• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

It's the end of hte world as we know it...

ArcticLight

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 27, 2003
Silverdale, WA
and I feel fine...

But these dumb8sses don't because they spent all their life savings thinking today was the end of the world.

<span style="font-weight: bold">
Apocalypse believers wait vigilantly for the end after months of preparing; skeptics carry on
By Associated Press, Updated: Saturday, May 21, 4:38 PM

OAKLAND, Calif. — They spent months warning the world of the apocalypse, some giving away earthly belongings or draining their savings accounts. And so they waited, vigilantly, on Saturday for the appointed hour to arrive.

When 6 p.m. came and went at various spots around the globe, including the East Coast of the United States, and no extraordinary cataclysm occurred, Keith Bauer — who hopped in his minivan in Maryland and drove his family 3,000 miles to California for the Rapture — took it in stride.

“I had some skepticism but I was trying to push the skepticism away because I believe in God,” he said in the bright morning sun outside the gated Oakland headquarters of Family Radio International, whose founder, Harold Camping, has been broadcasting the apocalyptic prediction for years. “I was hoping for it because I think heaven would be a lot better than this earth,”

But he added, “It’s God who leads you, not Harold Camping.”

Bauer, a tractor-trailer driver, began the voyage west last week, figuring that if he “worked last week, I wouldn’t have gotten paid anyway, if the Rapture did happen.” After seeing the nonprofit ministry’s base of operations, Bauer planned to take a day trip to the Pacific Ocean, and then start the cross-country drive back home Sunday with his wife, young son and another family relative.

The May 21 doomsday message was sent far and wide via broadcasts and websites by Camping, an 89-year-old retired civil engineer who has built a multi-million-dollar Christian media empire that publicizes his apocalyptic prediction. According to Camping, the destruction was likely to have begun its worldwide march as it became 6 p.m. in the various time zones, although some believers said Saturday the exact timing was never written in stone.

In New York’s Times Square, Robert Fitzpatrick, of Staten Island, said he was surprised when 6 p.m. came and went. He had spent his own money to put up advertising about the end of the world.

“I can’t tell you what I feel right now,” he said, surrounded by tourists. “I don’t understand it. I don’t know. I don’t understand what happened.

“Obviously, I haven’t understood it correctly because we’re still here,” he said.

Many followers said though the sun rose Saturday without the foretold earthquakes, plagues, and other calamities, the delay was a further test from God to persevere in their faith.

“It’s still May 21 and God’s going to bring it,” said Family Radio’s special projects coordinator Michael Garcia, who spent Saturday morning praying and drinking two last cups of coffee with his wife at home in Alameda. “When you say something and it doesn’t happen, your pride is what’s hurt. But who needs pride? God said he resists the proud and gives grace to the humble.”

At Chicago’s Millennium Park, hours before 6 p.m. arrived locally, people continued to take photographs of the famed Cloud Gate as they do every other Saturday — and poked fun at the Judgment Day prophecy.

“I guess the whole school thing was a waste of time,” said Sarah Eaton, a 19-year-old college student visiting the city from St. Paul, Minn.

( Ted S. Warren / Associated Press ) - Caroline Dennewith, co-owner of Dorky’s Arcade in Tacoma, Wash., poses for a photo, Friday, May 20, 2011 with a poster advertising her business’ ”Rapture Party,” which will be held Saturday, May 21, 2011, the day on which a loosely organized Christian movement believes Jesus will return to Earth to gather the faithful. Dennewith says she has received international media attention and some isolated local criticism for what started out as a low-key party in response to predictions of the rapture.

</span>

Re: It's the end of hte world as we know it...

I saw 3 (moving?) trucks which looked to be nearly new in Barron, WI on thursday. They were all painted to say the world was ending today and to come to some church or another.

On the other hand I'm down with a nasty flu and was hoping for sweet relief today.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Austan</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I saw 3 (moving?) trucks which looked to be nearly new in Barron, WI on thursday. They were all painted to say the world was ending today and to come to some church or another.

On the other hand I'm down with a nasty flu and was hoping for sweet relief today. </div></div>

LOL I absolutely UNDERSTAND that feeling!!!!!!!!

How the hell Monday do you ask if you can have your job back? I feel sorry for those that sold everything there kids college funds and quit there jobs.

I decided to bring in the end of the world by having sex my girlfriend.

no better way of ending it all than blowing your load!

Too bad it went from "end all" to just a saturday afternoon romp. Oh well, more this evening and tomorrow I suppose...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ArcticLight</div><div class="ubbcode-body">and I feel fine...

But these dumb8sses don't because they spent all their life savings thinking today was the end of the world.

<span style="font-weight: bold">
Apocalypse believers wait vigilantly for the end after months of preparing; skeptics carry on
By Associated Press, Updated: Saturday, May 21, 4:38 PM

OAKLAND, Calif. &#151; They spent months warning the world of the apocalypse, some giving away earthly belongings or draining their savings accounts. And so they waited, vigilantly, on Saturday for the appointed hour to arrive.

</span></div></div>
I would say they didn't screw up to bad if they had fun spending the money. You could work your ass off for YEARS and a divorce can take it all away too. Except you don't have as many good memories.
smile.gif
Just happy when it is all over with.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jrb572</div><div class="ubbcode-body">How the hell Monday do you ask if you can have your job back? I feel sorry for those that sold everything there kids college funds and quit there jobs. </div></div>

I feel sorry for us. We have to deal with whoever these idiots vote for.