• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Its only make believe

Do you smoke the same shit they're smoking?

Any time I hear someone positing a crazy "alternate reality" theory I just want to say - if you believe that dont get out of bed in the morning and let's see how long that theory lasts.

Any time I hear someone positing a crazy "alternate reality" theory I just want to say - if you believe that dont get out of bed in the morning and let's see how long that theory lasts.
I dovbt I could afford what those guys are smoking even if I wanted it.

I ten to agree, but In fairness neither is an 'alternative reality' theory, just postulations as to how this one works. Neither, in my opinion, hits the nail squarely o on the head.

LSD

Reactions: Jscb1b
How religion work!

Attachments

• Religious institutions.jpg
    Religious institutions.jpg
    114.7 KB · Views: 58
  • Love
Reactions: Maggot
I have lived in or around a college town for over thirty years. Back when I was single, I had a favorite bar where I would go shoot pool almost every night after work. One night, I'm standing at one end of the bar, and some random drunk a little ways down yells at me "Hey, I have a philosophical question for you!"

I said "ok, what is it?"

He says "Prove you exist."

I thought for a second, and said smiling "OK, if I walk over there and punch you right in the face and knock you off your bar stool, wouldn't that prove my existence?"

He laughed and said "Yeah, pretty much!"

• Haha
Reactions: Makinchips208
I just liked the Conway Twitty song well all of them

How religion work!

Sadly, that’s millions of peoples views of religion for sure often due to their personal experience, even people who have deeply held beliefs that God exists and wish to follow Him. Just because someone went to seminary and has some advanced degree in theology does not cover up the fact we all are, including them, very broken vessels due to sin, and that often comes out in very damaging and hurtful way’s, especially when it’s done by someone in a leadership position within a church. The fact is, we all need a Savior, from the drug addict on the street to the church leader whose life is polished on the outside, but a dumpster fire behind closed doors; some understand this need and some, despite their upbringing, education, and leadership position, never do, or at least never do until their secret lives are exposed often in ways that lead people to reject not only the human messenger, but the whole message.

What you have seen that leads you to believe this is how religion works is totally valid, as this is exactly how it works at many religious institutions and quite a few churches. That’s why no where in the New Testament are we called into religion; religion is man’s attempt on our own accord, to approach God and reconcile ourselves to Him. This is impossible, it can’t be done. Scripturally, we are reconciled to God through the death of Christ into a new relationship with Him; not into a new religion. I’m disgusted when I see the luxurious lives some church leaders live with luxury vehicles, multiple large homes around the country, private jets, etc. Living in such a manner looks nothing like the sacrificial lives of the first century church leaders, not mention how Jesus lived when He walked the earth. Pastors behaving in such a way, at least for me, does not invalidate the existence of God, nor His message in His written word. Religious leaders acting in this way actually validates scripture, which, if you read it, predicts such behavior and casts shade it. Once you understand that, it’s easy to see what is really motivating them, and it’s not God.

For every church leader who is getting rich off their congregants, miss using their position, abusing the power people have given them, and abusing people around them in the worst of ways, there are hundreds of small churches with pastors quietly not doing those things who are faithfully bringing the message of reconciliation to their congregations week after week. Sadly, the only thing that gets reported on are those who are failing miserably in the most public of ways.

My encouragement is to avoid man made religion, read the Bible from Matthew to Revelation and then the Old Testament, then do it again and see how the Holy Spirit will point out different stuff to you. Seek the Lord and you will find He’s not someone man up; it’s actually the opposite.

Sadly, that’s millions of peoples views of religion for sure often due to their personal experience, even people who have deeply held beliefs that God exists and wish to follow Him. Just because someone went to seminary and has some advanced degree in theology does not cover up the fact we all are, including them, very broken vessels due to sin, and that often comes out in very damaging and hurtful way’s, especially when it’s done by someone in a leadership position within a church. The fact is, we all need a Savior, from the drug addict on the street to the church leader whose life is polished on the outside, but a dumpster fire behind closed doors; some understand this need and some, despite their upbringing, education, and leadership position, never do, or at least never do until their secret lives are exposed often in ways that lead people to reject not only the human messenger, but the whole message.

What you have seen that leads you to believe this is how religion works is totally valid, as this is exactly how it works at many religious institutions and quite a few churches. That’s why no where in the New Testament are we called into religion; religion is man’s attempt on our own accord, to approach God and reconcile ourselves to Him. This is impossible, it can’t be done. Scripturally, we are reconciled to God through the death of Christ into a new relationship with Him; not into a new religion. I’m disgusted when I see the luxurious lives some church leaders live with luxury vehicles, multiple large homes around the country, private jets, etc. Living in such a manner looks nothing like the sacrificial lives of the first century church leaders, not mention how Jesus lived when He walked the earth. Pastors behaving in such a way, at least for me, does not invalidate the existence of God, nor His message in His written word. Religious leaders acting in this way actually validates scripture, which, if you read it, predicts such behavior and casts shade it. Once you understand that, it’s easy to see what is really motivating them, and it’s not God.

For every church leader who is getting rich off their congregants, miss using their position, abusing the power people have given them, and abusing people around them in the worst of ways, there are hundreds of small churches with pastors quietly not doing those things who are faithfully bringing the message of reconciliation to their congregations week after week. Sadly, the only thing that gets reported on are those who are failing miserably in the most public of ways.

My encouragement is to avoid man made religion, read the Bible from Matthew to Revelation and then the Old Testament, then do it again and see how the Holy Spirit will point out different stuff to you. Seek the Lord and you will find He’s not someone man up; it’s actually the opposite.
I am an atheist, always have been (even when I was a child) and always will be . God was created by man. But each to their own beliefs/ opinions.

Reactions: Herb Stoner
I am an atheist, always have been (even when I was a child) and always will be . God was created by man. But each to their own beliefs/ opinions.

I get it. We were, I believe and as evidenced by how all people live their lives, created to be worshipers; we all worship something. Theres are really only two things, when you break it down, one can choose to worship; God our creator, or humanity. Humanity is not looking so good. I admire your faith and will agree to disagree in this instance as to the existence of our creator.

Reactions: Lange Carabine
I can respect an honorable atheist. I'm more concerned in how a man treats his fellow man than if he believes in a divine.

But a question.

I it were proven there is a divine, would you change how you conduct yourself?,

I get it. We were, I believe and as evidenced by how all people live their lives, created to be worshipers; we all worship something. Theres are really only two things, when you break it down, one can choose to worship; God our creator, or humanity. Humanity is not looking so good. I admire your faith and will agree to disagree in this instance as to the existence of our creator.
You may not need to disagree.

I think it an assumption to say that if you dont worship God you worship humanity/humanist. Though my logic and personal experience tell me there is divine, I've been in a place I can understand one not. But that doesnt mean he worships humanity, logically, only tha he denies the divine.

If you see your fellow man with compassion, and much like yourself, treat him that way, youve done half of it anyway. You dont have to worship anything,...Though it can be beneficial if you worship the right thing.

Not my original thought: There are two kinds of atheist's:
1) Philosophical atheists who must deny causation to uphold their position, and​
2) Practical atheists who refuse to believe because they don't like the consequences of believing.​
All other types postulated on the interwebs boil down to those two.
If one honestly wants to work with God there is not much time available to figure out how.
Encouragement.

I can respect an honorable atheist. I'm more concerned in how a man treats his fellow man than if he believes in a divine.

But a question.

I it were proven there is a divine, would you change how you conduct yourself?,

To answer your question, if a divine was proven I would not change how I conduct myself or even how I treat others. I have always treated others how I wish to be treated and I have always treated people the same irrespective if they clean the company toilets or own the company. That's the way I was brought up.

My good friend at work is a devout Christian and we have always got on well, respective of religion and respected each others views. I attended his religious church wedding and we have many a good conversation about religion and atheism. We also discussed how his mother's cancer and the birth of disabled son tested his belief and faith.

There are good and bad in all, irrespective of whatever demographic is applied be it religion, race, skin colour, nationality, etc.

Reactions: Maggot
To answer your question, if a divine was proven I would not change how I conduct myself or even how I treat others. I have always treated others how I wish to be treated and I have always treated people the same irrespective if they clean the company toilets or own the company. That's the way I was brought up.

My good friend at work is a devout Christian and we have always got on well, respective of religion and respected each others views. I attended his religious church wedding and we have many a good conversation about religion and atheism. We also discussed how his mother's cancer and the birth of disabled son tested his belief and faith.

There are good and bad in all, irrespective of whatever demographic is applied be it religion, race, skin colour, nationality, etc.
Great reply. Your second line says it all, and is the second basic tenant of the teaching of Christ. Therefore: Believing or not, youre doing what Christ commanded. ;) Carry on.