• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

It's time I get into 22... Rifle suggestions por favor

taseal

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Apr 18, 2011
SE FL
Hello Gents,

Long time no talk for me on this forum. I got into hobby of precision shooting about 12 years ago and it started right here. I asked what is the best sniper rifle I could buy, and you can imagine the hate I got lol. I still remember it. After learning a ton about this sport, I had a rifle blueprinted in 30-06 from a Remington 700 chassis and created a sub half moa rifle and learned how to reload my own ammo... That rifle cost me alot of money to build and I don't see ever selling her.

Well that was decade ago. I don't shot her as much anymore unfortunately. She sits in my safe, waiting one day to be replaced by a 6.5mm (which was just starting out back then. .308 was still popular when I got into this hobby).

anyways... I looked into rimfire precision shooting about 10 years ago as well, and it really wasn't that popular. I remember the CZ and the Anschutz was it was fairly still new if I remember it. Now I see rimfire guys shooting 300-500 yards and that's wild to me lol.

I want to purchase a rimfire precision rifle that I can go have fun at 25-100 yards with...

I've kind of narrowed it down to Tika T1X or the Savage MK II. They vary in cost a decent amount (also need new stock, scope etc) so I came here to ask for some advice. I know the group here is pretty good (at least used to be!) and can point me in the right direction. I looked and didn't see any 22nrl stuff near me unless I want to travel 2-3 hours away from my home which is kinda far. so I feel like I will be doing backyard shooting and some local range stuff. Nothing too crazy... so that makes me wonder if I should spend the extra money on a Tika when I won't be doing anything too WILD...

Thoughts?? do I spend the extra money on the Tika, or just get a MK II and put a stock and scope.

oh and it needs to be threaded for my suppressor so I can shoot in backyard :)

Both would be plenty accurate for your purposes, depends on if you think the comforts of the Tikka are worth spending the extra money on. You can buy inexpensive add ons for the Tikka from Beretta (beavertail fore-end, vertical grip, t3 buttpad for LOP) and a cheek riser from Victor Company while you save up for a nice stock/chassis. Every Savage Tupperware I've come across I wanted to replace immediately.

I'm a T1x fanboy so wait for more input but I suspect it'll be similar feedback.

Tikka T1X for sure. The T1X can take you out to 300-500yds. just get a 20 to 25 moa rail and a scope that can dial to 500yds. I have a Swfa SS 20X mil scope that has 30 mils.

Yeah I noticed Tika is preferred here. Even over CZ it seems. I know Savage is kind of entry level, and I do believe in buy once, cry once.

oh, no rails on the Tika? I'd have to get that huh? added expense. lol

oh, and i'm a lefty... so for bolt actions, that's never fun. but I don't think semi is the answer for me either. I have an AR7 that I have fun with.

From the bench? Or positional? How limited is your budget? If you are legitimately broke AF, get the Savage. Otherwise buy a CZ in chassis. I know, you asked about the T1X. I’ve got 15K through mine. CZ is easier to change the barrel. I would go that way.

Reactions: Westcoast308
How long do these 22 barrels last that ease of barrel change is something to consider?

It would be both depending on what I am doing. I'm not much of a bench guy, but I mostly shoot bench lol.

Budget limit is umm... also dependant on how much I want to spend LOL. I would say 600-800. For Tika that's the rifle and a OK scope.

For the Savage it's the rifle, better stock and an OK scope.

CZ in chassis is over my budget unfortunately. I already looked at that.

I can get a Tika for about 500. the CZ (let alone in chassis one) forget about it.

Alright, I found a CZ457 Suppressor ready for $630... It looks like it has a half decent stock too.

So we're at

Tika for $500
CZ457 for $630
Mk II for $225.

I will need a 200-300 scope and CZ/Tika needs scope rail. Tika kinda needs a better stock.

I have both, a Tx1, and a MKII.
I do notice the Tx1 shoots better than the Savage on a consistent level, but not buy much. ( im not going to split hairs over groups ).

I dont regret getting the savage. I have it in a Boyds stock, with a check raiser, 4x10x44 Weaver scope. Love it!

The Tx1 I put in a Bravo chassis and it fits me like a glove! I have 600 in the TX1, 350 in optics, and 300 fir the chassis.
Worth every damm Penny!

If your fundamentals are not solid, your not really going to notice a big difference.

And buy more ammo!

Don't buy anything yet. Go to a few matches (there is usually a loaner rifle), see what everyone is shooting, try a few different rifles (most will let you at least sit behind their gun). Decide what you want to buy after you learn what you like.

Don't forget that there are probably some used rifles that you can get from some of the shooters at a reduced price.

Edited: Changed loaned rifle to loaner rifle)

Savage has been accurate, just have to put up with their extraction and magazine issues. Haven’t seen a savage at a 22 match in a couple years. I remember them being pretty accurate, but also the most problem prone of any manufacturer. Extractor issues on at least three different rigs, and magazines that would dump half their rounds all over the ground if you didn’t handle them gently.

Kind of heartbreaking watching a guy shoot an almost perfect string of fire and then have a case that won’t extract and time out, saw that multiple times. Seen it on other brands too, but mostly savage from my experience. Surprisingly, the next biggest extraction/ejection failure prone 22 brand I have observed is Anschutz, followed by the Ruger American.

Everyone in my area either migrated to CZ or Tikka on the low end, or 10/22’s. If going the CZ route definitely get a heavy barrel model as they usually shoot well. Their thin profile barrels have been pretty hit or miss on accuracy.

Don't buy anything yet. Go to a few matches (there is usually a loaner rifle), see what everyone is shooting, try a few different rifles (most will let you at least sit behind their gun). Decide what you want to buy after you learn what you like.

Don't forget that there are probably some used rifles that you can get from some of the shooters at a reduced price.

Edited: Changed loaned rifle to loaner rifle)

I'd love to. the nearest from me is in Tampa or Daytona Beach, both of which are over 2 hours.

Now I'm sure it's worth the drive, but I would hate to go there and ask if someone would lend me a rifle.

I guess I could take my AR7 and show them what's up :D

I'm thinking get a Savage Mk II... show my wife how fun it can be, then tell her that's now hers and I'm getting myself another one. LOL

I do want to get my daughter into shooting as well. I had her try the AR7, but it's too bulky for her (one is almost 8 and other is 6.. younger one is more like me and into cars and guns. older one doesn't really care lol) Might get them one of those Rascals in yellow and put some pokemon stickers on it lol

Savage has been accurate, just have to put up with their extraction and magazine issues. Haven’t seen a savage at a 22 match in a couple years. I remember them being pretty accurate, but also the most problem prone of any manufacturer. Extractor issues on at least three different rigs, and magazines that would dump half their rounds all over the ground if you didn’t handle them gently.

Kind of heartbreaking watching a guy shoot an almost perfect string of fire and then have a case that won’t extract and time out, saw that multiple times. Seen it on other brands too, but mostly savage from my experience. Surprisingly, the next biggest extraction/ejection failure prone 22 brand I have observed is Anschutz, followed by the Ruger American.

Everyone in my area either migrated to CZ or Tikka on the low end, or 10/22’s. If going the CZ route definitely get a heavy barrel model as they usually shoot well. Their thin profile barrels have been pretty hit or miss on accuracy.

Yeah, HB for sure. I need the threads (must be able to put on a supressor)

people actually use 10/22s? Are they accurate enough to fight with the big boys?

I saw someone (not here... yt) mention Thompson/Center T/CR22 in lieu of a 10/22. I really liked it, but not sure if it'll do what I'm asking for it to do.

Especially shooting colibri/super colibri and cycle... which it won't do. I enjoy shooting those in my backyard and teaching my kids how to shoot a rifle with them.

10/22 platform is rabbit hole for $$$ and parts, stick with a bolt action to avoid excessive aggravation. I’ve spent way too much time and money on 10/22 platforms getting them to a stage that performs semi reliably.

T/C is a hammer fired system with a long lock time, better be perfect in your form. Also real easy to get dirty with the exposed hammer system.

Reactions: 10ring1
Reactions: Appalachian
Savage has been accurate, just have to put up with their extraction and magazine issues.
Experience shows get yourself a CZ or Tikka. Don't fuck around with anything under ~$500. A Rimfire rifle will last you ~50,000 rounds. So...at $500, the cost per round is $.50 at 1,000 rounds, $.05 at Ten thousand rounds... and $0.01 at 50,000. The base rifle is basically free. :LOL::censored:

Sir, most guns will get the job done with great ammo (3MOA or less, some by quite a bit).
You ask about those two, and I get that price is a factor, but I’ll throw another suggestion at you:
A Bergara B14-R lefty barreled action. That’s gonna likely eat up the budget but- it’s a Remington 700 short action clone, able to share stocks, triggers, and scope rails with the centerfire you already own. It has a detachable 10 round AICS pattern magazine and requires that style release/bottom metal (mag well-trigger guard).
This gives you a similar manual of arms, interchangeable parts, and a barreled action as competitive as the full custom builds out there (at least to 400-500 yards 😉).
You can compromise, or you can buy once-cry once.
As for stats, in about 4 years of helping host barricade matches from NRL22 and 22X matches, to PRS style and sanctioned MARS matches, in quantity of rifles used:
CZ bolt guns (452,455,457 models)plus custom shop builds and home builds.
Ruger bolt guns (usually the precision rimfire model)
Vudoo (full custom rifles in Remington 700 clone footprint).
Bergara (a few bolt guns, but also Ruger 10/22 clones).
Rim-X (another full custom Remington 700 clone footprint)
Christensen Arms Ranger (ultra light weight bolt gun that uses 10/22 magazines).
Someone may have used a Tikka with us, but I don’t recall it, however with folks driving near 6 hours to compete with us, and no published equipment lists, I’m just running on memory.
Hope you enjoy whatever you buy👍

I started out 2 years ago with a ruger rprr, got lucky mine will shoot minute of golf ball at 100 most days. Then bought a Bergara b14r, whole different animal. Rem700 plwtform means newrly limitless options, with cheap ammo it does not outshoot the ruger by much, BUT with SK it improves by a good bit. Recently was gifted a T1X, have not got a chance to shoot it much due to work amd weather, but overall i really like the short 45deg bolt throw and it seems to shoot well. Have never shot a CZ so cant speak on it. I will say that i am in same boat, icurrently have 125ish yards, soon to hqve 200yds at home. I have had more fu. Shooting rimfire at distance than anything else i have shot in a long time, cheap, challenging, and its a hoot to send one at 100 plus and wait for the sound of steel after the delayed flight.

Sir, most guns will get the job done with great ammo (3MOA or less, some by quite a bit).
You ask about those two, and I get that price is a factor, but I’ll throw another suggestion at you:
A Bergara B14-R lefty barreled action. That’s gonna likely eat up the budget but- it’s a Remington 700 short action clone, able to share stocks, triggers, and scope rails with the centerfire you already own. It has a detachable 10 round AICS pattern magazine and requires that style release/bottom metal (mag well-trigger guard).
This gives you a similar manual of arms, interchangeable parts, and a barreled action as competitive as the full custom builds out there (at least to 400-500 yards 😉).
You can compromise, or you can buy once-cry once.
As for stats, in about 4 years of helping host barricade matches from NRL22 and 22X matches, to PRS style and sanctioned MARS matches, in quantity of rifles used:
CZ bolt guns (452,455,457 models)plus custom shop builds and home builds.
Ruger bolt guns (usually the precision rimfire model)
Vudoo (full custom rifles in Remington 700 clone footprint).
Bergara (a few bolt guns, but also Ruger 10/22 clones).
Rim-X (another full custom Remington 700 clone footprint)
Christensen Arms Ranger (ultra light weight bolt gun that uses 10/22 magazines).
Someone may have used a Tikka with us, but I don’t recall it, however with folks driving near 6 hours to compete with us, and no published equipment lists, I’m just running on memory.
Hope you enjoy whatever you buy👍
This was great info. Thanks!

I'm surprised no Tikas. Perhaps because it's newer?

The bergara looks real nice and I'm sure it's a shooter. It's just too high in cost for me atm.

Also I would like a lefty bolt gun but then it goes against how i shoot my other bolt rifles which are righty. It would be another manual of arms I'd have to learn.

As silly as it sounds, staying handicap kind of helps me in the long run. Perhaps a second 22 rifle could be lefty...

For the bergara... is the carbon one the one people want, or the regular b14r the one?

Between the Tikka, CZ and Savage, I’d get the CZ.

I bought my son a 457 and it was so much fun to shoot that I got a T1x for me. Ended up selling the tikka because it just wasn’t as nice as the CZ.

Between the Tikka, CZ and Savage, I’d get the CZ.

I bought my son a 457 and it was so much fun to shoot that I got a T1x for me. Ended up selling the tikka because it just wasn’t as nice as the CZ.

What was it? The action? The groups? Trigger?

Cz so far...

I should have done a poll.

OP, if you really believe in "buy once cry once", you wouldn't be considering an entry level rifle...which is what most of you and others have suggested.

To be clear, yes, I consider CZ and Tikka "entry level", anything under that in price point is below entry level.

I suggest you double your budget, double it again, then double it one more time...you will begin entering the fun zone. Save up now, rather than buying "what you can afford today". If you go with the "I can afford _________ today", you'll spend money upgrading until there is no gain on investment, replace it with something else, roll through that process a couple more times, and by the time you decide to jump to the premium level you could have bought two of them.

Don't let me dissuade you though, just speaking from experience.

Last edited:
Reactions: skyrep and rookie7
Oh man. So I've been reading and reading here and people have said b14r is the best, then some others say tika is the one to get... and then some say bergara and tika is horrible and cz is the one to get.

My head is spinning. Sounds like I just need to pick the best based on cost and start journey from there. Cz457 pro varmint would be the best cost one....

I'll keep reading everyone's comments and suggestions though. It's opened my eyes. It's been very heplful

As you go down in price to savage level, it becomes more of a dice roll- you might get one that shoots great, or not so much. My savage got me started in nrl22 and I still keep it around as a back up. I use a Kidd currently.
for a cheap 250 rifle it performs way better than it should. No doubt there is very little refinement here- rough machining heavy trigger, flimsy stock.
I loaned one to a shooting acquaintance to try out. We had a 12” steel target at 305. I opened up my data book ( yes I am a dinosaur and don’t yet have tech like phone apps or kestrels) we spun the dope on the scope, and with moderate priced ammo (SK) he hit the 305 target 8/10 times which I think is pretty good

but if I was going to do it again, CZ or Tikka seem the best budget options.

Reactions: 30calDeath
1679967245311.gif

NO 22 FOR YOU!

Lutfen
As you go down in price to savage level, it becomes more of a dice roll- you might get one that shoots great, or not so much. My savage got me started in nrl22 and I still keep it around as a back up. I use a Kidd currently.
for a cheap 250 rifle it performs way better than it should. No doubt there is very little refinement here- rough machining heavy trigger, flimsy stock.
I loaned one to a shooting acquaintance to try out. We had a 12” steel target at 305. I opened up my data book ( yes I am a dinosaur and don’t yet have tech like phone apps or kestrels) we spun the dope on the scope, and with moderate priced ammo (SK) he hit the 305 target 8/10 times which I think is pretty good

but if I was going to do it again, CZ or Tikka seem the best budget options.

Someone said to consider lefty rifle and I was against it...

Now I'm thinking a lefty rifle.

Might just go bergara 14r lefty. Found one dor 930.

Also thought of tika lefty, but by the time I add rail, stock, I'm at bergara cost

Went from 225 rifle to 930 rifle. Shoot me. If finds out, imma find out how bad 22s can sting.

One does not simply buy only one precision .22 LR rifle. Buy once, cry once.

Go for the best that you can get. I finally got a Vudoo and highly recommend it.

You also cannot go wrong with an Anschutz.

Reactions: ma smith
One does not simply buy only one precision .22 LR rifle. Buy once, cry once.

Go for the best that you can get. I finally got a Vudoo and highly recommend it.

You also cannot go wrong with an Anschutz.

How much are these vudoos?

I see around 3k.

But there is a v60 barelled action (i guess just needs a stock?) For around 1500?

That's too much for now. I'll cry for bergara. Vudoo will make me cry in pain from wife because I'll either get shot with it or get run over

CZ 457 IMHO is the way to go. Cost effective. Easy to work on (upgrade) Yo-Dave trigger spring has my trigger pull weight below 1/2 pound. Just using the stock trigger and spring you can get pull weight below 2 pounds.

Quality and Value

How much are these vudoos?

I see around 3k.

But there is a v60 barelled action (i guess just needs a stock?) For around 1500?

That's too much for now. I'll cry for bergara. Vudoo will make me cry in pain from wife because I'll either get shot with it or get run over
I hear you. I’ve been down the same road before.

Lots of people smarter than me love the Begara and make them shoot to perfection.

Check it out for yourself but I’ve read that some owners upgrade the trigger on the Begara.

Reactions: Bgriff008
I hear you. I’ve been down the same road before.

Lots of people smarter than me love the Begara and make them shoot to perfection.

Check it out for yourself but I’ve read that some owners upgrade the trigger on the Begara.

Yep. That's about thr only thing i read. I'm looking at their centerfire series now too.

Got me thinking maybe later down the road get myself a LH full size rifle in 6.5...

Good duo.

Surprisingly, the 22lr cost more than the centerfike variants.

1EAB97E3-753D-40FD-AEDB-C05CD936702C.jpeg

Sorry for the late reply.
The Bergara in the foreground has their 18” all steel barrel. The CZ in the rear has the 24” barrel.
The Bergara chamber engraves, the CZ does not. The Bergara factory trigger is heavier than I’d prefer, but manageable, the CZ is perhaps the best modern factory offering I’ve tested (and I own Sako’s which use practically the same trigger as the Tikka T1-X).
There are more stock options for the Bergara, however this particular version of the CZ accepts AR style stock accessories, and the list is growing, plus there are aftermarket CZ stocks which are as good as any Remington clone (the MDT offerings come to mind). Being a person blessed to have owned a few guns over the years, I will say ownership of a rifle that one doesn’t have to fret over is liberating. Modern finishes, alloy chassis and synthetic stocks, all which are durable, modular, and robust, makes for a rifle you can spend more time enjoying rather than babying. Yes, you can drop such barreled actions in deluxe walnut to go afield, but on the firing line, a target stock, tweaked to your own physique, is unparalleled.

Now that someone mentioned lefty actions, I'm taking a hard look at them...

Kinda took cz457 out of the fight because they don't offer it how i want it and the only lefty version isn't even in stock anywhere. I would have def gone for the pro varmint edition

Leaves tikka 16 or 20 lefty for about 550 or 900 for bergara lefty.

Last edited:
What was it? The action? The groups? Trigger?

Cz so far...

I should have done a poll.

Cycling the bolt just wasn't as nice. It wasn't as smooth and didn't feel the same quality.

A simple spring change on both the Tikka and CZ made them superb. The spring change on the Tikka was much easier though. Just back out a screw and replace the spring. You need to knock out a roll pin on the CZ.

It probably wasn't a truly fair comparison. The CZ I got for my son has a heavier varmint barrel and the Tikka had a thinner barrel.

Groupings were similar, but the CZ was slightly better.

All of that is why I sold the Tikka, plus I'm a lefty and I wanted an actual lefty bolt 22.

I ended up getting a Vudoo, but that's quite the jump in price.

If I were doing it and trying to keep costs down. You can get the B14R in a steel barreled action.

CZ did make the 457 in .22LR starting last year. Before then it seemed you could only find it in .17 in LH and then you would have had to convert it to 22 with a barrel change.

Cycling the bolt just wasn't as nice. It wasn't as smooth and didn't feel the same quality.

A simple spring change on both the Tikka and CZ made them superb. The spring change on the Tikka was much easier though. Just back out a screw and replace the spring. You need to knock out a roll pin on the CZ.

It probably wasn't a truly fair comparison. The CZ I got for my son has a heavier varmint barrel and the Tikka had a thinner barrel.

Groupings were similar, but the CZ was slightly better.

All of that is why I sold the Tikka, plus I'm a lefty and I wanted an actual lefty bolt 22.

I ended up getting a Vudoo, but that's quite the jump in price.

If I were doing it and trying to keep costs down. You can get the B14R in a steel barreled action.

CZ did make the 457 in .22LR starting last year. Before then it seemed you could only find it in .17 in LH and then you would have had to convert it to 22 with a barrel change.

Yeah so I looked at Tikka and nobody really offers a good solution to the stock Tikka has (if you're buying the lefty version) there is a KRG chassis that I really liked but they don't offer it in lefty.

CZ does have a lefty, but I can't find one online and I don't like the stock on it and I do need a threaded barrel, so that's out of the question.

so I'm really left with overpriced Bergara or not too satisfied Tikka.

Kinda disappointed now. I feel like I made one big circle.

Still need rings, optic and rail.

Yeah so I looked at Tikka and nobody really offers a good solution to the stock Tikka has (if you're buying the lefty version) there is a KRG chassis that I really liked but they don't offer it in lefty.

CZ does have a lefty, but I can't find one online and I don't like the stock on it and I do need a threaded barrel, so that's out of the question.

If you are open to a chassis, both MPA and XLR offer great chassis for the Tikka in LH

There is a lefty (ambi) chassis for the T1x, but it's pricey. I have an XLR Element on a centerfire Tikka T3x and love it. Haven't decided yet to spring for one on my lefty T1x, currently I'm good with an OEM T3x stock and extended pistol grip. But, worth considering.

I have a Tikka T1X. I put it in a KRG Bravo, but it is back in the Factory stock, for factory class. The Tikka T1X stock is a good a very good stock.

The Bergara B14R is not a overpriced for what you get. The B14R is a Step Up from factory CZ and T1X, IMO, it have a great stock, you don't have to replace it. and is fully adjustable and aluminum under frame. B14R is a Remington 40x clone, a full size action like a centerfire. The B14R will take any 700 remington trigger. I have Trigger Tech Diamond in both of mine. By the time you replace a stock on a CZ or T1X, you are at or over the cost of the B14R. Both of my B14R run with the Vudoo.s and RimX custom action guns in matches.

CZ has the most after market products, barrels, chassis, etc.

Rimfire can be a deep rabbit hole. You don't want to start with low cost gun and have to replace it later. Get something you can add parts, if you want to.
Good luck

The Bergara B14R is not a overpriced for what you get.

CZ has the most after market products, barrels, chassis, etc.

Rimfire can be a deep rabbit hole. You don't want to start with low cost gun and have to replace it later. Get something you can add parts, if you want to.
Good luck
Generally agreed here, although other than the barrel I’d argue the B14R has more aftermarket support, being in their R700 ecosphere.

I do think you’d be happy with the core function of any of the three T1x / CZ 457 / B14R. When comparing prices though, make sure you’re tracking how much it’ll cost you to get it the way you want. Off-the-shelf prices don’t much matter if you spend another $500 on a stock, $50-100 on a rail, $200 on a trigger…although those may be harder for your wife to notice.

Reactions: taseal and obx22
I shoot left handed and prefer having left hand bolt actions. I have stuck with Savage MkII rifles since they have always been easier to find in my area in left hand versions.

When it comes to Savage rimfire rifles, I will suggest one with the heavier varmint barrel. And I see the same recommendations for CZ rifles too. Yes Savage is definitely entry level and some just love to hate on anything made by Savage. A Savage will not be as smooth or as nicely finished as a CZ, Tikka or Bergara rifle. But if you are on a tighter budget then there is nothing wrong with a Savage MkII. And if you can live with a right handed rifle on a tight budget then I will suggest the Savage Mk II FV-SR which has a threaded heavy profile barrel.

The only problem with the Savage MkII is that Savage does not offer a left hand version with a threaded barrel. And the only left hand version with the heavier varmint stock is the stainless steel MkII BTVLSS in a Boyds thumbhole stock. I have a MkII BTVLSS that is a very accurate rifle right out of the box, though I have since put it in a chassis stock.

I bought my MkII BTVLSS in 2016 and have not had any feed or extraction issues what so ever.

It is rare enough to find left handed Savage rimfire rifles where I live and I have never seen any other brands in left hand at all.

If you are open to a chassis, both MPA and XLR offer great chassis for the Tikka in LH

Care you link me? I just saw the XLR someone linked, which I'm going to comment in the next post to reply to him.

There is a lefty (ambi) chassis for the T1x, but it's pricey. I have an XLR Element on a centerfire Tikka T3x and love it. Haven't decided yet to spring for one on my lefty T1x, currently I'm good with an OEM T3x stock and extended pistol grip. But, worth considering.

Thanks for that. I was going to say, YIKES 7 month wait. but price isn't too bad, then I realized 375 doesn't include the butt stock which almost cost as much as the chassis itself. PHEW. lol (don't forget a grip for another $65)

Smart they just went with an ambidextrous design though.

Too bad it cost as much as the bergara by the time it's done LOL

Couldn't agree with you guys more.

It's going to take some serious money to get a CZ or a Tikka the way I would want it. Whether it'd be lefty action, threaded barrel, or a stock I can at least adjust my cheek weld on. Bergara has all 3 from time of purchase. I just need a scope base and a scope.

I guess this is kind of like asking someone "should I get a Glock or an M&P". they are both great and no matter which you pick, you're going to enjoy it.