• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Ivi brass??? Xbr. Pressure Case capacity? Ladder test

bobo

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 1, 2012
Northeast, Mississippi
Im working up a load for my gap 10 308 with ivi brass, win large rifle primer, xbr, 155 amax. Ladder test shows node is 41.8 - 42.2. These 3 shots were about .5 inch at 315 yds so accuracy looks to be ridiculos. Prob is its way to hot at 43.0. 43.2 will not eject.

It seems like people shoot 155s and xbr at a much higher charge. I have not chrono this yet. Wen i do, velocity may be fine and all is good. Im wondering if since my node is jus below pressure signs, will my velocity be right based one case capacity etc or is this ivi brass showing pressure much to soon? Anyone else use ivi brass?

What shuld i expect velocity to be here?

Might be your brass. i shoot a bolt gun, but my load is in the 44 grain range with great accuracy and no pressure signs. I never reloaded for a semi auto though, so could be a different issue

Is that IVI brass the Canadian Military stuff or the Israeli ? The Canadian Mil.brass is very heavy and needs 1 1/2 to 2 gr.reduction in loads compared to what you see in loading manuals

I was told it is canadian. How can u tell difference?

If thats the case (pun intended) shuldnt the velocity be about normal even though the charge weight is less?

I was told it is canadian. How can u tell difference?

If thats the case (pun intended) shuldnt the velocity be about normal even though the charge weight is less?
It is Canadian. IVI is a subsidiary of General Dynamics. It is military, which I'm sure would dictate that it is of heavier construction. I have used some IVI brass, but was not at my max charge weight, so I didn't experience the issues you've had.

If anyone is interested, i finally got to chrono these loads. The 42.2 of xbr in ivi brass was running 2700+. Looks like even though im getting pressure at a really lower charge weight, velocity is still about where it should be. That is out of an 18" bartlien in gap10. Shoots less than .5.

I've been shooting IVI and just got some LC. I weighed them both and the IVI was just over 5 grains heavier. Pretty much the same.

That's why people should mind their brass weight. Going from Winchester to IVI will result in problems.