• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

It's TT time again!

Like to watch them but no way I would try that. I do a lot of deep tech diving and people think I'm nuts but these folks are outright crazy:)

It's TT time again!

Deep diving is outright crazy. No way would I attempt that.

Last edited:
I've spent the better part of the last twenty years on two wheels on the racetrack, but the Isle of Man guys are insane! The tracks I've raced at have these really nice WIDE dirt areas where I can run off, if necessary, and if I do happen to crash, which happens from time to time in the quest to balance speed with the human and mechanical (suspension, tires, braking, etc.) limitations. These guys are skiming walls on regular roads lol. The TT guys ride with both balls out!

That's not really the preferred way to dismount your motorcycle, is it.

Holy crap, hopefully they will be the only two this year. Perfect example why these guys are nuts, I can't think of any single racing series more dangerous than the TT.

It's TT time again!

Perfect example why these guys are nuts..
For you (and me) it's a dangerous course, but for them at their level not so much.

They're not nuts, they're just hardwired differently from most people. What is nuts is not realizing that there are far worse things than death, or than dying while doing the one thing you love more than life itself.

I'll admit: At first glance it's nuts. But after having been there a few times, and having ridden the course many times, at the end of the day it's not really that crazy.

Last edited:
Been following for years. Coolest, down low, up front videos are POV on sidecars. Plenty of room for brass balls there.

Great riding all the way around really, at least they love what they do!

Think the NW200 is equally difficult, but have never seen it broadcast. Riders in British Isles to include Ireland and Scotland learn to ride in pretty difficult conditions and seem to excel when it's toughest. Look at how fast a handful are moving through Moto GP and WSB. They have some serious skills and no fear whatsoever. Tough lot.

It's TT time again!

The NW200 is a big public road triangle: Four sharp corners with flat-out straights in between, like a big Southern 100. It's nowhere near as technical as the TT course, with very little elevation change..... and FAST. Probably, all tolled, faster than the TT. And with a mass start!

Last edited:
I've been watching the highlight reels at least since I got into riding about 3 years ago, now. I just finished up two days down at the track at NCBike in North Carolina (great track by the way). I still run intermediate group - just a step up from beginner, but definitely very far from being ready for an actual race. I still can't figure out how these guys can be that good. There is very little time to react (and do so correctly), when something isn't right. I still have serious nerves when I get out onto the purpose built bike tracks that have smooth pavement with lots of rubber laid down, long runoffs (usually, except for some areas), tire walls, etc. These guys do it on bumpy roads with no runoff, distractions all over the place, blind turns, etc. It's unreal. Even today, in our trackday group where average speeds are, I'd guess, in the 60mph range, we had a guy that had to get medivac'd. This is for a go-out-for-fun-you're-racing-nobody-but-yourself session. It's a dangerous sport even in controlled conditions. The crashes don't happen as often as one might think, but when they do, they can get downright ugly. I don't know how these guys can run this course at the speeds they do without that thought consuming their entire attention. In a lot of the interviews they mention that the course scares them, but they are able to use that fear and not let it consume them - quite an accomplishment.