• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors IWB hOLSTER

MAGNETON44

Private
Minuteman
May 27, 2008
CT
This is probably a redundant ?? I'm looking for an IWB holster for my TRP.
Recommendations are greatly appreciated.

Re: IWB hOLSTER

Love my Kramer IWB #2 horsehide. I've had my current one for 14 yrs and it's still in first rate shape. Tough as nails and it's been through a lot. EDC since I bought it (summers get pretty humid here,) several classes, numerous IDPA matches, you name it. The only thing I haven't done is run over it with my truck. Overall, I'd highly recommend their products, but that's just my opinion.

When I bought it, they were running a holster, belt and mag pouch combo for something like $50 off the price of all 3 pieces. Don't know if they still do that. Get a double thickness belt if you need a good, rigid as hell gun belt. . .best thing is they can pass for dress belts if you need to wear a suit. (Get the 1 1/4" wide for this purpose.)

Alessi Talon! Hard to come by now since the sad news of.....!
frown.gif

Galco royal gaurd a better then the orginal summer special knock off, it's a classic for a reason the best IWB holster I have owned ever period! The Milt Sparks summer special is a little nicer then the Galco if you have the extra time and money. I have carried the Galco or sparks summer special as my IWB for over ten years all over the world and you can not go wrong with it, it would be my pick if I could only own one holster!

+1 for Milt Sparks, high noon, crossbreed, kramer. they all have or are acquiring a good following. TT looks pretty good.

Galco - not a fan due to a design flaw on their FLETCH for G21, and Customer service. but they do the job.

(Rafter S did a great job on my custom 1911 Commander/G30holsters and 1.5" belt. Very nice, but not IWB items.)

Go to RIGRATE.COM and look around, you'll find Tucker and some others.

I am using a Dual Carry made by DM Bullard (www.dmbullardleather.com) for my Dan Wesson 1911. I have only carried with it a few times so far, but I love it. It is the most comforatable IWB holster I have tried so far.

Milt Sparks ... any model that fits your fancy as there workmanship is above the standard. Check out the website (www.miltsparks.com) and give them a call. The VM-2 is really nice as is the Watch Six. I am currently using the Axiom outside waistband as it suits my needs perfectly.

I agree, Sparks is always good stuff. I still have several, but once I tried a Com Com from Eric Larsen at HBE leatherworks, it was game over. No metal mouth ring, so it takes comfort to a whole different level. I have one for all my carry rigs now. Excellence quality, unlimited options and great looking colors too. He will steer you right, just let him know what you want and he will make recommendations for you. His forward canted mag pouches are badass too.

Take a look at the Comptac Minotaur.. Totaly adjustable, and you can change the shell for other pistols you might want to carry..

Excellent response, People!! I didn't think that there were so many options. Thanks !!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lrt</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Galco royal gaurd a better then the orginal summer special knock off, it's a classic for a reason the best IWB holster I have owned ever period! The Milt Sparks summer special is a little nicer then the Galco if you have the extra time and money. I have carried the Galco or sparks summer special as my IWB for over ten years all over the world and you can not go wrong with it, it would be my pick if I could only own one holster!</div></div>

+1 love that one too

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 1_ar_newbie</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I use the bladetech IWB holster... I have two for my 19 with and without a light.

The draw stoke is crazy smooth (fast) and it is very thin...

http://www.blade-tech.com/home.php </div></div>

1+. Also I would try the FIST company also. The problem with leather only IWB holster is when you holster your weapon. the holster collapses.(May be it's just my fat belly). I prefer the hard case of the Kydex material.

Love the Galco Royal Guard. If needed you can change belt loop sizes too for 1 1/4 to 1 3/4 belts. Most comfortable one I own for IWB.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DesertHK</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 1_ar_newbie</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I use the bladetech IWB holster... I have two for my 19 with and without a light.

The draw stoke is crazy smooth (fast) and it is very thin...

http://www.blade-tech.com/home.php </div></div>

1+. Also I would try the FIST company also. The problem with leather only IWB holster is when you holster your weapon. the holster collapses.(May be it's just my fat belly). I prefer the hard case of the Kydex material. </div></div>

Any good quaility IWB leather holster shouldl have a stiffner to keep it from collapsing, I have tens of thousands of presentations from my royal gaurd and after all the years of daily carry and being soaked in sweat ect... it still holds open every time.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SubMOA</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Take a look at the Comptac Minotaur.. Totaly adjustable, and you can change the shell for other pistols you might want to carry.. </div></div>

+1 for the CompTac MTAC.

Has a kydex body with a leather backing, very comfortable

+1 for blade-tech. Been carring a G26 in one for several years. Whichever IWB you decide on make sure it has a sweat guard. It can be quite painfull reholstering without one.

I own a Milt Sparks Summer Special II and can conceal a G22 under a polo. I have 1 3/4" loops and and a MS 1 3/4" belt. This is by far the best concealment rig I have used and I have tried alot of holsters and belts. The holster rides well, is relatively comfortable and stays open when empty for easy reholstering. The draw is easy and smooth yet retains the weapon well. It has a sweat guard so you don't pinch your sidemeat when reholstering and the loops have snaps so you can mount and remove the holster without removing your belt.
I have owned concelament holster from Galco, Kramer, Sidearmor, Bladetech, Blackhawk, Fobus, El Paso, Rafter S and Safariland. While many of the others are excellent holsters, I find that the MS is the best balance of concealability and comfort.
Also, Brownells usually has them in stock for 1911s and Glocks.