• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

It's amazing how someone can get fired for just asking to have the law enforced.

Is she an At Will Employee? If so, she can be fired for any or no reason. I was under the impression that tenured teachers were under a contract but I'm not certain.

If she can get an attorney to take the case she may have the last laugh which is always my favorite.

VooDoo

In Texas tenured teachers are on a contract.
I'd assume that the folks who fired her are fucked beyond belief in this case. As far as I know they can't fire a tenured/contracted teacher without shit loads of infractions. Hopefully she now retires with millions in the bank for being fucked by The System. Of course, Texas residents will pay for that ruling but hopefully they have a means of removing the folks who cost them this slap in the face.

VooDoo

In my understanding, in an at will state they are free from litigation if they do NOT give a reason.

If they simply say to her, your services are no longer needed please do not report to work anymore past X date. Then you have met 'at will' requirements

When you get into reasoning WHY the employment agreement is terminated is when you get into trouble, now it is no longer an at will situation but it is a for cause situation.

If she is a teacher with a contract then it gets far more complicated. I am sure there is a clause that she will not be a racist or make racists statements or something very subjective and loose like that. Any violation voids the contact. Some fruit loop at the school board is going to claim racist even though it isnt't

I know someone that got fired for being racist. She got a job as a teachers assistant, then posted on her private blog (not facebook or anything like that) that people that work the local McDonalds drive through need to learn how to speak English (she was tired of her order getting screwed up every time)
Someone at the school that hired her saw this comment on the blog and terminated her contract as she violated their no racist speech policy. AS I said subjective. She was too stupid and poor to attempt to fight it so she moved on and was just happy it didn't make the local paper/press so she could find employment elsewhere.

Texas teacher creates hostile learning environment for aliens in classes she teaches, by asking for aliens to be removed per law... cant have little Jose' afraid to go to school in sjw world.
Be real curious to see where this goes in civil court. Without a racism issue being attached.

Cant have hostile work environments, easy slide into hostile learning environment...
Too much PC bullshit...

The conservative kids at the school should start breaking the rules.

And ask for the teachers who enforce them to be fired for wanting rules to be followed and appropriate consequences for breaking them.

Oh the hypocrisy

In my understanding, in an at will state they are free from litigation if they do NOT give a reason.

If they simply say to her, your services are no longer needed please do not report to work anymore past X date. Then you have met 'at will' requirements

When you get into reasoning WHY the employment agreement is terminated is when you get into trouble, now it is no longer an at will situation but it is a for cause situation.

If she is a teacher with a contract then it gets far more complicated. I am sure there is a clause that she will not be a racist or make racists statements or something very subjective and loose like that. Any violation voids the contact. Some fruit loop at the school board is going to claim racist even though it isnt't

I know someone that got fired for being racist. She got a job as a teachers assistant, then posted on her private blog (not facebook or anything like that) that people that work the local McDonalds drive through need to learn how to speak English (she was tired of her order getting screwed up every time)
Someone at the school that hired her saw this comment on the blog and terminated her contract as she violated their no racist speech policy. AS I said subjective. She was too stupid and poor to attempt to fight it so she moved on and was just happy it didn't make the local paper/press so she could find employment elsewhere.
Since when does language proficiency have anything to do with race?

Everything.

If it was the other way around and some darker skinned folks in a country where they were a majority were telling some pale faced westerner that they needed to learn the language to get around, not only would it not be a big deal but the SJW idiots would be praising the statement.

A conservative tweeting. There is the problem. You know they protect their echo chamber unless you are the President. She should switch to Gab. The SJWs are terrified of it as it actually allows free speech. Problem solved.

The Constitution applies to all levels of government. The school district/board is a government agency. If she can prove that is the reason she was fired then it should be no contest. Of course that relies on getting a judge that has read the Constitution and has a reading comprehension level above a 3 year old.

The word proficiency is racist.

Remember when leftists used to say "I may disagree with what you say, but I'll fight to the death to defend your right to say it"? That was cool.

Since the leftists have decided they can subjectively determine what actions and thoughts are racist, even when there is no racist motive or thoughts present.

Its funny that the person making this comment about understanding English at the drive thru is a 100% flaming liberal with a heavy dose of white guilt. She does not even care if these people working at McDonalds are illegal, she just wants her order taken correctly, really doesnt care about the rest of it. It was funny to see extreme liberalism backfire in her face and cost her a job, you know I had to point that out to her :D

Is she an At Will Employee? If so, she can be fired for any or no reason. I was under the impression that tenured teachers were under a contract but I'm not certain.

If she can get an attorney to take the case she may have the last laugh which is always my favorite.

VooDoo
Pretty much 100% of elementary through HS public school teachers are unionized. While their union is leftist to its rotten core, its members are protected by the contract their union and the school districts signed.

I'm willing to bet this is a contract violation

Respectfully that's not correct. Legislated laws ( and interpretations, appeals along with innumerable definitions, conditions, mitigating factors, special circumstances, levels of sovereignty, jurisdictions, terms and conditions and even contract language) is what applies here.

To your point however, if this is the reason for her termination she does appear to have the stronger legal argument.

No, he is correct. A school district firing someone for engaging in petitioning the government is most definitely grounds for a civil rights violation under the 1st Amendment, employment law notwithstanding.

Maybe that chapter was missing from the law school books you found in room the last time you stayed in a Holiday Inn?

Negative Ghostrider, if it were that cut and dried they couldn't have made it past the legal review in the first place and nothing in law is that cut and dried.

First (according to various media sources so we must question the accuracy of the information)

she wasn't fired for "political speech" ( which is a vague, nebulous and undefinable term)- she was fired for something between creating a "hostile learning environment" ( whatever that means but it was in one article) to discriminating against certain students ( trying to scream racism but not actually saying so)- no one I have seen yet as shown the exact violation she is alleged to have committed.

I would love to see the actual language of her termination because I'm curious myself.

The fact ( according to an article) that an independent examiner did not support her termination is very telling ( and not surprising to me in the least)

It cannot be a "civil rights violation" unless it directly violates a codified right and that violation must be in accordance with whatever restrictions are codified in the specific law that is allegedly violated. That has not yet been established ( or refuted) by any evidence.

I also assure you that in certain circumstances a legal contract ( where people can negotiate limits to certain "rights" for remuneration and/or other compensation) and/or a collective bargaining agreement can and will trump the written law so given her employment that must be a prime consideration while evaluating this case.

Hope that helps

I'll take your legal advice with the weight it deserves, give you aren't an attorney

“Powell had taken screenshots of the teacher’s tweets and presented them to school officials after her daughter accused Clark of exhibiting racist behavior in the classroom.”

Combine the report of racist behavior in the classroom with the fact that a public school teacher is tweeting regarding politics, what do you expect the school board to do?

That’s what you get for living in California and not a free state like Texas.

I read those tweets and wonder exactly what they could be twisted as the basis of? ( go read them yourself)

She asked Trump for a contact point to have illegals removed in her school system.

Might not be "nice" but certainly not racist ( she never identified a particular group) and doesn't in any way fly in the face of SCOTUS 1982 of Plyler.

I agree but the tweets themselves aren't really the issue I see, but combining them with complaints made by a student about the teacher's racism in the classroom, then it is asking for trouble. I didn't see specifics listed regarding the complaints reported by the student but if they coincide with what is being seen in tweets/previous posts/comments, then the SD's hand is being pushed to avoid fall out. Politics and religion have no place in schools or the workplace...........or family dinner tables lol.

Personally I think you're a fuckin idiot if you have a public social media profile under your real name/info, while employed by someone other than yourself, and you like to frequently comment/post online, especially on decisive issues. Not saying it is right, but its life in 2019. You see it all the time with people being let go by employers because of a tweet, IG post, FB share, etc. Then again, I also hate social media so I might be biased here lol.

Get out and vote people! SkyNet 2020!

Personally I think you're a fuckin idiot if you have a public social media profile under your real name/info, while employed by someone other than yourself, and you like to frequently comment/post online, especially on decisive issues. Not saying it is right, but its life in 2019. You see it all the time with people being let go by employers because of a tweet, IG post, FB share, etc. Then again, I also hate social media so I might be biased here lol.

I resemble that remark....

LOL!

Greg

Texas is an "At Will" State but this does not indemnify you against wrongful termination...

There are still rules that an employer is bound by
If the teacher belongs to a union, she has rights, even "At Will" emplyee's, can't be wrongfully fired. A good lawyer could possibly fix this. Mac?

She should consult with her local mail man on what to when you get fired.

She will sue, settle, and be rehired. Seen it too many times.

tossed out of a mcdonalds and fired for speaking his opinion that others should speak english

He looks like a dick in the video, but hey, it's his opinion, is a free country with freedom of speech (or is it?)

That guy was stupid, but at least he didn't back down.
Unfortunately stupidity like that plays into the communist's hands as shown by them using this in a propaganda video.

Now if you want to have some fun, get to learn their language, including all the street level slang and the insults they call each other.
Then just listen to their conversation and see if they say anything that offends you, then if they do, on your way out just reply back to them in their language at their level....

I eat devour Fruit Loops for (second) breakfast most days...

Greg

I know a guy that got dropped from the end of the swamp portion of Ranger school because he kept a box of fruit loops in his ruck from days before. When he got back to his unit, people would glue fruit loops around his peephole and pin boxes of 'em to his door, hide 'em in his ruck, all sorts of shit.

No reason he shouldn't have made it and it's not like he stole the shit, he just didn't eat it right away when they gave it to him. Saved it for later. I guess that was a no-go though.

That wasn't you was it?

Anyway, back to topic. Once they get rid of 2A, they'll be able to do whatever they want regarding 1A, which will have a lot to do with reprogramming society. If you don't get on board with the program, you'll lose your job and be branded a pariah for life, unable to get work in that field ever again. It's already happening.

Just listen to that Betoff guy, "gonna take your weapons" and "you have no right to fight back against a tryannical govt." and Bloomberg, "I support communism" --guys, these are the 21st century quotes today that stand in stark contrast to historical quotes about liberty and freedom and rule by the people.