limited. ability to cooperate in any large group is rare and occurs only under some limited circumstances. war being one and it has to go or we will exterminate ourselves. the mass murder and enslavement planned by the global elites will ultimately fail even if they are all that's left alive. see the movie "a boy and his dog" it was pretty predictive of that sort of outcome. the answer for global cooperation is some kind of new religion. religions can be pretty unifying. the ones we have now only cause continuous strife and slaughter.

I wonder why we cannot land on the moon now? Heck, no one has yet been able to get a probe to successfully land there. Computers back then filled up a building, no joke. My mother worked as a key punch operator around 1970 for Phillips 66 in California. So, I know how big the computers were back then.

That much computer now fits on your laptop.

So, why no more moon missions?
I watched a video about this quite a while back.

We can't build the Saturn V's F1 engines anymore.

All of the little tweaks and design changes, all the notes... Stuff drawn on napkins and pieces of notebook paper... We literally threw all that shit away when we cancelled the Apollo program.

I'm betting the original plans and concepts exist somewhere... but would have to start over completely from scratch and relearn and redesign everything again.

I believe they also stated in the video that a lot of the manufacturing methods used, the welds, etc... are all a lost art.

Sounds unbelievable, but I also read we can't recreate bronze swords (from the bronze age) with the same level of quality they did back then.

Mike

Reactions: Ronws
I watched a video about this quite a while back.

We can't build the Saturn V's F1 engines anymore.

All of the little tweaks and design changes, all the notes... Stuff drawn on napkins and pieces of notebook paper... We literally threw all that shit away when we cancelled the Apollo program.

I'm betting the original plans and concepts exist somewhere... but would have to start over completely from scratch and relearn and redesign everything again.

I believe they also stated in the video that a lot of the manufacturing methods used, the welds, etc... are all a lost art.

Sounds unbelievable, but I also read we can't recreate bronze swords (from the bronze age) with the same level of quality they did back then.

Mike
I fingered something out after your reply and then watching the video of the guy talking to NASA.

At first, I thought we went to the moon. Then, for a while, I wondered about it because we have not been back. We accomplished in less than 10 years what we have not done in 50 years, that we know of.

I think now, I have been guilty of ascribing legerdemain to what is simply incompetence.

It's not that our engineers are stupid or that we need the old technology. It's that the people are afraid to say and do what must be done. Society, it seems, could be part of it. Back in the Apollo program, women were women, men were men, and sheep were nervous.

These days, you have men in drag and dresses grinding their crotches in front of children in Grapevine, Texas while communist thugs dressed in black (antifa) stand guard for the drag queens with AR-15s. Our society is more concerned with butt sex than getting to the moon. Allowing a guy with a 5 o'clock shadow to call himself a woman and take all of the records in a women's sport is now the focus, instead of going to the moon.

The first time around, they had no confidence and had to build redundancy.

In addition, what is needed is people who can talk to Satan, I mean, politicians, which is redundant. The politicians can help the funding. Or, at the very least, pay the right bribes so that a private company can get going.

So, we went to the moon, we are just surrounded by the beginnings of idiocracy. Blame it on soy milk.

Just like, it can be easy to assume the FBI has these dastardly plans when, really, they are keystone kops. You watch TV and expect Criminal Minds. In reality, what you get is Homer Simpson.

Reactions: OkieMike
I fingered something out after your reply and then watching the video of the guy talking to NASA.

At first, I thought we went to the moon. Then, for a while, I wondered about it because we have not been back. We accomplished in less than 10 years what we have not done in 50 years, that we know of.

I think now, I have been guilty of ascribing legerdemain to what is simply incompetence.

It's not that our engineers are stupid or that we need the old technology. It's that the people are afraid to say and do what must be done. Society, it seems, could be part of it. Back in the Apollo program, women were women, men were men, and sheep were nervous.

These days, you have men in drag and dresses grinding their crotches in front of children in Grapevine, Texas while communist thugs dressed in black (antifa) stand guard for the drag queens with AR-15s. Our society is more concerned with butt sex than getting to the moon. Allowing a guy with a 5 o'clock shadow to call himself a woman and take all of the records in a women's sport is now the focus, instead of going to the moon.

The first time around, they had no confidence and had to build redundancy.

In addition, what is needed is people who can talk to Satan, I mean, politicians, which is redundant. The politicians can help the funding. Or, at the very least, pay the right bribes so that a private company can get going.

So, we went to the moon, we are just surrounded by the beginnings of idiocracy. Blame it on soy milk.

Just like, it can be easy to assume the FBI has these dastardly plans when, really, they are keystone kops. You watch TV and expect Criminal Minds. In reality, what you get is Homer Simpson.
We went several times... We saw everything there is to see... Collected all the rocks.

Just my opinion here, we did a great thing but I really see no reason to go back.

I'm a bit of a pragmatist when it comes to exploration. And in today's world God forbid you actually set out to make money on a venture... Even though that's what drove most of the famous explorers... Find something valuable or find a shorter, quicker route to move commodities that were already considered valuable.

But yes, our priorities are skewed quite a bit.

Mike

Reactions: Ronws
We went several times... We saw everything there is to see... Collected all the rocks.

Just my opinion here, we did a great thing but I really see no reason to go back.

I'm a bit of a pragmatist when it comes to exploration. And in today's world God forbid you actually set out to make money on a venture... Even though that's what drove most of the famous explorers... Find something valuable or find a shorter, quicker route to move commodities that were already considered valuable.

But yes, our priorities are skewed quite a bit.

Mike
You do have a good point. It has often been mentioned that we could mine the moon for stuff. But the cost of getting there and getting back, it could not be economically feasible. Not going to pay 3 Trillion for something we get out of a mine in Virginia, for example.

But we have the sense of adventure. But we are not going to build a space economy on the equivalent of sailboats.