• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

ITW fastmag for AICS??

Re: ITW fastmag for AICS??

I run them with a few minor mods.
I cut off the two loops at the top and stick a piece of thin rubber sheet on the back wall to grip a little tighter.

I tried it with an AW mag at shot and it fit just fine sat right on the wings on the bottom of the mag. Alpha mag would slide in to far but with something on the bottom of the fast mag and both tensioning bands it should work well for all the AI and Alpha mags.

Buddies of mine have used these not bad but I question how long the rubber bands last. I prefer the HSG taco mag pouches. with AICS mags they catch on the lip but the also have velcro on the inside so you could velcro a stop block inside the bottom. To adjust mag height.

They will work with AICS mags with a modification. The fiction pads ride in the indentions on the sides of the ACIS mags. The friction pads inside the fastmag are set up for M14, M110 and PMags so they are too thin to grab the ACIS. A piece of bicycle intertube glued over the fiction pads adds enough thickness to grab the ACIS mags. Once modified, they work pretty good.

The tension bands around the outside are pretty tough. I highly doubt there would every be a problem with them.

Ken

We have several hundred FastMag Heavies that should be here in a few days. I'll try to add some photos when I can.

i read or saw that itw has/used a spacer to run them with aics mags. i was under the impression that they provided it???

@ 1.08 minutes into the video he talks about the spacer.

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/6UgQlulY7sQ"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/6UgQlulY7sQ" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

That was a pre-production prototype from SHOT 10. That extra spacer did not make it into production. I have talked with ITW (the guy in the video) and we may see the spacer in the future but as of now, they are covered up with projects that have priority.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ken Darnell</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That was a pre-production prototype from SHOT 10. That extra spacer did not make it into production. I have talked with ITW (the guy in the video) and we may see the spacer in the future but as of now, they are covered up with projects that have priority. </div></div>

did you get a look at the spacer? is it a plastic one or some type of rubber?