• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

J. Allen Chassis

phillip61

Sergeant
Banned !
Minuteman
Jun 14, 2012
texas
I'm looking at getting one of these. they are a tad on the expensive side, but I don't mind If they're worth it. Anyone here have any experience with them. If so, please share what you like or don't like about them. Thanks in advance for the knowledge you are about the bestow on me.

They are awesome. That’s all I can say. I don’t own one but a shooting partner does and I shoot his rifle a lot. Very comfortable. Very well made. Very expensive.

Most comfortable chassis on the market. They have a ton of machining that goes into them which is what drives up cost. They feel really awesome, the adjustable mag well stuff is cool and works well, the for end is eh. The forward collet on the magwell is slanted and it drives me nuts, terrible if you're trying to shoot directly off a structure without a bag, also that slight angle just forward of the magwell before the forend straightens out drives me nuts. Last thing that kinda was a head scratcher was that the butt was not adjustable. I'd think for 2k$ you'd get an adjustable butt. I said that was the last thing, I just thought of one more. The cages aka inlets for chassis are not universals not do they all fit all actions. I hate machining on a 2k$ chassis, but for some actions you have to.

Anyway, hate to be negative they are awesome chassis and super comfortable. I used one for about 2-3 years and really enjoyed it but the more I used it the less I liked it due to the reasons above.

• Haha
Reactions: SniperBro
Serious competitive shooter and owned a JAE 700 sa for two competitive shooting years. Sold mine. They have too many screws to account for. I do not like having screws falling out mid match or trainup (has happened MORE THAN ONCE). Went a new direction iot eliminate having to completely disassemble, loctite, reassemble such a product. One guys opinion

53E9F04B-81A1-435F-BAEA-13170369C597.jpeg2262E99B-60C4-48DF-A4A5-65CDB0E1FC11.jpeg

I have 4 and run my kit hard never an issue. by far best fit/finish, comfort, reliality, and customer service

I have a JAE and an MPA. Both are outstanding. Both have been tough as nails and very reliable. Both are very well supported by the manufacturers. JAE was a little behind for a short while on accessories to improve stability on barricades, but that day has passed. Between bags and rails, JAE has pulled even again.

I love my JAE and my MPA. I wouldn’t hesitate to buy another one or either brand.

Well, I have talked to Lisa @ J. Allen Ent. And she informed me that she just shipped four JEA 700s to this company and even told me what colors they were. so I guess I'm going to call them 1st thing in the morning and order me one, I'm guessing there should be no waiting. My smith literally lives about 10 minutes from me. So maybe I can have this thing out on the range in a few weeks.

Reactions: kdmcd
Congratulations! I think you will be very happy with your decision.

I had a Jallen for about 2 years. Loved the fit and finish. Very well made but I didn’t like the grip angle. I ended up selling it and buying a Krg bravo, actually a couple bravos. I much prefer the grip on the bravo and actually shoot better with the bravo simply due to ergos. To me the JAllen wasn’t my thing and wished I would have put the money into other stuff. But I’m glad I tried it.

Attachments

• EC5990E7-32F6-4606-B758-4F84D1B3F33F.jpeg
    EC5990E7-32F6-4606-B758-4F84D1B3F33F.jpeg
    781.5 KB · Views: 70
  • 99BDFA9A-9D63-4ED6-AAC1-F898D092D2B8.jpeg
    99BDFA9A-9D63-4ED6-AAC1-F898D092D2B8.jpeg
    361.3 KB · Views: 76
I am a smaller framed guy and the J Allen length of pull is too long for me. I primarily shoot an AIAT and I run the stock all the way in.

I also find the cheek piece on the JAE to be very uncomfortable and some smoothing or a cheek pad would be a good upgrade.

The mag system on the JAE is pretty slick. It does take some adjustments to make all mags run the same. But after you get them dialed in they seem to run very well.

The JAE is a bit heavy but in today's game that is a good thing.

I am sure you will be happy with your choice.

What is the exterior of the chassis made of? I know that chassis have aluminum on the inside, where the action goes, but is the outside aluminum too. I have heard some people comment that some chassis are very uncomfortable in the winter, since they get cold, and hot in the summer, since they get hot. So, not sure if the J. Allen is aluminum on the outside.

The exterior surface of the JAE is not aluminum, although not sure what it is-composite, plastic, something I find comfortable in all temperatures. I couldn't be happier with the chassis. I just installed a JAE specific acra-swiss rail on the fore end.

Well, I broke down and got one, here it is. Just got it put together last night. Haven't been to the range yet, but it feels great, thanks for the input guys.

Reactions: tennturk
Well, that looks really sweet! How long is that barrel?