• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Sidearms & Scatterguns iwb holster sugestion for big 45's

hypno02

Not Politically Correct
Banned !
Minuteman
Jul 23, 2006
South Dakota
As the title says, I'm looking for a iwb holster for my g21sf. I've been carrying for over two years without a holster and have had no problems. I want a holster to make things a bit more secure.

I'd like a holster with a locking mechanism, but its not essential. It does need to be low profile, of course.

Thanks for any help.

Re: iwb holster sugestion for big 45's

I use a Galco King Tuck for my Sig Sauer P220 Dark Elite

The kydex keeps it secure and it works with my 229 E2!

Well, no one has voted for a Crossbreed yet, so I guess I'll do that. I used to run it at the 4 o'clock position, but have recently been using it at 2 o'clock... it's great for everything by sitting in the truck.

http://www.crossbreedholsters.com

Comp-Tac Minotaur and VersaMax 2 immediately spring to mind; I'm not sure why you'd need a locking mechanism with IWB carry...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: GTriever</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Comp-Tac Minotaur and VersaMax 2 immediately spring to mind; I'm not sure why you'd need a locking mechanism with IWB carry... </div></div>

Second on the Comp-Tac. I have several and have never had an issue and they hide very well. I have used one with a Springfield XD when I had it, used it for 4 years and now my dad has that gun and still uses that holster. I now have one for my G23 and Sig229. No issues and fits snug. I also have a comp-tac for my S&W 638 revolver but it is not a Minotaur.

I'll second Crossbreed!

Comp-Tac Minotaur. I carry an M&P 45 4.5" in one and have had zero problems with it. It is comfortable all day.

I use a Comp Tac Minotaur for my XD-M and it is very comfortable. I love the Versa Max II for my 1911's. I also have a Crossbread but don't find it as comfortable as the other two.

After trying some of the more complicated designs the Comptac Infidel and Galco Triton get my vote. Have one for a g22 and 27.
Kydex will not absorb sweat and the simple design is secure and easy to remove when you need to. Niether of them are tuckable though.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: nate3006</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Crossbreed there worth every penny </div></div>

I'm not sure whether I should first fix your grammar, your punctuation, or your assertion about Crossbreed.

I bought a Crossbreed to find out what all the fuss was about. Frankly, it wasn't about any too damned much quality.

TT gunleather has some very comfortable iwb holsters. They are similar to the vm2 but are more affordable and easier to get. A little thinner too. I carry a fullsize wilson cqb elite in mine under a t shirt.

Milt Sparks VMII . I have tried a bunch and this one is the best I have found for my 1911s.
You can sometimes snag them on e bay without having to wait. Otherwise they are made to order. very very nice holsters, I am pretty sure I will never need another.

http://www.ritchieholsters.com/catalog

Ritchie worked with Lou Alessi. Lou's kids got the name, and Ritchie got the know-how. Old Alessi product is all gone, and everything coming out now under the Alessi name just isn't the same.

I'll throw in my vote for the Milt Sparks choices - the SS2 or VM2. I have both and actually prefer the sumer special for bigger guns (less holster, still secure). Your 21 is thicker than my 1911 though

Matt Del Fatti is one of the best. They are awesome but get ready for a wait.