• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes It's Finally here! Viper PST 6-24x50 FFP MOA

DamnDave

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 7, 2009
California
Scott at Liberty Optics tricked me! He told me it would ship on Thursday meaning it would get here Monday. Instead he shipped it out on Tuesday and it arrived Friday, today!

If you are wondering:

Model: Vortex Viper PST 6-24x50 FFP MOA
Ordered: End of July 2010
Received: March 4, 2011

Butler Creek Caps
16 Eye (Will come off with a minimal tug, but won't fall off)
43 Obj

The clicks feel great and can't wait to mount this badboy on my R700. IMHO worth every penny.

5498216268_ee72d99df4_z.jpg

Re: It's Finally here! Viper PST 6-24x50 FFP MOA

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: AlliedArmory</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

Model: Vortex Viper PST 6-24x50 FFP MOA
Ordered: End of July 2010

</div></div>

Lucky! At least I'm one closer now.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 40gt</div><div class="ubbcode-body">In case you haven't decided on a Picatinny rail and rings this is how mine is set up on a Savage Target action.

http://forum.gon.com/showthread.php?t=584687&highlight=

40gt </div></div>

Thanks. I already run a EGW 20MOA base and Burris XTR Med rings. I guess I should have got the lows?

Anyone have a good printable target to use for a box test?

Yeah I wonder if the next smaller BC cap would be better for the eye side?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jeffersonv</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Yeah I wonder if the next smaller BC cap would be better for the eye side? </div></div>

I'm not sure. Might be too small. As of right now, the cap fits decently enough for me not to change them.

Does anyone knowif the next size smaller bc cap will fit better on the PST?????

I wrapped some electrical tape on the inside of mine.
It was handy...
I would still like a better fit.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 40gt</div><div class="ubbcode-body">In case you haven't decided on a Picatinny rail and rings this is how mine is set up on a Savage Target action.

40gt</div></div>

Good to know....i have the rings and base...was hoping this combo wld be right, now I see it will be!!!

Now if only the PST would get here....

I have one on order through Liberty optics, sure will be glad to get it.

Allied,

No tricks intended, just didn't get the scopes when I expected..thanks for the nice post.

As for the BC eyepiece...here in the North Land, where my shop is 35 degrees inside, the 14eye had a real hard time getting on the eyepiece...maybe in warm climes it would be a better fit, but in my experience, while the 14eye is much tighter, it won't slide on all the way without extreme force. The electrical tape idea works...but let me know if you guys really prefer the 14eye and I'll change my recommendations

Scott

40gt</div></div> <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: AlliedArmory</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 40gt</div><div class="ubbcode-body">In case you haven't decided on a Picatinny rail and rings this is how mine is set up on a Savage Target action.

40gt </div></div>

Thanks. I already run a EGW 20MOA base and Burris XTR Med rings. I guess I should have got the lows?</div></div>

My Medium rings were too high for me to get a good cheek weld since my B&C stock doesn't have an adjustable cheek piece.

So I have some Burris XTR Medium 30mm rings for sale if anyone is interested in them.

Just got my Low rings today and gonna try them on right now. Heading to the range this Sunday to get some shooting in and will come back with a report.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TonyAngel</div><div class="ubbcode-body">How did those low rings work out for you? </div></div>

Perfecto!
5513067069_85cc288d49_z.jpg

My med rings put mine abit high for a good cheek weld also, think I will try the burris low rings mounted on a 20 MOA base

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LibertyOptics</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
As for the BC eyepiece...here in the North Land, where my shop is 35 degrees inside, the 14eye had a real hard time getting on the eyepiece...maybe in warm climes it would be a better fit, but in my experience, while the 14eye is much tighter, it won't slide on all the way without extreme force. The electrical tape idea works...but let me know if you guys really prefer the 14eye and I'll change my recommendations
Scott </div></div>

Thanks Scott,

If/when I actually get around to finding our for myself, I'll post where you will likely find it.

I've got some bigger fish to fry for the time being...

BTW, clean looking rig Allied.

Thanks for posting, now I know how my rifle will look when I can get the cash saved up, only missing the scope and rings now. Looking forward to the range report.

Tomorrow the Badger bolt knob goes on. Then Sunday is range day!

Hopefully I can do my part.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LibertyOptics</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Allied,

No tricks intended, just didn't get the scopes when I expected..thanks for the nice post.

Scott </div></div>

I believe you are right with the 16 Eye cap. I think the 14 would be too tight. I'll try this black tape trick.

Do you guys just tape it to the inside of the cover?

That's what I did.
You think the 14 would be too tight?
But you haven't tried it?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jeffersonv</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That's what I did.
You think the 14 would be too tight?
But you haven't tried it?
</div></div>

Yes. Scott says that you can't get it all the way on without a LOT of force. I think that would constitute being too tight wouldn't you?

Scott also mentioned that his particular climate may factor in if my memory serves.

Are you taking this into account?

Or are you telling me I should not take it into account?

Northern Montana is a long way from southern Cal.

I have a 14 on my 6-24. The last 1/8 inch was a little tight but I didn't feel that I was putting to much force on the scope. If in doubt use a hair dryer on it for a few minutes and get it good and warm (just the cap not the scope). I bet it will slide right on then.

If you guys want me to I'll try to heat it up and see if it makes any difference.

My worry with the 14 is that if you do get it on it may be stressed or warped a little and make the lid not work right.

I have the #16 & #43 for my 6-24x50mm PST FFP MOA scope and they fit very well.

40gt

PS: OOPS, I just looked inside the Butler Creek Eye piece flip up and it has 14 16 17 molded in it. The box had #16 on it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 40gt</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have the #16 & #43 for my 6-24x50mm PST FFP MOA scope and they fit very well.

40gt

PS: OOPS, I just looked inside the Butler Creek Eye piece flip up and it has 14 16 17 molded in it. The box had #16 on it. </div></div>

#16 and #43 are perfect for my 4-16x50 ffp PST. My objective Butler Creek is marked the same with 14, 16 and 17. They could possibly use the same caps on multiple flip/cap combos or it's a manufacturing thing.

To help get the #14 BC cap on, you could let the scope sit in the freezer for about 45 minutes, and warm up the cap with a hair dryer.

I just ordered a 6x24x50 today. the info here is great. I am glad to finally be a member here. I ordered from SWFA They say It will be here in three days. I am stoked I cant wait to put it on my new rifle! Thanks for the info you guys were a big help in ordering caps.

WOW. Holy Thread Resurrection, Batman....

Welcome to the Hide.

John