• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

wvfarrier

Ignorant wretch
Minuteman
Dec 7, 2012
West (By GOD) Virginia
Just got it back from having the cerakote done over the stainless. It started life as a Les Baer Concept V but has had quite a lot of upgrading done. The gun is ridiculously accurate for a handgun.
20230126_122820.jpg
20230126_123008.jpg
20230126_123108.jpg

No he is kinda old school, ya have to call or go in. He is in Uniontown, Pa.

My wife’s dream pistol is a “shiny 1911 that looks like a colt” lol. Have been scoping out places for possibly a gift.

Is he reasonably priced given his size or am I looking at Chambers Custom prices?

he reasonably priced given his size or am I looking at Chambers Custom prices?
Lol small shops should charge more since the main man is doing the work versus a bunch of underlings that do things like mount a scope with one ring cockeyed on the pic rail. (Figured it out when the scope wouldn’t adjust ) And completely forgetting about costing the scope to match the rest of the gun.

Happened with a company that rhymes with crap. Both builds are insanely accurate so they have that going for them

Build list? Looks like a magwell, barrel crown and a front sight? Ignition parts look stock. Never heard of the guy or his shop, not that I know every 1911 wizard. Just always looking for options. Nice gun I’m sure it’s a blast to shoot.

Lol small shops should charge more since the main man is doing the work versus a bunch of underlings that do things like mount a scope with one ring cockeyed on the pic rail. (Figured it out when the scope wouldn’t adjust ) And completely forgetting about costing the scope to match the rest of the gun.

I agree with what you're saying provided they're a fully functioning company. But I was thinking more along the lines of a Subject Matter Expert who has retired or has a healthy day job, who is doing side work. He enjoys the process, has OCD, and knows his shit. If you toss in some genetic generosity, you have a dude who can build (or refine) a world class pistol for fractions of what a custom shop will.

Hell no, he is by far less expensive than any one else I have ever used.
Sounds like I hit the nail on the head then. Badass, definitely going to give him a call when I get around the wife's gift.

Looks like a nice piece. Custom guns, even semi custom, just always seem a bit better. You started with a great gun to begin with!

Baers may not have the best fit and finish, but the one I had shot well, super tight, and had zero issues.

for fit and finish, I'd look at Alchemy now, but I'd own a used Baer easily

Reactions: DubfromGA